G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Ascot Easter Friday 14/4/17

West Australian Racing
Nice to see them being progressive.

Getting the thread going early this week.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts

i am not a religious person by any means but I do have Christian values.

it is the holiest day on the Christian calendar and should be observed with quiet  reflection.

I know i'll get howled down but I do not care, just expressing my views.

Gray, Rodent, Notapuntas, MinesACorona likes this post.

captain_kirk dislikes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Sounds like Bad Friday to me Falc

The quiet reflection will be late the night before, doing the form when everyones in bed haha. I look forward to a few small each way bets, beers, meats and sports, with the family in tow. 

That more like a Good Friday to me 
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    edited April 2017
    Its an argumanet that none can win and has never won over the ages I'm afraid.

thefalcon likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I take offence to the title on this thread. you are not allowed to use the word "easter'.........It aint PC anymore. Change it now!!!   =))

RIO likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Wonder if Cadbury is sponsoring any of the races on Friday?? I doubt it unfortunately.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    From PR

Friday, April 14, 2017

Ascot Racecourse
    is open on Good Friday for FREE! Bring a group of friends down to start
    off your long weekend in style or bring the kids down for FREE Easter
    eggs, pony rides, bouncy castle, merry go-round, great food and
    entertainment. 

You can also book your hospitality now at
    Flying Colours restaurant, or book your friends and family a shaded spot
    at Picnic at Ascot from just $12.50 per person. 

Gates open 12pm, first race 1:25pm, last race 5:15pm.

• careycarey    6,369 posts
    thefalcon said:

it is the holiest day on the Christian calendar and should be observed with quiet  reflection.

i am a confirmed atheist(so i guess i am religious in my own way, cos i hate religion!), and have values.
    you either have , or you have not, as far as morals, ethics, etc,etc,etc are concerned.
    being christian has nothing to do with it.

methinks you are religious but just too lazy to go to church!!!!  :-*

by the way, what did the fairy tale say happened on good friday and why was it 'good'?

SKIDS, captain_kirk, The_Real_Peterman likes this post.

choc dislikes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,677 posts
    What about other religions? Will they get a free day as well?

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Hmmm, i hope the entertainment for the kids is good. The racing.....shes pretty thin .....especially the *ahem*choke* Group III race
  • sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    Hi Carey, To be a really good atheist you have to read the fairy story to disprove it.

RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    thefalcon said:

If you hear any howling from the track, it's most likely me after backing several duds in a row ~X( :-?? L-)

RIO likes this post.

sonny said:

Hi Carey, To be a really good atheist you have to read the fairy story to disprove it.

i should keep my opinions of some things to myself, but this teetotaller was on his 3rd glass of shiraz!
    and just on my way for is another.......

anyway, it should be far easier to prove the existence of something, than to prove the non-existence of the same thing, which of course is impossible.
    reading a book would have nothing to do with it, UNLESS, you had the faith.

but, somewhat hypocritically of me, i wish they didn't race on that friday either!

sonny, thefalcon, Gilgamesh, Rodent likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,079 posts

I think opinions are great we need dialogue, I'm on my 3rd stubbie of Coopers red ale.. listening to Dominic, Harry and Sally about framing markets. Have a good night..

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts

What about other religions? Will they get a free day as well?

\m/ no religion day

Should be able to fit the others in :-S ;)
    Religions in Australia
    Christian (61% of the population),
     Buddhism (2.4% ),
     Islam (2.1%),
    Hinduism (1.28%) and
     Judaism (0.45%).
     About ( :-?  =))  ) 7,361 Australians practise Aboriginal traditional religions.
     About 22% of Australians have no religion.

http://www.racismnoway.com.au/about-racism/australias-cultural-diversity/

edited April 2017
    Suspect 61% Christian figure is when hypocrites want to pretend they are something they are not.

Seems to happen a lot these days.

Saying you`re a Christian and being a practicing Christian are 2 different things.

RIO, jum, Gray likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited April 2017
    Can say the same about the other religions too. I know many Muslims that drink and gamble, something forbidden within their religion. Every denomination has their fair share of hypocrites

oldhendo likes this post.

double time and a half on Friday...anyone know what that equates to per hour?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    thefalcon said:

does it matter when you are losing 8mil a year???

My kids asked why is there all that free entertainment when it is free to get it, yet when you pay $15 you get nothing? PR cant even keep their target audience happy
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

Between 60 and 75 per hour 
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited April 2017
    thefalcon said:

*-:)  probably about 1.5 times what they will pay on Saturday 8-}
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    Legless said:

thefalcon said:

*-:)  probably about 1.5 times what they will pay on Saturday 8-}
    perhaps a contract with a catering company in place ;)
  • AmtheoneAmtheone    41 posts
    Obviously we all know the WA TAB just copy and paste prices after the Corporates go up however I would have thought that they would have made a special effort for this Good Friday Meeting. As it stands the fields have been final for over 24 hours and it appears we won't see any early markets until tomorrow some time. This includes for a $200k Group 3 feature race. 

Hard to really engage the punting public without a set of markets that can be discussed or bet into. 

We all know the story of when Sportsbet included fake horses and Bet365 copied and pasted them well one day these corporates should actually not put up markets for WA metro races. The local TAB would have no idea what to do. Would be a TOTE only meeting. 
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Amtheone said:

Obviously we all know the WA TAB just copy and paste prices after the Corporates go up however I would have thought that they would have made a special effort for this Good Friday Meeting. As it stands the fields have been final for over 24 hours and it appears we won't see any early markets until tomorrow some time. This includes for a $200k Group 3 feature race. 

Hard to really engage the punting public without a set of markets that can be discussed or bet into. 

We all know the story of when Sportsbet included fake horses and Bet365 copied and pasted them well one day these corporates should actually not put up markets for WA metro races. The local TAB would have no idea what to do. Would be a TOTE only meeting. 
    there up now
  • jumjum    3,516 posts

One bet on Friday

BERGIO will be winning

sonny said:

I think opinions are great we need dialogue, I'm on my 3rd stubbie of Coopers red ale.. listening to Dominic, Harry and Sally about framing markets. Have a good night..

????
    i know a dom(ex bookmaker and one time work mate) that is very good at framing markets, but harry and sally?
    i am guessing this is obvious to somebody not as insular as me!!!

edited April 2017
    carey said:

sonny said:

????
    i know a dom(ex bookmaker and one time work mate) that is very good at framing markets, but harry and sally?

Dominic Beirne, TAB`s senior bookmaker (whatever that is) Sally Snow and bookmaker Henry Noonan.
    used t have a beer with dom when he had that pub down bondi/coogee many moons ago. great times!! gone now!!
    Fastmoney said:

carey said:

sonny said:

????

Dominic Beirne, TAB`s senior bookmaker (whatever that is) Sally Snow and bookmaker Henry Noonan.
    thanks fm.
    i know dom(we were working together in sydney for a while several years back and he is a great guy, but had no idea that he is tab senior bookie????).
    he has a great racing mind.
    the others i have never heard of.
    thefalcon said:

used t have a beer with dom when he had that pub down bondi/coogee many moons ago. great times!! gone now!!

i am surprised that he even drinks, i never knew that he does.
    edited April 2017
    Sally Snow is TAB`s Senior bookmaker.

ok thanks, i am guessing that is in charge of tab fixed odds???
    i am out of all this stuff, but i thought dom's son was something along those lines.

as far as dom goes, i would just meet him(and others) in sydney when i needed to go to meetings, but i actually just worked from home most of the time, when i was with those guys.
    dom could grasp things instantly, which would take you 4 years to explain to most other people!!