We'll have to wait for the Railway weights methinks :!! :-w

Page 3 and 4 of the first link.
    That's still just noms. We will have to wait(pun intended) for the weights
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Gotcha now, should have written noms.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Gotcha now, should have written noms.

Don't they release the weight only a week or so out from the race? It's a little strange to be honest.
  • tonytony    2,378 posts
    Weights for Railway Monday 7th November

therealkramer likes this post.

edited October 2016
    So less than two weeks before the race. Does that mean we'll get another repeat of the tactics that saw Elite Belle's 'quiet' lead up effort in the Lee Steere before she went on to win the Railway?
    edited October 2016
    As far as the invaders for the Winterbottom, I doubt Chautaqua will come and we will see if Lankan Rupee can recapture its best form but Voodoo Lad...now he is a serious racehorse. Ran 2nd to Bon Aurum in the Rupert Clarke and, though its racing pattern to get back(although looking through his form the horse can race on speed) is usually a disadvantage at Ascot, if the track plays fair on race day, look out.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuZgjw1UAAA_ac6.jpg:large
    edited October 2016
    At least somenone at PR has a sense of humour. regarding Chautauqua.

They tweeted 

Nomination #6  We're allowed to dream right?

LuckyLongshots, therealkramer, jum likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,745 posts
    Is there a 1000 guineas or equivalent fillies race at the same time or will the girls also target this race?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    just wait until our own Mr. Peters releases his arsenal.....they will be formidable.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,686 posts
    Several Railway Stakes hopefuls were engaged at Belmont Trials today
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    A record 281 nominations have been received for three $1 million Group Is to be held during Perth's summer carnival at Ascot in November and December.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Winterbottom Stakes (1200m) has attracted a stellar line-up of sprinters led by the world's highest rated short courser Chautauqua, followed by Buffering, Lankan Rupee, Terravista, Lucky Hussler, Flamberge, and The Quarterback.

Buffering could become the first three-time winner of the Winterbottom Stakes after winning the 2013 and 2015 editions of the race.

The Railway Stakes (1600m) and Kingston Town Classic (1800m) have received nominations from respective title holders Good Project and Perfect Reflection, as well as Western Australia's Horse Of The Year Black Heart Bart and New Zealand's five-time Group I winner Kawi.

In total, 28 Group I winners have been nominated across the three races.

The record number of entries follows Perth Racing's announcement earlier this year that the Winterbottom Stakes, Railway Stakes and Kingston Town Classic would each be boosted to $1 million in prizemoney and be conducted over three consecutive weekends at Ascot.

"The record-breaking nominations for the three Group I races are extraordinary and testament to the positive reception Perth Racing's new initiative has received from the local, national and international racing community," Neil Pinner, chairman of Perth Racing, said.

"The James Boag's Premium-Railway Stakes nominations have risen from 61 to 104, the Crown Perth-Winterbottom Stakes nominations have climbed from 49 to 57 and the Peters Investments-Kingston Town Classic nominations have shot up from 80 to 120."

https://m.racenet.com.au/news/127462/Record-nominations-for-Perth’s-summer-features

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    When you need three words to describe an increase - risen, climbed, shot up  :D

Lankan Rupee a chance to come according to Mick Price.
    I'd like to see the Rockhampton Rocket come over.
  • lamelame    1,757 posts
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    i think they're the noms from 10th october, and i am guessing half of them are already out.
  • lamelame    1,757 posts
    would say so , the update won't come out till the 23rd with final acceptances

RIO likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    The quinella is 33 and 40 on that list
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    try 30 and 52....
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    Volkoff hasn't got enough points to get in at this stage in same boat as State Solicitor
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,271 posts
    Yep, a horse like Volkoff is a very good sprinter, but not a GP1 sprinter IMO. But how many locals are i suppose? Back to easier class and 1200m just get on! In fact I reckon that the Prince of Wales will be an extremely good form race, which is probably stating the obvious.

While I think State Solicitor would be very competitive in the Winterbottom, if they were fair dinkum in getting its rating high enough then why didnt they run in the Prince of Wales? They have probably got one shot at getting a win in a high enough rated race to get into the Winterbottom, which leads me to believe they might be a year away?

Good old Rock Magic got the job done again off a break, as the trainer said he just goes under the radar and Im kicking myself as I recognised this but still went with Battle Hero. Probably goes into the Winterbottom now off nearly a month and what an exciting time for the owners.

I wonder if the Chautauqua camp will come across now, given his under par performance last two outings. They would be given the rock star treatment thats for sure.....

In saying all that, I reckon a horse like The Quarterback would be ideal over here. Not sure if they are coming though.....
  • spinkingspinking    3,758 posts
    Bomber I thought I heard that Chataqua is in the paddock again after his last 2 disappointing runs
    You are most probably right, Im wasnt sure what is happening with Chautauqua. If it is in the paddock its dissapointing to see it available to still bet on haha
    Chautuaqua noy in any of the TAB markets.
    Yep sorry thought it still was
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    I see Bart is still favourite 8 to 1 for the Fruit and Veg what chance is he of lining up?
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Can someone with more knowledge about NZ racing, tell me what how these NZ Grp1 races that Kawi has run in and won actually measure up to our Group 1 races

Given the total prizemoney is under 200k, it doesn't seem that great.