G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 39 Non Members

Group One 2018 Caulfield Cup - Final Field/Barrier Draw.

East Coast Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited October 2018 East Coast Racing
1. Best Solution 17.
2. The Cliffsofmoher 3.
3. Chestnut Coat 13.
4. Jon Snow 15.
5. Sound Ckeck 16.
6. Ace High 8.
7. The Taj Mahal 19.
8. Durreto 1.
9. Red Verdon 9.
10. Vengeur Masque 7.
11. Ventura Storm 11.
12. Mighty Boss 14.
13. Homesman 4.
14. Kings Will Dream 6.
15. Sole Impact 20.
16. Gallic Chieftain 2.
17. Nights Watch 18.
18. Youngstar 10.
Emergencies.
19. Patrick Erin 12.
20. Jaameh 5.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2018
    Just the three Australian horses in the field of 18 - Ace High, Mighty Boss, Youngstar.
    Two Kiwis - Jon Snow & Nights Watch.
    Thirteen internationals.

Of the five Anzacs give Ace High & Youngstar winning chances.
    Nights Watch a reasonable rough place hope.
    Jon Snow happy to leave out, but not hopeless.
    Mighty Boss - zero chance.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    2 scratchings please [-O<  [-O<
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    I am right in seeing that there are 17 qualifying races overseas for the Caulfield cup and only 7 in Australia.

Wouldnt appear to be ideal in proping upo the local industry? In saying that it is greta that these races are truly international targets now

therealkramer likes this post.

edited October 2018
    Well drawn too Jaameh with Corey Parish booked to ride.
    edited October 2018
    Its only a hunch...last week the overseas horses dominated...they were very underrated in the betting market..this week there the "talk of the town"...look for Youngstar or Ace High to topple the invaders!

Nights Watch had his first four starts in the land of the long white cloud - so happy to call him a Kiwi.
    edited October 2018
    Damian Oliver has won the Caulfield Cup four times...all in the 1990's.
    He described Ace High's track work the other day as "casual and lazy".
    Ace High was clearly outshone in the gallop by the Mick Price trained 100/1 hope Mighty Boss.
    Goodness gracious..now they tell me #-o

The good news is...no prizmoney paid in track work.
  • tonytony    2,373 posts
    Trainer said he always works that way without blinkers but all was good for Saturday
    edited October 2018
    ^^ That'll do us....ok time to stand & deliver.

1. Ace High.
    2. Youngstar.
    Then something on three international invaders at a price...Chestnut Coat, Durreto, Red Verdon.
    Only about seven of them don't think can win, it's extremely open so good luck everyone.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2018
    @Ridersonthestorm33 Ace High's trainer still hasn't started derby aspirant, Costello, since its maiden win at Hawkesbury late last month. Keep an eye on this one.

***edit ok it's spelling. I think i recall David Payne saying post race that the Autumn may be a better option.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Kings Will Dream, Ace High quinella.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Kings Will Dream the win, Gallic Chieftain to sneak a place at bolters odds.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    edited October 2018
    Watch out for "Cliffy", although ive specked him @ the $17 to get the 2 miles of the MC(so a slashing run and placing would do me)the stable is very bullish he will run huge tomorrow..
    Ace High got smashed up in trackwork by that guineas fluker Mighty Boss but Payne is saying chillax he works crapola races like a star..fair amount of evidence he does race super well, very good chance if all is well(and ollie is due another CC)and agree with you guys we can't deny KWD surely he runs well...has been getting knocked for just slightly fading to Winx and Youngstar, he will beat that mare tomoz! 2400 very suitable with just 53 kgs.
    edited October 2018
    In early betting fluctuations these have been well supported on Tabtouch.

The top weight Best Solution now into $12.
    Ventura Storm right into a very skinny $20.
    The Taj Mahal at around $17 has been rock solid and kept safe despite barrier 19. Does have team Williams and J.McDonald to navigate but a win would surprise me.
    The big drifter has been Nights Watch right out to $19. Hasn't stopped blowing out the gate.

A lot of these always finish up a better price on the day when market % comes down. The tote on many horses also will be better in comparison to fixed.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    edited October 2018
    Every man and his dog seem to be jumping off... er...On the Cliff...s of Moher.

Youngstar and Night's Watch look great chances. A few of these UK horses are evenly matched and though plenty are arriving in Germany these days I am tipping a German emigrant (if only temporarily) Sound Check to win from the entrant from the land of the rising sun Chestnut Coat and best of the British may be Duretto. One at crazy odds that I have had an eye on is Vengeur Masque and it is one at long odds for the novelties.
    Duretto on most corps has come in overnight from 25/1 to 16/1. Been a decent firmer.
    edited October 2018
    Caulfield getting some decent rain..possibly a soft 5.
    Ace High record on the soft/heavy is poor :-<
    5 starts on the slow/heavy for zilch.
    Records are there to be broken.

Quite a few in the race go quite well in the slow range and horses like Youngstar, Nights Watch, Kings Will Dream and Jon Snow really lap it up.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited October 2018
    For any, A Song Of Fire And Ice/Game Of Thrones fans, such as myself. Taking the omen quinella of Jon Snow and Night’s Watch is a must :D

I’ll be backing Night’s Watch EW with the way the track is. Made a hefty amount on Boom Time last year so let’s hope my dart lands again :))

GL all :-c
    In Sydney She Will Reign's half bro just smashed them up in the 1st :D
    edited October 2018
    An amazing drifter Nights Watch despite the conditions appearing to suit continues to blow out to $20.
    Ace High out to $13.
    Red Verdon been specked all the way and into $17.
    Chestnut Coat no wet track form and out to $26.
    Jon Snow in from $51 to $31.

Half a million dollars already in the tote win pool and mirrors well to fixed odds.
    Homesman much better on tote and the rest fairly similar to fixed.
  • oldhendooldhendo    765 posts
    Red Verdon will be nice.
    @riders re Night Watch i'm pretty sure Weir himself said he isnt confident..horse is some doubt at the mile and a half.

• keymeupkeymeup    185 posts
    Best Solution for me
    edited October 2018
    Came out of barrier 15 and that was an amazing ride by Pat Cosgrave. Was top weight for a reason that's for sure.

keymeup likes this post.

edited October 2018
    International horses.
    First.
    Second.
    Third.
    Fourth.
    Fifth.

Good effort Cliffy @Thunderstruck thought was a possible winner at one stage to claim the other two. Team Williams 2nd. 3rd. and 5th. Are involved in ownership of Cliffsofmoher.
    Big run Taj Of Mahal too, McDonald took off before acceptances, died on the run but had to, still held 5th.
    edited October 2018
    Duretto was a good fourth and the one that should have finished closer was Kings Will Dream, seemed to stumble after the start, otherwise would have settled much closer - similar spot to the quinella horses.
    After the bungle from jumping was a bit too far out of his ground but finished off well.

Youngstar was first Anzac horse home in seventh place.
    Australia/NZ representatives - and where they finished.

Youngstar - 7th.
    Ace High - 15th.
    Nights Watch - 16th.
    Mighty Boss - 17th.
    Jon Snow - 18th.

No explanation needed.
    Sirrconi..an even fatter win at $7.50 :x

Not unhappy with Cliffs @riders unsure how he will fair at 3200 though..did peak on his run a bit..

edited October 2018
    Jon Snow probably had no chance anyway - but the old break through the barriers and vet check before the start.
    Might as well throw your tickets to the wind when that happens. Finished last - funny that.
    With a win to the Sheik and Williams second and third...it was great to see the battlers do so well..they need the money.
    #Sport of Kings or #Winners are grinners.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited October 2018
    Kings Will Dream now $51 on Bet365 for the Melbourne Cup.
    He's $34 on Sportsbet.
    He's $17 on Tabtouch.

@Jell and thunderstruck if you want a good chuckle compare Tabtouch odds to those other two bookies on the Cup. Horse for horse. Perhaps one or two are reasonable but not many!

Ace High $31 Tabtouch and $51 available.
    Patrick Erin $41 and lots of $101 around.
    Who Shot The Barman $51 and you can get $151.
    The fancied runners most of them are a point to ten points under too.

Jell likes this post.