G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

Rosie Red Dress - Not even with stolen money

West Australian Racing
Anybody give this runner a thought? Id love to hear if anyone backed it or found a reason for it. I couldnt. 

First up, no trial, since May, where there was a stable change (Kenny --> Rodgers)  :))

Today is 1400m first up. Previous record sees it 1 win at Northam from 4 attempts at the distance. Not inspiring.First up, 3 starts for 2 thirds, a long time ago. Not too inspiring.

Comes out and wins like Winx. It was eased down. It killed them.

Previous campaign Im familiar with. I backed it the two starts after it "won" at Ascot 27th March. It was a good win. Soi I lobbed into it next few starts based on that.

Low and behold, It ran like an absolute busted twice in a row before I sacked it.

Subsequently I read was Disqualified from March 27th win as was found with a prohibited substance. The first instance of this was a report on August 28th, 5 months after the race. Then a month ago, it was released that the horse would be disqualified because of the positive reading and the trainer fined. Have a read https://www.rwwa.com.au/steward-inquiries/thoroughbred-stewards-inquiry-trainer-ms-paige-kenney-rosie-red-dress-2/

So the horse came out and won when it had banned anti inflammatories detected in its system, by some magical way of obtaining it through medication by the jockey at the time. Yes, you read that correctly. Here is the statement

The low level detected which the stewards were satisfied on the available evidence was likely to have been the result of unintended transfer or contamination of Ketoprofen from personal medication being used by Mr Ikenushi

I would love to read more detailed explanation of how this happens. I am fascinated. Anyway, Im guessing it wasnt tested in its next 4 starts as it ran like a crab, so we'll never know if the substance was still in the sytem or not. Im guessing again that it wasnt. 

What ever issue it had must have gone away after a nice spell and no trial. Because it won today there will be testing. 

Theres probably a point/s to this post. Maybe im just dirty i left it out of the quaddie. Maybe im dirty i backed it next 2 starts off the "win" back in March. Are the fines imposed good enough? Are the penalties for breaking the rules are deterrant. All interesting discussion points for a forum.

Ill watch with interest in the coming starts.
+1 -1

Thewogboys likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2019
    Call it the old X Factor - the number of roughies that win/place with the X next to their name is pretty good.

See that 66/1 winner in an early race at Geelong today, it had more 0s and Xs next to it's name than a game of noughts and crosses!

Wasn't that dead heat winner with Little Fish also first up ?

Never puts me off them one iota, ( not that you can back them all ) but have met quite a few punters along the journey who refuse to back them first up, no matter what. That surprises, am inclined if anything to go the other way.
  • ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Winnifer must be the best maiden in the state
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    We need another thread now low and behold that’s two roughies within two races.... and the winner in the last won a trial before winning today!! Imagine the price it would have been without a trial win next to its name
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Mate I love a roughie and there's always a reason when you find one. You could have found the 1st and second ones in the last.

My point above was about exposed form and how nothing to me was evident. Doesn't mean it isn't flying at home in secret!
    edited October 2019
    The other thing is bomber, nothing surprises anymore!

I'm still trying to work out how a horse that's placed in two Herbert Power's, a Hotham Handicap winner, and a fantastic third from a wide barrier in a Melbourne Cup can be rated only fourth emergency for a Caulfield Cup with some interesting suspects above him.

Then today can't work out why he wasn't odds on in the Geelong Cup - but even more harder to fathom - why didn't I back him!!

Even when it appears obvious it's difficult.
    edited October 2019
    With the title, there was another old saying use to hear..."wouldn't back it with stones"..don't seem to hear that much now.

And back to Prince Of Arran - loves Victoria, won't want to leave, if ever there's been one horse in the history of racing that has settled into the Australian environment, it's him.

Five starts in two visits - Herbert Power placing - twice. Melbourne Cup - third. Hotham Handicap - win. Geelong Cup - win.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited October 2019
    Funny you should start this thread @H-BOMBER

I actually planned to back it today after doing the form on Monday and saw it was first-up had been DQ from substance in the system last time it raced at Ascot. I just had this feeling it might run well for certain, shall we say, "other reasons" ;))

But of course I talk myself out of it today by thinking "Don't be stupid and back something over a hunch".

Well wasn't I **** with myself when it got up...

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,208 posts
    Chris said:

Winnifer must be the best maiden in the state

prob shouldn't be a maiden. Watch the last 20 or so metres, wasn't ridden right out
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    had a beer with a well know PTTite on Monday and almost begged me to back rosie….he asked if u ever pop in for a frothie, bomber....

hash likes this post.

Gee whiz Id love to know the reasoning.

Self improvement and all.

It's been a while between beers at the Charles. I should be more regular
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    I dated a lass named Rosie in the 70’s and she’d rock this lovely red dress every time we went to the disco on Friday nights so as soon as I seen the horse paying $26 I had to have something on, love an omen bet

Ridersonthestorm33, bigorangecat likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    The stable from what I’ve seen are racing horses that nobody else wants and “cheapies” at that, good on them for having a decent run with them..... not everyone is a cheat lads
    edited October 2019
    Here's most of the winners at around $10 and above last few Ascot meetings, with form next to.

$31.50 Copper Fury X4
    $12 Cambist 5X
    $17 Amelias On Fire X4
    $10 Platoon 8X
    $26 Rosie Red Dress 9X
    $71 Awesome As X0
    $41 Minus Looks X1

All with one common denominator - The X Factor!

Didn't realise Minus Looks won first up after the X at $16 when raced wide throughout then proceeded to deadheat following run at $41.

Don't see many win first up racing wide ( stewards report ) throughout at $16 then go around at $41 next start and win ( deadheat ) again.
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    https://www.facebook.com/321901069120/posts/10156994182684121?sfns=mo
    Stable was very confident today by the sounds of this
    Yep, I've just seen this on Twitter. Obviously they've got the horse right and it has ability. Like I said above, if it's training the house for connections behind closed doors, good on them. On EXPOSED form though it had no hope. I don't know the stable or people in it so I had no idea. Seems a few did who are in the know and they got a good collect.

That's the great game. I will make it crystal clear that my post doesn't infer cheating at all. It is a discussion on exposed form and penalties for breaking the rules.

Toepuntit likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    love it when the battlers win. Good on the rogers family. They seem to be having a good run.

Toepuntit likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    an "omen" bet, hash after some sheila called rosie and discos in the 70's.
    the 70's...
    [-X  you would not have been a twinkle your old mans eye..he'd be still wank*ng behind the woodshed... :))

H-BOMBER, hash likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,041 posts
    I had something on Rosie and put her in my smallest quaddy. 2 preps ago it ran 3rd 1st up to Rock Giselle and Tellem We're Comin over 1400m. Not bad form for a C1 at Ascot.
     Also, it has a good record at Ascot. Just the 3 starts before winning yesterday for a 3rd to Queen Bey (who is a 72+ winner over Mississippi Delta) and a "win".
     She is a full sister to stakeswinner Woodsville and lightly raced having had only 14 starts as a 6yo mare.
     Throw in the stable change and she was a possible. Not a probable but definitely a possible. She has always shown glimpses of ability.
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Backed Rosie Red Dress as I was tipped it

Dodgey94 likes this post.

• Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    Horse had been flying track work if anyone would have herd my interview,she will mature into a top stayer and will be up there with the best,huge price 26-1,after her gallop I declared her to a few people.
  • Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    Dodgey94 said:

Horse had been flying track work if anyone would have herd my interview,she will mature into a top stayer and will be up there with the best,huge price 26-1,after her gallop I declared her to a few people.

Well done dodgey but in all seriousness with the way you declare them we’d be homeless 10x over if we listened to every single one of them!

jum, Thewogboys likes this post.

It’s not very often I declare them like I did this horse,I was very very confident,Sunday at York ice maker is first up have something on him as he will be a chance.
    Won’t surprise me if she comes out and blows them away again Tuesday horse has improved a heaps since her last win.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Load up lads :-c
    What price tomorrow gents ahha
  • Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    No one will back her dodgey, we’re all broke after Ice Maker got beat yesterday!

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    299 posts
    Still keen dodgey?

Ice maker is at the vets mate didn’t you watch the run.
    Very keen on Rosie red dress she’s the best horse in the stables by lengths