G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members
Won't be betting for 5 days straight but will be watching tonite and will have a punt or two..bet365 being internationally based have some decent e.w bet options for UK racing.If you like one at big odds you can take reduced odds with their each wayextra option and set up for it to pay place divs up to say 4th or 5th.

It's a good track for day 1 I believe, Circus Maximus and the rather short Bataash stand out tonite.
I like one in the first race too the (8) Mutamaasik who has super form at 1400 and Dettori's mount (5) Daarik should be thereabouts too.
Watched him ride 4 or 5 in a meeting at this track last year so he will figure prominently throughout the week you would think, even though the wanker can't ride when he comes to Oz :D
+1 -1

jum, hash likes this post.

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Good luck trying to see your horse in the run :))
    A field of 48 and the cameraman’s lenses covered in raindrops.. what a shambles
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    Looks alright to me mate :D clearly saw mine just win by a nose.
    Surely some here backed the fav Frankly Darling then? That was SO easy and it paid 2.20...
    Backed it then gave it all back on Mogul.. never in the hunt it was
    Is Battaash a good thing?? I’m hearing some people talking this up as the best 1000m in the world
    That's an overstatement but the thing that beat it the last 2 years Blue Point prob is/was up there.

Looks primed asf today!
    Hopefully u had faith hash, he was short enough but smoked them..

I like Moon King in the last, reckon this bloke at least runs top 3.

hash likes this post.

How tf do you line up that field over 4000m
    I followed the money and backed summer moon 14 into 5 and it nearly hung on!
    Good question! It had a Shocker mine was travelling but didn't stay..but overall an ok night.

edited June 2020
    Don't think I'll watch much of the meeting tonite the card is less feature laden but I do like two bets:

Ouzo in R1
    Japan in R4 the main race.Addeybb goes round in that race too it should be a beauty.
    Both are Ryan Moore steered and O'brien trains the budding superstar Japan.
    edited June 2020
    Managed the Tri from my picks in the first leg, didn’t put it on of course

Will most likely put the lock on myself by posting...
    jpeg
    jpeg
    73C69CFD-AC4A-4197-96B2-0E451CA53B72.jpeg

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    A good start Hash. The winner of the 2nd is fairly well bread by Galileo out of Atlantic Jewel. She was a fair racehorse.
    Weak effort by Japan ..i see Moore did nought in race 1 then rides the winner in r2 typical..i'm out Northam tomorrow appeals more.
    Lord North my best result <:-P $5500 divi

Japan was slaughtered early TS he really gave it no hope did he, was slow to begin then digs the horse out to position it 3 wide outside the leader!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    ^^ who won it?
    F me you jagged the quaddie? lol mind you 630 combos it had to be a pretty big chance ..still something for the PTT "team" and it sure beats losing like my two did.

Yes that ride was rubbish and then near the off they were saying he may not be wound up wtf id bet 4 hours prior :-q 8-}
    No bet but Afaak will win r5...
    thefalcon said:

^^ who won it?

Lord North number 6 paying $6 (backed in from 12’s) had an electric turn of foot at the end of the race mind you

F me you jagged the quaddie? lol mind you 630 combos it had to be a pretty big chance ..still something for the PTT "team" and it sure beats losing like my two did.

Yes that ride was rubbish and then near the off they were saying he may not be wound up wtf id bet 4 hours prior :-q 8-}

I was always going to get it, was just a matter of how much it paid.. thankfully in the two legs I only had 3 horses the roughest of the 3 (all in the market) won
    And the other 2 legs where I went wide there were two double figure winners
    That winner in race 1.. what a booming finish, allegedly that winning jock Oisin Murphy is the next star of the ranks in the UK.

Old lizzie had a winner good on her, wonder if she is a punter.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

allegedly that winning jock Oisin Murphy is the next star of the ranks in the UK.

He's the reigning British jockeys' premiership winner so It's fair to say he's already a big deal. Anyone who saw him ride in Melbourne as a claiming apprentice knew he would make it.
    Wow ok i should have wiki'd him.Dont follow UK racing other than an interest at Ascot time..i had better give him more consideration during this carnival then!

Don't recall him in Melbourne but in my defence it was 7 years ago.
    edited June 2020
    He was supposed to just come here for a few months for experience...I think he nearly outrode his claim...may have come here with 2kg...not sure. I definitely make a note of what he's riding. Hasn't reached the level of Moore or Dettori yet but he's elite. Make no mistake about that. Would compare him to someone like J Mac here.
    When I saw him zoom through the pack in the opening race on the toppie I had the old hindsight thing happening so will now keep a closer eye on him for sure.
    Have now read he was with Danny O'Brien and rode 13 winners I think.
    Yeah. The outside rail was the pace to be. I backed Maydanny(barrier 5) in that race and it just had no chance from the draw. I made the adjustment tho. Interesting to see whether the bias continues

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Has been that way both days so far very pronounced for sure.
    His mount Enemy in R6 looks well worth investing on assuming the outside is still favourable..will wear out at some point but maybe not yet i suppose we will see how they go in the earlier 1400 races..albeit there both smaller fields.
    edited June 2020
    The other one of his that looks likely to figure is in R4 and according to Brent Zerafa this is the one of his he has given a push for..Bright Devil.

Soft track today maybe the outside will become a bit choppy with more traffic.
    Off to a flyer tonight.. yet again the top weight salutes in the first leg of the early QD

jpeg
    jpeg
    EB56FA9C-20C8-4B4B-AA9B-F88C436C43E4.jpeg