G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
Race 1- The Accumulator   (Lord Willoughby)
Race 2- Red Hot Roxy        (Millview Sienna)
Race 3- El Jacko                 (Im Soxy)
Race 4- Liberty Rose          (Our Angel Of Harlem)
Race 5- Military Master       (WhozIdeaWasThis)
Race 6- Glow Bright            (OneOnTheWood)
Race 7- Bechers Brook       (Sweet N Fast)
Race 8- The Bucket List      (Rock Diamonds)
Race 9- Im Master Charlie  (Dredlock Rockstar)
Race 10- Shes Artful           (AtLastAlone)
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2018
    Took a $10 all up win on the three barrier one favourites last week. Painful viewing.

This week lets have a look. Three faves again from the bullet draw.

Millview Sienna $1.45 hmmm a bit short there. Should win though.
    Liberty Rose $1.45 seems ok.
    I'm Master Charlie $1.85 goodness gracious.

Double up for a $20 tote all up win. Can just see what's going to happen.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Travelling to Wagin this arvo but for the hell of it, all up the place number 2 at GP in race 1, 2, 5 and 6....Tisadream into Chevrons Champion into Frostyflyer  into Bad Round. Got to help keep turnover on GP up or else there will be a selective survey done and no more race dates allocated.

Ridersonthestorm33, Betonme, curmudgeon, Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

Kane_26 dislikes this post.

Frostyflyer is an interesting roughie for a place from the two might be able to cross the ex Croweater Futurist at the start. Actually there both ex South Aussies. Was pretty one paced Futurist in Adelaide, was handy though.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Looks a tough night to find some value so had to go searching for a bit which is probably not a good thing.

R1: Thought Lord Willoughby was capable of winning from the breeze. FF: 3,9/2,3,9/2,3,9,10/2,3,9,10,11.

R2: Millview Siena can win but is massive unders, EW Chevrons Champion.

R3: Happy to back Im Soxy a place. Going well enough to be able to do some work and finish top 3 compared to these.

R4: Amelias Courage is a chance for 1,1. Sat up maybe she can improve.

R5: Ohoka Darcy getting the Mister Ardee trip will definately be running on

R6: Though Bad Round should win and One On The Wood should run top 4, playing novelties arpumd that.

R7: Bright Diamond to keep the others in the market behind him and make the most of the draw.

R8: Im a Tommy Be Good fan, patient drive charge late.

R9: Say It Now no form but leaders back at GP he will enjoy.

R10: Actually like him less now Carter Michael is out but Besotted is racing better than these. Want him driven nice and cold which is the prob with the fav out.

Good luck all.
    edited April 2018
    A full 2 minutes to go to Richmond greyhounds...and Gloucester Park just seconds from moving away from the mobile. Sky 1 move GP to Sky 2. They are a fair dinkum disgrace sometimes.

Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

• ZimmermanZimmerman    80 posts
    Not sure what A de campo was thinking positioning to the fence allbeit near last on a mare such as mary c in a race that represented a bit of class drop. Would of thought to stay in moving line to give opportunity to move into the race. She has performed well in better races when driven with some assertiveness. I guess a be on me next time run!
    Big run by Danieljohn at wagin! He may be in a bit of trouble running inside marker pegs on the last turn!
    Big sigh of relief for k hawhins! Danieljohn winning saves the hawk from a stint on the sidelines!
    edited April 2018
    Charlie Chuckles fancy opening him with that form at $1.85, tested early by the Rockstar and it was curtains for both of them from that very moment.

As Meat Loaf melancholy proclaimed two out of three ain't bad. Shocking song.
    Yes riders hard to believe with form so average this prep that punters got sucked in again by the red with regards to i m charlie! With R10 the 6 is my ew hopeful! Will need more than luck!
    edited April 2018
    The final race what a field :-\" will steer away from the fave, steer away from the one and steer away from Atlastalone, good luck catching him and having $10 each on the two horses that are 22 years old bewteen them and drawn out in the river #8. Besotted and #9. Shardons Rocket.

Good luck to those two #-o

savethegame likes this post.

edited April 2018
    Well done Besotted was a good run last week when went to the line under a throttle hold. Shardons excellent effort.

Walkabout Creek $3.30 tote, barrier one unders and Atlastalone, goodness gracious..what a deceiver he is. Avoid like the plague. The favourite She's Artful had been unplaced at her previous 12 runs..riiiiiight.

Constantlybroke likes this post.

edited April 2018
    Just noticed Bessotted and Shardons Rocket were the only two horses in the field to have been placed at there last runs.
    The rest of the field let alone winning, hadn't been placed since 1985.
  • Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    Where's all this info before the race Riders?
    edited April 2018
    Mentioned both before the race and at least I contribute. If it wasn't for a few of us regulars on the trotting forum for the last few years there'd lucky to be a trotting page.

Am wrong more times than I'm right but who cares only being mischievous half the time and tongue in cheek. When posting 5,983 times can make a few mistakes. But we move forward and onwards.
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    Spot on Riders - keep up the good work!!!

savethegame, curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Riders enjoy reading your posts across all sports the best all  round memory from the gallops football &harness ive come across...
    Danieljohn great win three votes to the caller he was all over it as it was unfolding,,,inside the mark
    pegs is a tricky one , if the stewards were in charge that took the race off  spring well ,,,danieljohnwould have lost it..
    Without any research I would think it would be  hard to find a horse racing at present in w.a. that has won at more tracks    in w.a. then danieljohn......g.p.,kella,kalgoorlie,northam,pinjarra,bunbury,harvey,albany,wagin,(9) another one thought of mister ardee has won at (7)
    Still can't believe whozideawasthis got beat from the one+one two starts ago, the driver had space to sell between  his ears that night....talking through me kick..
    Riders age shall not weary them standardbred.. 22 year old quinella

curmudgeon, cisco, OnTheBridle likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    I wouldn't lose too much sleep Riders...it's hardly a major catastrophe to be dodging Kane's pies.

• PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    JayJay said:

I wouldn't lose too much sleep Riders...it's hardly a major catastrophe to be dodging Kane's pies.

Punny, I like it.
    edited April 2018
    All good and no worries, we need new posters on the trotting page too. The good thing about the harness forum is if a few of the boys go a bit quiet, it's not always possible to post, there's always somebody else who takes up the slack. Be it a JJ who am I ? Or another topic from somebody else. A poster just last week at the one meeting tipped something like a 15/1 winner, a 36/1 winner and a 10/1 third. Remarkable.

That's true Curmudgeon age shall not weary them, learnt that from standing on the grass area and watching Indian Chant who was about 13 and still winning races in good company for F.R.Kersley. Amazing animals the standardbred.

Was a great driving finish the Major Catastrophe race, the Train did his best on Charlie had to hold up and rated well, Edwards had a look on Dreadlock and that was fair enough. The veteran Chris Lewis chiming in on Kerrin Joseph. The winner looked to be under a bit of pressure too but was lifted and cajoled over the line by Madeleine Young. The Youngs been part of the game and gone with the times for as long as can remember. The Kelly gang I call them hahaha.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    Just got around to watching the Wagin replays

Re Daniel John - i dont bet in standing starts - so not financially involved - but is was great or pleasing to see it win off 70 metres ( or 84yards in the old ) last Sunday at Kellerberrin - and again last night off the same mark - because thats what standing starts used to be like in the 60s 70s - horses all on different handicaps - and  most of them would step like last nights race

However if they are fair dinkum ( and there are proper rules ) then it had to be disqualified last night - it has just got up and won - it has poleaxed 2 or 3 pegs and gone inside 1 - id love to know what the rule is - i think if you run over more than 1 peg - and knock it out of the ground you should lose the race

For what it is worth -i can remember Brian Hancock being disqualified not once but twice at Harold Park - after winning races after going marginally inside/hitting pegs . From memory he got 4 weeks the 1st time and 6 weeks the 2nd time - they were lenghty suspensions

Again on their website - they should explain the Daniel John decision and the rule that applies - let punters know - but they wont
  • OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    edited April 2018
    Horses frequently go inside the marker pegs but unless stewards deem it was granted an inequitable advantage that benefited its finishing position by doing so then placings will remain unaffected. Take El Jacko's run at Gloucester Park behind Whozideawasthis last week for example.

Kane_26 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Markovina said:

Just got around to watching the Wagin replays

Re Daniel John - i dont bet in standing starts - so not financially involved - but is was great or pleasing to see it win off 70 metres ( or 84yards in the old ) last Sunday at Kellerberrin - and again last night off the same mark - because thats what standing starts used to be like in the 60s 70s - horses all on different handicaps - and  most of them would step like last nights race

However if they are fair dinkum ( and there are proper rules ) then it had to be disqualified last night - it has just got up and won - it has poleaxed 2 or 3 pegs and gone inside 1 - id love to know what the rule is - i think if you run over more than 1 peg - and knock it out of the ground you should lose the race

Again on their website - they should explain the Daniel John decision and the rule that applies - let punters know - but they wont

marko;; not sure if you picked up on the replays a peg wasn't needed ,,,,,or was in the wrong spot, same peg  race 1& 2 three horses.inside r.2....And on the first and second lap of Daniel johns race,it was sent flying wasn't put back on the third lap would have made it look worse....,somebodys made a decision  probably the person that had to keep putting it back because it wasn't used in race 6 or 7. 
    on the point bend home straight.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Loved the drive of Michael Ferguson on Besotted.

So many get caught up in getting into their horse around that final bend, lose the compass and end up wider than they need to. He steered it to perfection around that bend, not locking wheels but not going an inch wider than he had to and then getting into it once it balance up, anything else and it doesn't win the race. 10/10 for a drive I was nervous about, perhaps a sign of growing maturity on the track.

Constantlybroke, VillageKid likes this post.