G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members
Won in 2020 by Smallamountofmerit by 7.5 lengths. The runners it beat weren't useless.

It was this runners second career win, the first and last coming in Geraldton in 2016. Two wins in 45 starts.

Anyone know any more detail?

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    What details are you exactly chasing
  • ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Missed the kick by 3, just wondering if there was an eye witness who saw this phenomenal performance
  • udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    Chris said:

Missed the kick by 3, just wondering if there was an eye witness who saw this phenomenal performance

https://www.facebook.com/1583249915285743/posts/2662597157351008/

oldhendo, Chris likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    I get it now. He did a Bradbury.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    5 wide out of the first turn in a 6 horse field
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    TheDiva said:

5 wide out of the first turn in a 6 horse field

Team riding at its finest :))
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Chris said:

What I find amazing is that Chris has 4,000+ posts here & was unaware that all WA Non TAB replays are posted on the CRA Facebook page  :D
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,767 posts
    Frankly what I find amazing is anyone who is that interested in Norseman Races. Yes sure if you are in the town or have an interest in a runner and fancy a day at the races... Yes... Apart from that I don't understand it.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Probably people who are at the coalface in these ,outback raceclub's,and others who realize the effort they put in as purely volunteers. Norseman last two years all the preparation had been done,only to  be abandoned due to lack of horse numbers.

Also gives owners&trainers a opportunity ,that might not have horses that cut the mustard at Kalgoorlie, when its in full swing,with the gap between Esperance l/meeting and Kalgoorlie's first meeting of,four weeks..

Kalgoorlie numbers are significantly down this year,with a few trainers having left the region,so  hopefully some of the Norseman runners push onto Kalgoorlie in a fortnight so there first meeting goes ahead.
    So when these chainlinks are broken it has a rippling effect. Well done for the norseman mob who didn't give up.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,767 posts
    A very fair and informative reply 'Save'. 

On reflection I was a bit quick of the mark considering a couple of international courses I have supported in the past. :-B

savethegame likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

Probably people who are at the coalface in these ,outback raceclub's,and others who realize the effort they put in as purely volunteers. Norseman last two years all the preparation had been done,only to  be abandoned due to lack of horse numbers.

Also gives owners&trainers a opportunity ,that might not have horses that cut the mustard at Kalgoorlie, when its in full swing,with the gap between Esperance l/meeting and Kalgoorlie's first meeting of,four weeks..

Kalgoorlie numbers are significantly down this year,with a few trainers having left the region,so  hopefully some of the Norseman runners push onto Kalgoorlie in a fortnight so there first meeting goes ahead.
    So when these chainlinks are broken it has a rippling effect. Well done for the norseman mob who didn't give up.

=D>  Very well said
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    Smallamountofmerit is listed to run in the Mingenew cup this Saturday..is two on the bounce a possibility?

Sky Atlas should win the main sprint race there if it av accepts.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

Frankly what I find amazing is anyone who is that interested in Norseman Races. Yes sure if you are in the town or have an interest in a runner and fancy a day at the races... Yes... Apart from that I don't understand it.

I will reply to this for you Slip, and I am answering for me, no one else.

I follow country racing, I have no real interest in City racing, I find a day at Ascot boring, a day at Berlmont, you would have more fun at the Karrakatta Cemetry (and better facilities). I like country racing , from the smallest meetings upwards. A day at Provincial meetings such as Pinjarra & Bunbury i rarely go, too cityite for me, but meetings such as Mingenerw this Saturday a rough 1000km round trip (which I will not be making, as Cricket GF on) , i would rather go to thana 400km round trip to Ascot. For me it is just a better social day out

thefalcon, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    edited March 2020
    I agree Goose definitely nothing wrong with the country meets, i went to Newman last August, Meekatharra end of September both were a super atmosphere..Port Hedland meets I like too Cup day last year was fookin great(supreme scenery I kid you not :x)..roughly same kms trip for me to Mingenew and i briefly contemplated going but having just got back from Gero last weekend(the timing was wrong by a week or i could have stopped in there on my way back)I've decided not to go...

Gilgamesh likes this post.