G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Albany 24th april

West Australian Racing
Jericho cup qual an interesting race with good pace in it. You’d think it would be genuinely run.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
    I haven't watched a replay of last year's race yet..but call me mad many do Final Chill ran a bottler last year beaten under 2l and carried 59...
    This year obviously isn't going as well(but not going awful either)only carries 54, is he worth a spec @$41? On the drift as he opened $21.

Baronova is the other one I like, she was pretty good late over 2400 and being by Fiorente can't hurt.
    If you think Outback Jack can win she meets him 3kgs better too.
  • tonytony    2,378 posts
    I notice this is run under normal weight conditions whereas the Jericho Cup itself is run as a highweight with a minimum of 65kg. 
    Bazinga! :D

Notapuntas, oldhendo likes this post.

• NotapuntasNotapuntas    134 posts
    edited April 2022

Bazinga! :D

Good pick TS :-bd

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    edited April 2022
    I reckon they’re a good chance to send the mare over east for the final too

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited April 2022
    Cheers , i have always thought she was a decent stayer and it seems 2400+ is in her wheelhouse..actually could run a race in the big one over there.
    Good finishing effort by her, the runner up(ex Williams?)was gallant but got beat by a Williams galloper lol
    Carbs rode her well i thought waited for gaps closer in which were likely to occur and that made the difference given the narrow winning margin.
  • NotapuntasNotapuntas    134 posts
    Chengdu for me for the get out stakes

• RodentRodent    7,059 posts
    Would have been alive in the quaddy if Picture Perfect won  :-&
    edited April 2022
    TheDiva said:

I reckon they’re a good chance to send the mare over east for the final too

Not sure when it is October maybe?
    The prizemoney is good I think, though I had forgotten it's a gutwrenching 4800 metres...thought 3600/3800 for some reason.

*4600 appx they say..and 300K thought it was more.
    Last year was late Novenber with $300k prizemoney

Hardly original but had a bitm of luck with young Galati fairly recently, think he can get Trevello home.
    Rodent said:

Would have been alive in the quaddy if Picture Perfect won  :-&

I reckon it cost me 30k 

PNG
    PNG
    qd.PNG

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

edited April 2022
    Only the live view but Trevello is a bit old to be not wanting to go straight, that or it doesn't like winning.

Rodent how many selections did you have in the Jericho leg?
    4 selections, 2nd 3rd 4th and Black Chips. You can see it in the ticket above.

TheDiva said:

Jericho cup qual an interesting race with good pace in it. You’d think it would be genuinely run.

Was Kate Witten riding to Gary Crispin's instructions? That incomprehensible ride on Admired certainly benefited the winner didn't it. What possible motivation could there have been to go that early in a 3100m race on a horse suspect at the distance 3rd up after 1400m and 1700m. What a disgrace.
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Good story there from Albany races yesterday a bloke won 680K total from last 4 races from what I can gather outlaid 290$ on last 4 winners in singles, doubles and trebles also backed them and had $50 quaddie straight up on 5,5,6 and 5 was paid out 104k for the quaddie result by ladbrokes.
    Huge effort lotto stuff.
  • ManchildManchild    716 posts
    Bad luck Rodent, Good run the 2nd horse
  • sonnysonny    1,087 posts
    Great win,,Quad paid 9000.00odd but you can only get the pool which was 104k.. He is a member of Racing Rant . Check them out . They gave a great show re Sydney racing and all that is racing..
    goose said:

Good story there from Albany races yesterday a bloke won 680K total from last 4 races from what I can gather outlaid 290$ on last 4 winners in singles, doubles and trebles also backed them and had $50 quaddie straight up on 5,5,6 and 5 was paid out 104k for the quaddie result by ladbrokes.

Huge effort lotto stuff.
    Fantastic but why would you take it for $50? He gets the same return for $11. If he spread that bet over enough corps he could have won almost 400k extra.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• careycarey    6,369 posts

png
    png
    Untitled.png
    @thefalcon was it you who said multis were for mugs?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    rodent, you've got a memory like a steel trap.... X_X

i still have the same thoughts...if you throw enough darts you'll hit the bullseye one of these fine days...
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,786 posts
    Rodent said:

goose said:

Fantastic but why would you take it for $50? He gets the same return for $11. If he spread that bet over enough corps he could have won almost 400k extra.
    My initial reaction also Rodent. Some of these online Crookies er Bookies will not pay you back more than 5k. 
  • shothrushothru    244 posts
    tony said:

I notice this is run under normal weight conditions whereas the Jericho Cup itself is run as a highweight with a minimum of 65kg. 

I know bugger all about this race, but with a min of 65kgs is it amateaur jocks?
    No, mainly jumps jockeys
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,809 posts
    shothru said:

tony said:

I know bugger all about this race, but with a min of 65kgs is it amateaur jocks?
    Flat race  for jumps jockeys----Ex jockeys like W.As . Aaron Mitchell------ Tom Sadler ones that have got to heavy then  have become jump jockeys can compete
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,786 posts
    LGHR reports;

A West Australian punter – not sure whether to call him a genius or lucky – collected almost $700,000 from a multi bet at the weekend but it could have been more.

The punter, known as Super Multi Tips on Twitter, placed a series of successful bets (each-way, doubles, trebles, all-ups and quaddies) and during an amazing afternoon all of these saluted.

Ryan Reynolds reports for racing.com that Super Multi Tips was betting in Albany, Western Australia, and had his selections one-out in the quaddie with his $50 outlay delivering 5,000 per cent of the dividend which on Super TAB paid $9,771.60 for a $1 unit.

But because this bet was placed with a corporate bookie, the return was capped due to terms and conditions which rules that the payout cannot 'exceed the pool amount for that bet type on the nominated tote'.

That means Super Multi Tips could only collect a maximum of $104,107.57 of the Super TAB quaddie. Entain, who owns bookmaker Ladbrokes, didn't want to comment when contacted by Racing.com.

That said, had the punter placed his $50 investment directly into the Super TAB pool his win would have been significantly lower than the $104,108 he was eventually paid out.

FOR those who are wondering his bets were placed in the last four races at the ALBANY meeting in WA on Sunday: He backed Art Admirer ($7.70), Little Punga ($14.20), Baranova ($8.10) & Athlone Castle ($8.20) and tied them up in each-way, doubles, trebles, all-ups and the quaddie.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    yep, big article in the west this morning..^^ and its on racenet as well. it is truly a big story of how lady luck sometimes gives someone a huge smile.
    edited April 2022
    Numerous new people will do their arses following him now lol(his Monday Flemington 4 legger all 4 missed even running a drum).

To his credit acknowledged it was pure fluke but good luck to him pretty sure I'd revise my gambling from this point onwards sounds like he might too or at least invest the fat wad of cash in property.

Love to know if Ladbrokes are spitting chips right now..i say sucked in to them.
    Was a pity as Rodent mentioned he wasn't more switched on and divided the quaddie spend around to a few others to screw them over too.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts