G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

Belmont 22/7/20

West Australian Racing
R1- GUARDED was a big betting drifter first up and although doing it tough, the money was right. Looked a major player in that race off the back of some handy trials but was very big from the yard so expect that run to bring him on a great deal. Has race form behind Dom To Shoot and Surveillance which looks strong in this field and looks capable of crossing to either lead or breeze rather than sit four deep the entire.

R2- MADAM TORIO showed sustained speed when blowing away a handy field first up before bumping into a strong Saturday field. Was far from disgraced there behind All Day Session, Billy Ain’t Silly and Bumper Humper who would all be big players in this. Comes back to the midweeks and although she doesn’t have an abundance of gate speed, she can muster very quickly and expecting her to find the breeze at worst and give a huge sight.

R3- SO SWAY put in two very ordinary trials October last year but the most recent trial was very good. Was a real professional on that occasion when showing gate speed, travelling throughout and kicking away from his rivals in the straight and ran a nice time to boot. He must have something under the hood to keep going with him for nine months after his first prep and doesn’t look one dimensional so expecting he may take a sit in field where there are a few speedy horses.

R4- FUHRER gets a few things back in his favour here coming back in grade and distance. Has been bumping into horses like Power of St George and Resortman and running races against them where a lot of his rivals here would struggle and for the first time this prep looks to find an easy lead. That can be the key to his chances and the weight shouldn’t be an issue as he’s beaten the older horses with 61kg.

R5- BRUTUS MAXIMUS would at his best absolutely devastate this field but after 600+ days away from the races he clearly has issues. Has been gelded some time in that period and hoping that will be the key to unlocking his full potential. His trials for a return have been positive when not fully tested and like claim which sees him carry just 57.5kg. From the gate doesn’t have to get too far back in the field and could simply come out and beat these in second gear.

R6- COMPLETED got to the 2000m last start and showed it was what he was looking for when cantering in. Although it was probably a weak maiden this looks an equally weak class one and so he should handle the step up. Pateman will be looking for a midfield spot with cover wherever that opens up. If he can find a spot like that and be rolling into the turn he’ll go close.

R7- DELTA BELLE is a horse who needs every inch of a staying trip and is 2/2 at 2000+. Trialled nicely for a return to the races over 1400 where she just struggled to keep up in the middle stages before getting into her work late and hitting the line well. Trust team Williams to have her ready to fire at 2100 second up and the draw will only help more as she can sit wherever Pike wants along the fence. With the cutaway in play expect she’ll be able to find a run somewhere and be flashing late.

R8- Best Bet: EXCELLENT DREAM was simply excellent first up no trial when sitting deep throughout and winning with a lot left in the tank. Sticks to the 1000m here second up and only needs to reproduce the run to be mighty hard to run down. Is a real jump and run horse and draws barrier two here to really aid his chances as he’ll be first to the fence and looks to have the speed to hold the lead. Always has the option to hand up if something wants to drive him mad and if so will get the cutaway.

Comments

• GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    R7 - BEANIE, hoping it will drift a bit more in its price to around, e/w ????
    And what ever you pick up from it, straight into al mahalo in the last at Pinjarra ????

R7 - BEANIE, hoping it will drift a bit more in its price to around, e/w ????
    And what ever you pick up from it, straight into al mahalo in the last at Pinjarra ????

sorry guys, duno where the question marks came from, not a question, just my opinion haha
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    No Grey i'd be questioning myself too(and did 5 or 6 starts ago when i backed it)if tipping that lactose lurver :)) good luck though mate you may be the man to get it over the line :D

I Like Al Mahalo on Thursday myself, also one other probable "banker" has accepted to run there, Puli in R5.

Re Tomorrow at Belmont ill look on til the 4th, i think Beat The Bro can turn turn the tables on La Vina and also cover the toppie, the step up in trip looks quite suitable to me.

Brutus is a query on the trial form and long break ill watch on with interest.

R6 Completed looks a great bet dont see why he cant replicate his maiden win.

R7 Consecutive midweek low grade staying races, one will need to be good to get two of these right!
    I like The Last Breeze so am going for a Pateman double she should be better for the first run at a trip(bet ew and even place heavy for an acceptable profit), the fav looks promising but i dont like the price 2nd up..still she will run well and get a good ride so im wary of course.

R8 I reckon Gunflint can run a race with luck CG might just sit off a decent speed wih cover and if so hopefully finish on strongly.Weaponson has some quality, so with luck too has a good chance and the fav and likely leader may be very hard to run down if she gets to dictate on speed.

Pikey needs 2 winners to equal his own season record..cant remember if they said it is 235? Was something like that..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,260 posts
    On the same wavelength @Thunderstruck , I think Beat the Bro can definately turn the tables. Not sure La Vina will see out the 1700 strongly based on last start, but it is the L Smith stable

Last race a ripping contest. The fav should win but outside it very even. Don't mind Nobelium and Percieve at odds for the Quaddie.
    thoughts on the 2nd leg of the quoddie?

R5 - 1,3,4,6,7
    R6 - 1,3,4,7???? (this one is a question)
    R7 - 5 hard to beat but ill be throwing beanie in :D
    R8 - 2,3,8,11

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited July 2020
    My early and late Quaddie thoughts

Early
    1-2-3-4-6-7
    1-3-6
    1-5-6-7
    2-3-5

Late
    1-2-5
    1-5-6-7-8
    2-3-5-6-7-9-10
    2-3-8-9-10-11-12

Cheers
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    i'm going to throw a few bucks on diplomatic express in r#7.....today could be his day.

H-BOMBER, Rodent, hash likes this post.

Daylight second in race 4 they all look limited behind the winner @Train = on fire.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    210 posts
    Ihtsahymn first up in Darwin..?
    Wow a pair of cats quinella'd it...fmd

Good jag Falc =D>
    It was his day today! Well done @thefalcon

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    thefalcon said:

i'm going to throw a few bucks on diplomatic express in r#7.....today could be his day.

Cheers Falc, only reason I put it in my Quaddie, 37% coming up on 2,3,7
  • FlandersFlanders    1,210 posts
    The "Head-on" footage in the Beanie race will be interesting. BParns looked to come in onto the chosen one Pikey. Stewards will be livid!!!  :))
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    ^^  :)) good one, flanders.

yep, DE the only bet for the day. you all know i rarely dabble in mid-weeks. got a bank for saturday, i've got a 2yo going around in race 1.