G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 22 Non Members

Belmont 05/09/2020

West Australian Racing
I thought I'd jump in before the ever consistent @Train since I've done my form early.

R1 #3 Balderdash (Each Way)
Last two runs haven't been too bad. He's got back from wide draws and ran on well after the race was won. Should be able to settle closer from barrier 1 and up to 1400m. Looks a solid each way bet to me to kick off the day.

R4 #5 Juicing Carrots (Each Way - Heavy Place)
The old boy's getting on in age and hasn't won for 18 months but I think he'll be in the finish tomorrow. Last two runs have been good after racing wide and not settling. Here's an interesting stat on him I noticed: He's dropped back from a 2000+m race to a 1600-1800m race 10 times in his career and he's placed in 8 of those occasions. Tomorrow he drops back to 1600m from 2000m last start and he's down in grade. I've also got him mapped to get cover midfield even though he's drawn the extreme outside. He's looks a solid place load up and also a small wager the win for good measure.

R8 #4 Indian Chant (Win)
Good win (dead heat) at Kal last start. He won well at Ascot last prep before being blocked for runs and racing wide in subsequent starts in town. The Fernie/Pateman combination coming to town after one start at Kal is enough for me to stand-up and take notice.
+1 -1

Train, Gilgamesh, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    you'd have to grab the $3 on offer for Eliminate...... $-)
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    edited September 2020
    R1- FAIROUGE was thrown in the deep end last start in a 60+ event but was far from disgraced when hardly tested. That followed an okay first up run at Northam from the back of the field and should be approaching peak fitness third up. Comes back to maiden grade and finds a race devoid of speed so suspect a change of tactics may come into play as she has raced prominently in the past. This is an open maiden and the whole Chris Willis team is going really well at the moment.

R2- DOM TO SHOOT trialled super and brings quality 2yo form in to this for his return to racing. Was super consistent throughout his first prep and proved he was versatile with victory’s from on and off the speed. He was able to make Watch Me Dance work twice and beat Queen Brown who has proved her quality. He is a big strong unit who always looked like making a real 3yo and 1200 first up looks a good starting point.

R3- CHATTER SESSION has really found form since having blinkers added to her gear. After her first run with them at 1000m which is on the sharp side for her she has produced two powerful finishes for two victory’s at 1400 and looks ready for the step up to the mile. Can use barrier three to sit closer than she has in recent times and strikes a very similar field to what she has beaten at her last two.

R4- LEADING GIRL was heavily supported last start when asked to sustain a run from the 400 and peaking late. That was second up at 1400 in a race similar to this when beaten her main danger here in LONSDALE LADY. However, third up at 1600 with a weight swing in her favour and hopefully a more patient ride like in her excellent first up run, expecting her to be incredibly hard to beat in this.

R5- MONTELENA is starting to put it all together which is allowing her to be very consistent. Her past three starts have all be terrific courtesy of her electric turn of foot that can get here out of a lot of trouble. From the gate likely settles last but it’s only a small field and it doesn’t matter if they go fast or slow because she can handle either. She’s very short but has far more upside than any of her rivals.

R6- VITAL SILVER couldn’t have lobbed into a better race if he tried with the 62kg max top weight. He’s dual group one placed where all but one of his rivals haven’t even raced at that level and most will never get the chance. Has never raced at 1000m but he’s versatile and has a gate that gives him options and should keep him from being boxed away on the fence. He has a massive class edge here and should be super competitive.

R7- MOSCHARD went to the line well fresh at the 1000 and should really appreciate going straight to 1400. Just doesn’t have the turn of foot to go with the short course sprinters but that should have him ready for this where there looks to be a solid tempo to bring him into the race. Won a similar race in this grade last prep beating Sliced Bread and Festival Miss and although needs the right type of race shape to show his best this looks the kind of field he’ll appreciate.

R8- Best Bet: EEYORE WAYZ gets to 1200 for the first time this prep after two good wins at 1000m and he should appreciate the rise in trip. Has been winning with a bit in hand and although he only beat a class one field first up the form out of it has held up and he was able to win in 60+ grade last start. Sticks to the same grade here and looks more progressive than his rivals. Will get a far way back again but should be able to find cover from eight and will just need a cart into the race.

R9- THROWDOWN is racing well and looks one of the better chances in this weeks staying raffle. Was okay first up no trial at a mile where he was never a chance before running a big race from near last and wide second up at 2100. Finished midfield in a stronger race last week but backs up into this with Chris Graham back on and a wide gate which should suit him as he needs to wide up from a long way out.

GreyHorsesMatter likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,260 posts
    edited September 2020
    I've had a bit on All on Black at $34 in a thin race 3. Just in case B-)

jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    Bit of a skinny day on face value, agree Chatter Session looks super hard to beat he is my best.

Favs in R4 and 5 look a lock also..(appears to be a logical all up in the offering)

R6 I think Money Matters can win again at the 1000m trip, 1200 and i'd be with Train's tip Vital Silver..a quinella saver could be the go.

R7 Utgard Loki looks a good chance in an even 72+..he races well fresh and his recent trial was good.

R9 Uncle Lino can run well again he was 39 days between runs last time out so maybe that placing has given him that extra bit of race fitness for today..again their an even lot am hoping its his turn.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

I've had a bit on All on Black at $34 in a thin race 3. Just in case B-)

Me Too.
  • RodentRodent    7,049 posts
    Where did you guys get the $34?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Will they test Montelena today are just walk around again and let her zap them with her turn of foot?

$16/$4 Zero Demerits Thursday morning, if only I had money in my acc!

I can’t see Comfort Me missing a place so have had a little EW him and FF that race the obvious 3 for top 3 with a couple at odds.

Pretty good meeting I expect from a competitiveness point of view
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Same again today Bomber

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Lonsdale lady my standout for the day.
  • ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Burning Pride upsets

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

• Heading out there today, so might as well have a crack.
    Im jumping on with Train for a few:

R1 - Fairouge dropping in grade at an e/w price. 
    R2&4 - Dom and leading girl all look well suited in races.
    R6- Highland beats is over the odds, racing very constantly, dont think they will catch it today.
    R7- Regal Counsel gets in well with the weights
    R8- Lucky Linda Lulu has done nothing wrong this prep and looks an e/w again

Good Luck!
    Rodent said:

Where did you guys get the $34?

Was $26 yesterday morning 933am and I boosted with Tabtouch to $34. Had 50 on.

Rodent likes this post.

Been told All on Black broke down after the post. Doesn't look good the reports. Extremely saddening
    The cerise and white just find lengths under Pike

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Agree and it was very obvious there..that one wins with William on imo.
    edited September 2020
    Undoubtedly, nothing wrong with the ride - horse just didn't want to go past them

Fair bit of desparation when it was all over too
    Big run Mackenzie Brook first up stretched the 3s on pop..and added a small amount of value to the tri.
    Gilgamesh said:

Will they test Montelena today are just walk around again and let her zap them with her turn of foot?

I can’t see Comfort Me missing a place so have had a little EW him and FF that race the obvious 3 for top 3 with a couple at odds.

Might be good for tabtouch that beteasy is merging with Sportsbet, they must be looking for someone else to do their prices after the last couple of eeeks
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

Might be good for tabtouch that beteasy is merging with Sportsbet, they must be looking for someone else to do their prices after the last couple of eeeks
    Painless viewing for backers once he got in the clear. The money was spot on :-B

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

Big run Mackenzie Brook first up stretched the 3s on pop..and added a small amount of value to the tri.

Is it Kal cup bound? Wasa huge run
  • MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    TabTouch are actually doing their  own prices for Saturday races as they want to be first to market at Thursday 8.00am and have been providing this service for the last 6-12 months.

TabTouch are actually doing their  own prices for Saturday races as they want to be first to market at Thursday 8.00am and have been providing this service for the last 6-12 months.

I know they are first up but I thought they were still paying to get prices done. In that case definitely jobs going

edited September 2020
    paraletic said:

Is it Kal cup bound? Wasa huge run

Big chance if their headed that way, what do they do in the 4 weeks til race day i wonder..a tune up run or just tick her over i reckon the latter.
    Goat race central...
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Great to see a horse that broke 34 last start  in perth  and cant run a place today perth racing going good.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Gees, Prescience turned its form around quickly.
    H-BOMBER said:

Been told All on Black broke down after the post. Doesn't look good the reports. Extremely saddening

Stewards report says fine
  • Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

No merger Gilga, Beteasy purchased and then closed down.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Test her? How so
    They dawdled up front and she still ran over the top of them... is that what you mean by testing her

Great tipping with the other two picks btw :)>-
    Montelena is a staying star. Perth Cup looks the target surely