G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members
JellJell    1,201 posts
edited January 2018 West Australian Racing
Been a bit of talk around lately about the forum being quiet and a lot of interest has dropped off.

I've only been around here for about 18 month but in that time I've obviously seen that a lot of you guys on here are passionate about your racing and do still enjoy it despite some of the problems surrounding it at the moment.

I'm guessing it's been done before but having never been involved I think perhaps a PTT get together is in order?

I was thinking maybe Karrakatta or WATC day? I gave up my membership this year but one of those tables on the lawn would suit nicely. I'm happy to head down early to secure one if we get enough interest. Doesn't need to be a main race day, if everyone would rather a standard race day then why not. Open to suggestions from everyone?

A drink, punt and some good conversation about the races and general chit chat could spark some life back into PTT :-bd
+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Sounds like a plan Jell
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    The good old puntathon days at Ascot in that nice members area downstairs we had to ourselves to the day many moons ago.. another one of them would be a blast
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    count me in.... :!! :-bd

jum likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    I'm in

jum likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    I tried to attach a poll and it didn’t work so what’s everyone’s thinking as too a day?

Karrakatta?
    WATC?
    Or just a regular Saturday meeting?
  • sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    I'm for a regular meeting.

thefalcon, jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

Post of the year Jell

Count me in, Have been thinking of doing this myself, To me a regular Saturday would be best. Then the high rollers of the site, In Hash, Tivers and Rio will be able to join us.

Karrakatta and Derby days, these Lads will more than likely have runners in these events and will not be able to join us. 

:-j
    regular meeting pls boys..

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts
    Id do my utmost to attend this!

jum, RIO, rustyh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Same, I'd be keen ...promise not to bore the pants off everyone by reminiscing non stop...well, I'll try....and any room on the grass to roll out my sun lounge for the regular Nanna Nap? Seriously, it's time for another all too rare visit to the gallops surrounded by knowledgeable tipsters, trotting commitments permitting.

jum, thefalcon, rustyh, Jell likes this post.

jum said:

Post of the year Jell

Count me in, Have been thinking of doing this myself, To me a regular Saturday would be best. Then the high rollers of the site, In Hash, Tivers and Rio will be able to join us.

Karrakatta and Derby days, these Lads will more than likely have runners in these events and will not be able to join us. 

:-j

High rollers? Leave me out of that category... I’m still clipping coupons and 2 for 1 vouchers out of the women’s weekly.

Ones a mad punter, one enjoys a drink and the other lives out bush but I’m sure any excuse to travel into the big smoke will see him attend... get all 3 at the same venue on the drink and you’ll have memories and stories to share for years to come

jum, Jell likes this post.

i'll hold you to the visit, jay jay...

JayJay likes this post.

Righto, it seems the standard Saturday meeting is the go :-bd

We don't need a top tier race to attend [-X being the racing purist we are, we love each race equally as much ;))

These are the next regular Saturday (except Good Friday) race meets:
    February 17
    February 24 (Chinese New Year Raceday)
    March 3 (Challenge Stakes)
    March 10 (Lex Piper Stakes and Cyril Flower)
    March 17 (St Patrick's Day)
    March 24 (JC Roberts Stakes)
    March 30 (Good Friday)
    March 31
    (Natasha Stakes & Grandstand Cup)

I can personally make any of those dates but everyone's circumstances are obviously different. Thoughts everyone?
    i'll be at the meadows on the 17th feb, jell....the chinese day may be fine..plenty of yummo tucker...
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    <:-P :-bd
    I'd have a crack at comin to this shindig.  :)

Boys at PUNTA probably give us all some free bets? 
    O:-) >:D< ;) :D

:-h :x :> \:D/ :-c :)>-
    Gday Diva and Chris.
    :)>- B-)

RIO likes this post.

Might be a bit soon but for those in the south area of Perth, ladies day at pinjarra on the 10th
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hash said:

Might be a bit soon but for those in the south area of Perth, ladies day at pinjarra on the 10th

Most of these old buggers would struggle to see anything more than a hazy shadow in the distance, so the potential talent would be wasted on them...The rest of us will be too busy talking - or listening - to look anyway. ;-)

rustyh, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

I’ll take the silence (except falc) as everyone is an open book and free anytime :-bd

Let’s make it Chinese New Year race day (24 Feb). Gives everyone enough time to get their affairs in order eg. Selling household items for a bankroll :-bd

JayJay, RIO, jum, spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Is it an all Lads affair or are we bringing the brides.
    jum said:

Is it an all Lads affair or are we bringing the brides.

I’ll leave that one up to you boys to discuss.

I don’t take the missus to the track anymore. I get in trouble for ignoring her since I’m too busy doing form and punting ;))

spinking, jum, rustyh, hash likes this post.

Last time I took the lady to the races , I owned  a % of the favourite in one of the early races we were standing in that owners bar in the stand at ascot, back when they gave you a free beer with your mounting yard pass to use up there. As the horses came down into the mounting yard she said to me that one looks lovely I am going to have my $5 on it . I am a superstitious person and upon hearing that I don't think we have been to the races together since. At least not when I have had one running

RIO likes this post.

Forgot to mention the lovely looking horse she had her five dollars on wasn't mine
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    If I don't take mine it will cost me Shitte loads when I see the statement of what she has spent all day in the City with the Daughter. :-&

spinking, RIO, oldhendo, Jell likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    My ex-missus after a while would say 'don't tell me...you broke even', as she walked away muttering 'have never ever known a person who goes to the races that breaks even as many times as you do.'

It was a stock answer from me - 'yeah good, broke even'. Love her =((

jum, RIO likes this post.

edited February 2018
    I’m the same Riders. I have four answers:

“Broke even” (Actually lost a fortune)
    “Broke even” (Actually broke even or lost only a little)
    “Broke even” (Had a small win)
    “Had a little win” (Won enough to buy a small island)

;))

jum, Ridersonthestorm33, RIO, paraletic, hash likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Jell said:

;))

=))  =))  =))

Exactly the same in my household, i'll chuck her a couple of hundred, buy Chinese for tea. Then sneak out and hide the rest in the shed account

:-j  :-j

Ridersonthestorm33, Jell, paraletic likes this post.

Another evasive answer when asked this question...'that's good...what did it pay ?'...reply 'not as much as I thought it would'.
    In much younger days a favourite quote of mine after a day at the races - 'look about tonight...'

As my old man use to say to me with a twinkle in the eye - 'no mon no fun'.

jum likes this post.

But if you had a win...and what a win...it was then like that wonderful song by a group called Sailor : Girls, Girls, Girls...haha I wish!

hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts
    edited February 2018
    jum said:

Jell said:

;))

=))  =))  =))

Exactly the same in my household, i'll chuck her a couple of hundred, buy Chinese for tea. Then sneak out and hide the rest in the shed account

:-j  :-j

Shed account you say :-?

I'm getting a new workshop built, might have to put a secret door on there somewhere :D

RIO, jum likes this post.