G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 47 Non Members

Why Such A Little Willie

West Australian Racing
Why does Willie White get limited opportunities? He rides a lot of slow ones but he is a trier and does seem to get the best he can from his rides.
+1 -1

The_Bull likes this post.

Comments

• BushChookBushChook    38 posts
    Thought someone had started a thread about me. But a good point Slip. Willie White is responsible for one of my most memorable and exciting wins on the punt. Global Flirt in the Tatts @$101.

hash, SLIPPERGOLDEN, paraletic, thefalcon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,043 posts
    Reminds me of when "big Willie Mason" of the Newcastle Knights visited the Canberra Raiders who had Alan Tongue playing for them. The clever banner:

rustyh, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    BushChook said:

Global Flirt in the Tatts @$101.

That was a good ride.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    seems like a great lad too!
    met him for the first time at bunbury a few months ago, had a good chat and funnily enough it was around that same time of the month but years earlier that he won on Global Flirt, last race on Melb Cup day (i think) nearly 6 years ago.
    I thanked him albeit years later and he then went on and told me to follow a horse he rode that day that was awfully unlucky not to win... sure enough it bolted in next start! cheers Will  :D

seems like we weren't the only one on Global flirt @paraletic

as for him trying and getting the best out of his rides, check the replay of Light The Fuse from December... won easy and had them covered a long way out yet he still took a look over his shoulder just to make sure nothing was coming and rode it out to the line 
    ^:)^
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    BushChook said:

Thought someone had started a thread about me. But a good point Slip. Willie White is responsible for one of my most memorable and exciting wins on the punt. Global Flirt in the Tatts @$101.

was on it. And had in my quaddie. Fell off my chair when i saw the divi. Best day at the races ever.

hash likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    BushChook said:

My longest price winner was Space Age in the Boulder Cup... paid $205 for a win. Only 10 x 10 on it, but it was the beginning of my 'Stars' system.... intersting that Global Flirt fits my criteria too :D

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    do share this system......................  8-> and how many beers does it involve when making your final decision

SKIDS likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    hash said:

do share this system......................  8-> and how many beers does it involve when making your final decision

I just back horses with; star, cosmos, galaxy, moon etc etc.... it's as good as any.

I remember after Space Age, i went on ome of those rare purple patches. Star of Angel, a Gero nag, won heaps, kept paying ok as it worked through the grades too!

I backed one on Sunday at Mudgee, Cosmologist... it paid $61. That on top of the Star Glitter tri made it one hell of an r n r!

paraletic, jum likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    SKIDS said:

hash said:

I just back horses with; star, cosmos, galaxy, moon etc etc.... it's as good as any.

I remember after Space Age, i went on ome of those rare purple patches. Star of Angel, a Gero nag, won heaps, kept paying ok as it worked through the grades too!

I backed one on Sunday at Mudgee, Cosmologist... it paid $61. That on top of the Star Glitter tri made it one hell of an r n r!

on Cosmologist, saw it at $200/1 early in the day. Drove to the tab - i was fuming it was into $126. Had a small ew bet on it. Straight to the front and wins

SKIDS likes this post.