G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
R1- OHSUMI fought the whole length of the straight last start when only grabbed late. Was first up no trial on that occasion and should only be better for the run sticking to the short course. There have been a couple of handy performances come of that race and thinking he can add to that list. Should be able to kick through from the inside draw and lead and can prove hard to run down.

R2- SEA WAR won with authority in his two starts at Albany last campaign before a midfield finish in a strong 3yo event. Trialled well on Monday for his return and looks a very progressive type that will definitely be winning these sort of races. Can use barrier two to sit in the first half of the field wherever McGruddy wants to be. If he’s ready to fire first up watch out for him.

R3- BILLY AIN’T SILLY worked hard last start to find the front and was still able to kick strongly at the business end. That was a strong win and the clock backed it up as the fastest run 1200 out of four on the day. The run prior was good out of a strong form race and if he can bring that form here goes close. Has options from barrier one all of which should yield nice runs in transit.

R4- WRINKLY is a real iron horse and should appreciate the conditions he’ll get here. From gate ten Parnham can take his time coming across to lead and then roll which allows him to show his best. Is a last start winner in this class who drops weight and picks up 2.5kg on JERAFT for beating him in that race. Like him back to 1400 and strikes a similar field to last start to give him another good chance.

R5- Best Bet: FUHRER came back from listed company and blew away a handy Wednesday 3yo field in good time. While he does go up in class, this isn’t a strong 72+ and he gets some handy weight relief which he should appreciate as a small horse. Can sit outside Majinika or trail it depending on how quick it wants to go either of which are gun runs and he can definitely make the step up.

R6- LEADING GIRL is a quality horse with the form to back it up and can make her presence felt first up. First up last campaign was closing the gap on Free Trade before a dominant win over talented stablemate True Attraction. Has had a long layoff with injury which is always a query, the time off may have done her a world of good. Likely gets a soft run three back the fence and will just need a few gaps to come her way.

R7- MONEY MATTERS is a quality horse who resumes after a quality trial and goes good fresh. Has two listed victory’s over Montelena and Cryptic Wonder which is very strong form for this if he brings his A game. Didn’t race over 1000m last prep but seems to appreciate the shorter trips so thinking the he will appreciate the short course early on. Draws a gate to sit prominent in a race where they will go fast which should only aid his chances.

R8- TIFF HAS SPOKEN ran well against the older horses as a 3yo so should be able to continue to progress as a 4yo. His last two runs have been strong trying to chase down Captain Kink on leaders tracks but does have the tactical speed to use barrier three here to sit handier than his market rivals. Should appreciate getting back up to 1400 and racing in this grade and will be right in this.

R9- AXEL ‘R’ EIGHT was a huge effort to run as well as he did first up at 2100 off a 473 day break. Raced right over the speed in a race where there were a few horses that like to roll and this race doesn’t have that same level of tempo. Barrier eleven will give him time to find the front and from there Pateman can rate him which he does well. Will be much better for the run and looks to have more upside than most of his rivals.

Comments

• GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    R6 - Get Over It, now with the Durrant stable. Was a nice trial, worth a little something e/w at $20s

R8 - Playing Marika, has to be the best e/w of the day imo.

Good Luck!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    edited August 2020
    Don's Legacy should get a good run from the inside draw, looks a terriffic e.w chance R2..last 50 might be a worry though if Chris Graham leads.

Concur with Train Billy boy will beat Morton's filly.

Had a good look at Wrinkly's form what a deadset iron horse indeed.20th run this prep and probably not a flop run at all and was very competitve up to 2000m in the Bunbury Cup.Not many win with 62.5 hope he gets over from the gate and runs another cracker for connections.

R7 Money Matters sits just off the pace and guns them down late for mine, CJP hopefully is primed for a good day because..

R8 I like Playing Marika in this too(hope we're good judges @Grey) she has run well since resuming when she did it tough, take out Levitate and she wasn't far away and second up was just a bit too far back and running on nicely.Blinkers go on so hopefully she possies up closer 1 out a few pairs back at worst and with a good run she can finish over the top of them.Trainer has two great chances today and i think this mare is a e.w special.

Good luck all.

GreyHorsesMatter likes this post.

And of course Axel R Eight, he will be extremely hard to beat.
  • bigorangecatbigorangecat    66 posts
    :)]
    Omen dabble for the 8th of the 8th .....race 8 number 8. 
    Chesten Flyer.

:-bd

Chris, thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    It might finish eighth.

TheDiva likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    R2 Grandrandell (Each Way)

Won well last start even after being held up. I was on at 7 and he got backed in to half that. Willing to have something on him again. Wide barrier no concern since he will get back.

R5 Prince Turbo (Win)

A few people have tipped him in this include Terry Leighton and I also marked him down for the same reasons when doing the form. Up to the mile, 3rd up and most importantly the blinkers go on.

R6 Regal Counsel (Win)

First up back to a 66+ which he won well 3 starts ago and will only carry 58.5kg with the claim. My only concern is he's not the easiest horse to settle for an apprentice but willing to back him regardless. Should get a lovely run from barrier 5.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Fav awful in the first. No doubt some excuses. Ramoly keeps improving.
    Is DON is good, onya Chrissy Graham :x
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Well done Thunder. Once Noske went to the rails he had few options. Did you stick with Vadadar?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited August 2020

Well done Thunder. Once Noske went to the rails he had few options. Did you stick with Vadadar?

Sure did..hope you did too?

Have re invested some on Hi I'm Nikita at Hawera too..
    edited August 2020
    Underwhelming there Billy, think i WILL lose his number :P

Morton/Parnham combo still flying.
    Onya Mitch ;)

Good to see Juicing Carrots stick on well maybe something still there for the ole boy.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Can't complain about CJP's ride on Prince Turbo there. Given every possible chance and just couldn't run down Fuhrer.

It's never nice to lose your hard earned but at least for once it was beaten on it merits.

hash likes this post.

edited August 2020
    2nd won home for CJP..tick
    Captivated Point in the next is also good value.. just a matter of if it can pick them up... 2,4,5 trif ????
    edited August 2020
    Weak as..sacked too..goat race lol

Captivated Point in the next is also good value.. just a matter of if it can pick them up... 2,4,5 trif

2nd, 3rd, and 4th ..

GreyHorsesMatter likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    Bob is not so dominant without pikey. Wonder how he’ll go in the spring if pikey rides in Melbourne? Check out the spread of jocks that have won races today

paraletic, Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

Likely will make a difference i agree.
    Immensely weak late Axel accelerated like a 50cc moped with a 130kg Canuck on it.. :-??
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    i think you are a bit premature, diva. its winter, bobs 2nd & 3rd raters going around. in pikes absence he'll have the choice of chris parnham, noske and probably harvey. one point are the horses, will they be so used to having pike on top?
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    In regards to Bob it’ll be the first time he’s had his best cattle over there, so our carnival will be run with his second graders. He clearly won’t have the dominance of the past 3 or 4 seasons although he’ll no doubt have some fresh 3yo coming through.

I am really looking forward to seeing them go around in Melbourne though.  When he’s dominating here we all get a bit sick of it and want someone else to get a crack but over there the old WA parochialism comes in and I’m all in especially with Pikey on board. 

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    299 posts
    Bob will barely play a part in this seasons carnival in my opinion and who could blame him? Massive $ races over there
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    lets hope the tracks play out for him, no sh*thouse melb. weather.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    I think bob has plenty of ammo to figure prominently over here, I do think he’s lost a big edge in pike though

Gilgamesh, H-BOMBER likes this post.