G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Railway Stakes 2017 - early tips.

West Australian Racing

Comments

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

Owner Bob Peters has confirmed his Railway Stakes jockeys for Saturday.
    Willie Pike - Silverstream.
    Jarred Noske - Cosmic Storm
    Shaun McGruddy.- Disposition

H-BOMBER, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

J. Brown opinion.

There has been nothing between tradesman and comic storm in there past 2 starts but it’s amazing how the balloting clause hits the so called battlers. The true is variations connections new what was at stake Saturday and they came up short.

RIO, GLAMOUR likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

So who gets invited to that (and when) ?

So just getting into a million dollar race doesn't ensure your an A lister anymore???? have a look at the footage and see how many RWWA people managed an invite??
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    684 posts
    I can see the people who actually keep racing going the owners arnt wanted,i bet there are ones there who actually dont put a $ over the tote will be there and here thry are trying to promote racing.

RIO likes this post.

• ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Tivers said:

"Tried every jockey manager, and every racing agency in the southern hemisphere".

Are a few (to ride at 53kg), but they Can't come / weren't allowed to be released (in case of places like HK, SIN etc) unless the horse was in the top 4 or 5 in betting.
    Assume you have also set some sort of minimum criteria when it comes to the Jockeys ability. I'm sure Lisa Staples, Natasha Faithful, Simone Altieri etc can all ride 53kg's and are available?
    Didn't Knuckey's name get thrown about for the ride on Miss Finland in the cox plate at 46kgs?
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Thumper said:

Tivers said:

"Tried every jockey manager, and every racing agency in the southern hemisphere".

Are a few (to ride at 53kg), but they Can't come / weren't allowed to be released (in case of places like HK, SIN etc) unless the horse was in the top 4 or 5 in betting.
    Assume you have also set some sort of minimum criteria when it comes to the Jockeys ability. I'm sure Lisa Staples, Natasha Faithful, Simone Altieri etc can all ride 53kg's and are available?

Those names you said you wouldn’t put them on in a maiden at yak goo let alone a gr1

RIO likes this post.

Agree just making a point

RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,267 posts
    What about the males that aren't riding, ie J Brown, R Hill, Steven Parnham, T Turner, J Whiting the list goes on...

Was the point no women jockeys or jockey ability?
    H-BOMBER said:

What about the males that aren't riding, ie J Brown, R Hill, Steven Parnham, T Turner, J Whiting the list goes on...

Ability nothing to do with the gender type those above males are very middle to bottom end of the jockey chain over here

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Thumper said:

Didn't Knuckey's name get thrown about for the ride on Miss Finland in the cox plate at 46kgs?

m
    Has Knick’s and Super Simon Millet parted ways Knick’s doesn’t seem to get many rides for the great man these days
    I meant Knucks
    Yep i was just balancing the ledger

Should have got M Payne over, @dungys favorite :-\"

dungy likes this post.

dungy said:

Thumper said:

m
    Has Knick’s and Super Simon Millet parted ways Knick’s doesn’t seem to get many rides for the great man these days

Sick of being told of how good they are
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    The Railway Stakes barrier draw event will start at 4:00 on Tuesday in the Directors Lounge at Ascot Racecourse. The draw will be screened live on Sky and it will begin at 4:30 sharp to meet broadcast requirements. Perth Racing invites connections of the 20 horses to attend the event and participate in the draw. Please text the name of the person who will draw the barrier of your horse(s) to Mark Worwood.
    H-BOMBER said:

Wasn't making a point about that as Lucy has a ride.

When I was typing my post listed off a few females as I had in the back of my mind that female jockeys generally speaking are all natural light weights and would almost certainly not have to waste to ride at 53kg's. Failed to translate my thoughts fully into my post.

I know in the Skye Boganhuber thread it mentions her natural weight is 49kgs

RIO, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

The Railway Stakes barrier draw event will start at 4:00 on Tuesday in the Directors Lounge at Ascot Racecourse. The draw will be screened live on Sky and it will begin at 4:30 sharp to meet broadcast requirements. Perth Racing invites connections of the 20 horses to attend the event and participate in the draw. Please text the name of the person who will draw the barrier of your horse(s) to Mark Worwood.

So if you chase them up you get a invite...I know what my response would be.   ;-) ..but am confident I will never be in that position!!! 
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2017
    Imagine a huge track...and run the whole 20!! That I'd like to see. Always loved big fields. You can tell never been a owner!

Some of the races in the U.K and Ireland etc that run over 30. It's like a 7th Cavalry charge coming down the home straight. Fascinating to watch.

RIO likes this post.

edited November 2017
    Going to study up three horses...the slightly unknown three...or the three less fancied of the eastern staters.

1. Ulmann - Weir.
    2. Sovereign Nation - Hayes/Dabernig
    3. All Our Roads - Waller.

Not bad trainers for a start...just gotta check the hoops..
    Fastmoney said:

J. Brown opinion.

There has been nothing between tradesman and comic storm in there past 2 starts but it’s amazing how the balloting clause hits the so called battlers. The true is variations connections new what was at stake Saturday and they came up short.

Typical ,,, one question JJ Brown ,,, what are you riding in the Railway ??? As I thought nothing !!!
    edited November 2017
    Just went back to FM's post...

Ulmann - Damian Lane.
    Sovereign Nation - Chris Parnham.
    All Our Roads - Craig Williams.

They'll do!
    edited November 2017
    A kilo over in 1 Million $ race
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Yep....that one throws me
    ^^ Just don't get beaten a short half head ; for first , second , third , or fourth...but especially first.

RIO likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Fastmoney said:

J. Brown opinion.

Variation is in better form than Tradesman....you had your chance last year....and who the hell are the battlers with group 1 runners....gimme a break!

Battlers race in country maidens....not city group 1s
    Fastmoney said:

Oh someone NOT happy!
  • NgawyniNgawyni    740 posts

^^ Just don't get beaten a short half head ; for first , second , third , or fourth...but especially first.

1kg is generally thought to be worth between 0.5 and 0.67 lengths. I'm surprised the stewards allowed it.

RIO likes this post.

• XuanLingXuanLing    107 posts
    GLAMOUR">Im definately taking those odds on Gatting now if he draws 1-8 he's a definate chance,look at his record won a Derby,Melvista and a last start winner,and was just looking has failed only 3 times not to return a cheque,and still think 54kg is still pretty Luxurious,good luck to all the connections for Sat

Wishing good luck to the connections of a horse you own is Entersting
    XuanLing said:

GLAMOUR">Im definately taking those odds on Gatting now if he draws 1-8 he's a definate chance,look at his record won a Derby,Melvista and a last start winner,and was just looking has failed only 3 times not to return a cheque,and still think 54kg is still pretty Luxurious,good luck to all the connections for Sat

Wishing good luck to the connections of a horse you own is Entersting

Think he will run top 10 but looking at last win if Pike did nt put the horse into the race when he did  he gets beat  easy , Itsahym was 3 deep working and still got within half length thats not the form line for me im sorry , they should head to the Cup as Bob Peters for the 1st time in many years doesnt look to have a strangle hold on the race maybe 1 or 2 runners at best and Royal Star is one of them and she might just go off her head on race day congrats to the connections of getting him in the race  but it doesnt say much for the local lads Brown , Turner , Knuckey all that middle of the road lot that can all ride that weight but would rather carry a 1kg extra with another jock good on them i say for looking elsewere 
  • WinsumlosesumWinsumlosesum    138 posts
    Ha ha
    png
    png
    7507E1B2-2ED9-4DDD-AA36-1D2140A54C55.png

Fastmoney, RIO likes this post.