G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

How many months for Glyn Schofield

East Coast Racing
FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
edited April 2017 East Coast Racing
http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/VideoResult.aspx?MeetDate=2017Apr17&VenueCode=MTM4MjQ0&RaceNumber=6&MeetingCategory=Professional&VideoFileType=FullReplay.

An inquiry into Glyn Schofield’s ride on Up ‘n’ Rolling at Canterbury has been adjourned.

Schofield
was questioned on his decision-making over the final stages of Monday’s
1900m race which culminated in Up ‘n’ Rolling ($2.70 Luxbet fav) finishing strongly for second to Kiseki Dane..

The Chris Waller-trained four-year-old was beaten a short neck.

Schofield
was impeded about the 250-metre mark by apprentice Andrew Adkins, who
received a five-day suspension for not preventing Red Knot from shifting
out, but the stewards queried his call to take a route that left Up ‘n’
Rolling hampered in the first place.

Racing NSW deputy chief steward Philip Dingwall also asked Schofield why he did not use the whip as the winning post loomed.

“The
whip was stuck and he was lengthening pretty quickly for me anyway,”
Schofield said, adding he tried several times to free the whip.

“I was trying to get it out, but it doesn’t come out.”

Dingwall said he was surprised a jockey of Schofield’s experience was unable to untangle the whip from the reins.

“The whole world will be asking the same question,” he said.

“I
don’t see you using a lot of force to remove the whip from wherever
it’s entangled. You say you are and we’ll have to consider that.”

A date for the resumption of the inquiry is yet to be determined.

Comments

• The_Real_PetermanThe_Real_Peterman    192 posts
    Glad they're serious about asking questions. I backed it and anyone who saw it knows it should have won.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

Glad they're serious about asking questions. I backed it and anyone who saw it knows it should have won.

By 10.
    Problem is it will be $1.50 next start so if you backed it the only hope you have of feeling vindicated is if they rub him out.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    wasn't this guy involved in that dodgy sale to hong kong..one of wallers horse I think?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Wasnt supposed to win today obviously
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    but para WHY in Gods name would Waller do or be agreeable to anything shonkie? WHY would Schofield, one of Wallers retained riders do anything so stupid as to "hook one"?
    edited April 2017
    thefalcon said:

but para WHY in Gods name would Waller do or be agreeable to anything shonkie? WHY would Schofield, one of Wallers retained riders do anything so stupid as to "hook one"?

He hooked it or he had a Josh Cartwright level brain snap. There's pressure from the outside by the second fav, I believe, but then Glynn continues to veer in instead of pulling out wide. That's what will do him in. The whip thing is just too tall a tale and ultimately the cherry on top.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Not sure the whip was the issue. The horse put 4 lengths on the rest from the 100m mark hands and heels.
    To me the damage was done on the turn to the 250m mark.
    Just needed clear air. But the jockey definitely chose to veer in like TRP said.
    The run was deja vu Chautauqua in the TJ Smith, but Schofield wasn't riding Chautauqua.
    And this race wasn't worth 2.5 million.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    That was Putrid to watch and I wasn't even on it. We should be talking years not months L-) :-&
  • LendmefiftyLendmefifty    227 posts
    18 at least. He deliberately pulled back in when it started making ground, getting caught behind the horses and then his whip got stuck when clear, apparently.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    As they discuss on Racing Rant, There is good Glynn and bad Glynn. That was bad Glynn.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    All was still alright until  the 250 when adkins rolls in on top  of schofield,race over  as he would been up&rolling instead of having to take evasive action and turn his horse sideways, to look for clear air.
    What accentuates the situation how the leader sits down the last 40, schofield has to get his horse to become balanced, the whip would not have made  one bit difference for extra effort, more then likely a hindrance if the horse wasn''t balanced, adkins received a month for interference.,
    Purely in my book bad luck sir..Have no respect for schofield for rorting owners re-sale of horses
    to hong kong. Adkins stays straight up&rolling scores a soft win allright he made the wrong choices re getting to the outside at the 540m mark as he had come off the bridle at 580 to-540 when the sprint went on, whos to know 250-300m up the track a horse is going to bore in on top of you.,when the rules state you must endeavour to keep your mount straight.[

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited April 2017
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Agree Falcon Waller wouldn't do anything shonkie in that regard...however it's naive to think all people at the pointy end of any proffesion are squeaky clean either....the biggest crooks in the world are invariably at the top. Greedy fellas they are. There's a few that if they shook your hand make sure to count your fingers!

hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    edited April 2017
    Replay above saying not available now....need to go to website
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2017
    See that Hirokin ( the horse that was pulled up at Orange ) ran in the race at 20/1 and wasn't too far away from third at the end. Hoop from the Orange run was given a one month suspension for not giving the horse every opportunity. One month - for ( blatantly) pulling up a horse - goodness gracious.
    edited April 2017
    @savethegame The inaction from Schofield at the 250m  is bad but as the stewards, and some posters on racenet noted, how he found himself in that position to start with is just as bad if not worse. He had the choice of following Multitude by getting on its back and having the perfect cart into the race. Instead he stuck to the inside rail and he didn't even ask the horse for an effort until the turn. The fact he gets out and flies home should not absolve him from guilt. If the intention was to hook it, the job was done by that stage.

Lendmefifty, detonator likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Agree with Savethegame bad luck sir
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Agree Falcon Waller wouldn't do anything shonkie in that regard...however it's naive to think all people at the pointy end of any proffesion are squeaky clean either....the biggest crooks in the world are invariably at the top. Greedy fellas they are. There's a few that if they shook your hand make sure to count your fingers!

google and have a read up on a guy named Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela, classic example of an legit successful banker who fits the profile
    spinking said:

Agree with Savethegame bad luck sir

You can't be serious? That was one of the worst I've seen.

@savethegame The inaction from Schofield at the 250m  is bad but as the stewards, and some posters on racenet noted, how he found himself in that position to start with is just as bad if not worse. He had the choice of following Multitude by getting on its back and having the perfect cart into the race. Instead he stuck to the inside rail and he didn't even ask the horse for an effort until the turn. The fact he gets out and flies home should not absolve him from guilt. If the intention was to hook it, the job was done by that stage.

It was actually Nahema-not Multitude-that would have carted Up 'N' Rolling into the race if Schofield had got on its back.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Time will tell Peterman but I reckon no action from the stips
    Heard a story about a bloke who loaded up on his horse (owner trainer) at Kalgoorlie years ago only for it to get beaten by a shocking ride. Old mate then had a phone call from his mate letting him know the jockey admitted to taking $500 to hook it when lent on. Said trainer then went and paid the jockey a visit in the Exchange and I would highly doubt the jockey ever did it again. The most stupid part about it was that the owner/trainer was well known for giving the riders a big sling that would've been more than the $500.

You hear stories, but to try it on in the city this day and age with all of the associated tech is just stupid.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    How long ago was this fifty?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    haha yeah i was thinking only a couple of years ago :-?
    edited April 2017
    @Lendmefifty Punters might be naive but that doesn't mean they're stupid. It's the stewards' job to come down hard on anything dodgy after the fact-or before it if possible. I guess as a punter the only smart thing you can do is avoid backing hoops with form. Surely Schofield has worn out his welcome with Waller? Chris can't expect Winx to insulate him from scrutiny and criticism forever.

Lendmefifty likes this post.

edited April 2017

See that Hirokin ( the horse that was pulled up at Orange ) ran in the race at 20/1 and wasn't too far away from third at the end. Hoop from the Orange run was given a one month suspension for not giving the horse every opportunity. One month - for ( blatantly) pulling up a horse - goodness gracious.

Probably the fact that it was an apprentice may have had something to do with the preceived leniency. Schofield doesn't have that luxury, he has form. No way this will fly with the punting public is he walks. I don't care how many gimmicks racing NSW have lined up to distract us.

Lendmefifty likes this post.

edited April 2017
    paraletic said:

How long ago was this fifty?

Would've been thirty years ago. Won't mention any names as the bloke is still around and may be having a chuckle if he looks at this forum. Good old fashioned justice in my opinion.

RIO likes this post.

@Lendmefifty Punters might be naive but that doesn't mean they're stupid. It's the stewards' job to come down hard on anything dodgy after the fact-or before it if possible. I guess as a punter the only smart thing you can do is avoid backing hoops with form. Surely Schofield has worn out his welcome with Waller? Chris can't expect Winx to insulate him from scrutiny and criticism forever.

It's like Terror Force when Jerry Noske rode it and tried to ease it out of the race and the horse got going again on over the final 200m. I posted a question asking what the hell happened. Low and behold, the next week Mr W Pike rode it home for a slim win at double figures. Nothing untoward, I just think she became unbalanced but as a punter that sort of thing just screams GET ON.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

3 odds on favs and an even money fav rolled in 6 races tonight at Globe Derby. It's Glynn Schofield appreciation night :!!