G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

Railway, Winterbottom and Kingston Town

West Australian Racing
Nominations are out today on CRIS. Railway and Kingston Town at a glance look as per usual, but the Winterbottom this year could finally be a decent Gr 1. If Vega Magic is to start it would bring some genuine star appeal following his gallant second in the Everest.

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/racefield.aspx?meeting=17184&race=1

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/meeting.aspx?meeting=17178

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/racefield.aspx?meeting=17190&race=3

Comments

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    684 posts
    Going to be enteresting the cut off point as far ss rating points go for Railway,as i heard Jeff Noske mentioning Salorski,he had have to go the Northerly Asian Beau way to have anyway of gaining a start.but he is a very smart horse.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,684 posts
    The order of entry following weights in the Railway will be of more interest. Many of the Eastern States nominations are just to give someone in the office practice at filling out forms. It's just standard practice for some of those stables to throw everything into the mix as they just bill the Owners anyway. Perth Racing get to talk up the depth but it's just fantasy.

One of these races, either the Railway or the Winterbottom, needs to have a minimum 100 rating attached to it. The nominations would be much better for it. Some of these noms couldn't and haven't won a 90+ rated 1200M race. They will just get in the way of genuine sprinters if they ever found themselves in the field.

I think the Winterbottom will be won by a WA horse but it will be an ex WA horse under the care of an Eastern States Trainer in all likelyhood.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    If Vega Magic comes back home you'd think he just wins.

Out of the local I think Variation going to the Railway would be a massive chance. Correct me if I'm wrong but would probably only carry 53kg? Brad Parnham can ride that weight, so he'd be back aboard you'd think...
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2017
    I doubt Vega Magic will run in the Winterbottom. I know he's a 'local' but it would be his 6th run this prep after he runs in the Manikato and Age Classic. I think he'd be put away for a crack at the Newmarket & T J Smith next Autumn. The stable has plenty other noms for the race anyway.

spinking, RIO, thefalcon, LuckyLongshots likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,750 posts
    Reckon your bang on the money there Kramer
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

I doubt Vega Magic will run in the Winterbottom. I know he's a 'local' but it would be his 6th run this prep after he runs in the Manikato and Age Classic. I think he'd be put away for a crack at the Newmarket & T J Smith next Autumn. The stable has plenty other noms for the race anyway.

just going back through past winners of the race and notice that some real champion horses won it over the past 15 years or so.... Marasco, Takeover Target, Buffering, Ortensia and co.... then you have old Glory Hunter who started its career in Gero and couldn't even win a maiden up there 
    Lindsay Smith = master trainer ^:)^
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,267 posts
    What about old Hadabeclorka, ran in a Perth cup and then wins the winter bottom the following carnival with pike on board at $53. Fair jockey and field line up that year
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
    One of my all time favourites, Hardrada who won it as a 3yo then won again the following year at $20+.
    He ran 2nd in the Railway at 3 after the Winterbottom win then won the Winterbottom/Railway double in 2003.
    Had a cracking 12/13 months then completely lost form thereafter.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• BucksBucks    158 posts
    Just out of interest did Perth Racing invite any members to attend the launch of the Masters? Judging by the photos on Facebook it looks as though it was reserved for Perth Racing staff and socialites only.

hash, Chelsea likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Bucks said:

Just out of interest did Perth Racing invite any members to attend the launch of the Masters? Judging by the photos on Facebook it looks as though it was reserved for Perth Racing staff and socialites only.

looked very much like boys club to me

Bucks likes this post.

• psychopsycho    660 posts
    paraletic said:

Bucks said:

looked very much like boys club to me
    I am a member and my invitation did not arrive, must be lost in the mail I feel  ;)

Bucks, GLAMOUR likes this post.

These launch parties used to be on friday nights by the pool cabanas at Crown with guest lists in the range of 250-350 people being mainly A listers, politicans, know perth celebs and industry participants etc. They were excellent events to be truthful.
    Which category did you slide in under....
    I'd pick you as the polly type @paraletic
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    ^^^ probably poolboy or a waiter..... :D

hash, paraletic likes this post.

Pool cleaner more like it

paraletic likes this post.

hahahaha none of the above fellas,  i knew some sponsors and was dragged along 

Tivers likes this post.

• snake1snake1    40 posts
    The Waterhouse Stables look like their sending Grafton Cup winner Supply And Demand over
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
    snake1 said:

The Waterhouse Stables look like their sending Grafton Cup winner Supply And Demand over

Won a string of races last prep he is a pretty smart galloper, resumes over 1400 tomorrow at Randwick.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,267 posts
    Interested to see Truly Belong go around tomorrow. A spec at 100s for the KT might be worth something
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Interested to see Truly Belong go around tomorrow. A spec at 100s for the KT might be worth something

Good horse but wouldn’t blow smoke up the other cerise and white it’s a very good animal Perfect Jewell
  • snake1snake1    40 posts
    Ulmann from D. Weir’s yard looks good as well wonder who else is a definite to come across
    snake1 said:

Ulmann from D. Weir’s yard looks good as well wonder who else is a definite to come across

peter Moody own it? Good horse.

Jell dislikes this post.

• razorrazor    205 posts
    perfect jewel doesn't lose tomorrow
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    Ulmann will probably come, lin ryan is a part-owner and lives here...
    paraletic said:

snake1 said:

peter Moody own it? Good horse.
    Owned locally by Lyn Ryan isnt it ??
    razor said:

100% 
    Think i just seen the winner of the railway..... gais horse from syd
    I’m tipping Floyd won’t be winning any Winterbottom all the blah blah over the weight it copped a few starts back it’s just an animal

H-BOMBER likes this post.

paraletic said:

Think i just seen the winner of the railway..... gais horse from syd

Was a very good run
    razor said:

She’s a star

I’m tipping Ocean Jewell as the trainer said which would go straight over the top of them want be heading to the Kingston Town lol lol lol why does he make such outlandish statements???

Winsumlosesum, Chelsea likes this post.