G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Winterbottom Stakes Day Preview

West Australian Racing

Comments

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Was it a Geoffrey Huston who did the groundwork?
  • DaleDale    1,346 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Dale said:

Wa trainers cant compete?

Jocks?
    no, its the trainers.

• careycarey    6,369 posts

Was it a Geoffrey Huston who did the groundwork?

probably swoop
    i have that book someplace, and before then tony sent me an academic paper on the subject of horses talking to you by how they present.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Fastmoney said:

State Solicitor drift hard to believe but ran accordingly.

How/why is that even possible is a G1 race #outrageous
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2017
    @Carey.. Mr. Ed ? b-(
    edited December 2017
    Not really Hashy...the early markets can be a minefield to navigate...3 things you need..

1. Get the best price you can your selection(s). ( Doesn't have to be in the early prices ).

2. Need it/one of 'em to win.

3. You need some good luck/intuition to get 1 and 2 correct!
  • careycarey    6,369 posts

@Carey.. Mr. Ed ? b-(

no, riders, i did try for a period, but they never talked my language!!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2017
    Am sure Scales Of Justice was only around $6 early Saturday morning of the Railway after being a little shorter at some stages. Plenty of $10 and $11 available by start time.

Horses drifting alarmingly in the betting like State Solicictor, has been around since the early 1800s...mostly because there too bloody short to begin with!

RIO likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited December 2017
    And there are people, in the know, who lay accordingly.

Am sure Scales Of Justice was only around $6 early Saturday morning of the Railway after being a little shorter at some stages. Plenty of $10 and $11 available by start time.

Horses drifting alarmingly in the betting like State Solicictor, has been around since the early 1800s...mostly because there too bloody short to begin with!

And there are people, "in the know", who lay accordingly which has been occurring since the inception of Betfair.

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon, hash, jum likes this post.

Ridersonthestorm33, oldhendo, AceV likes this post.

Rock Magic pulled up lame and with an elevated heart rate after the Winterbottom Stakes
    Absolutely @FM, Betfair added a new dimension...word can still get around..one way or another.
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Must have none Pike was going to give it none today as well

hash, jum likes this post.

• ThumperThumper    820 posts
    A very ordinary day from Pike. Those that think he is a super hero should go and watch all of his rides today.

AceV likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    everybody is allowed to have a bad day...golfers, footy players, boxers, cyclists etc...and punters... ;)

GLAMOUR likes this post.

edited December 2017
    True Falcon.. Don Bradman made a few ducks...his final innings in fact! Only had to make 4 runs to average 100 in test match cricket..just wasn't meant to be. But 99.94 wasn't too bad.

thefalcon likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    684 posts
    edited December 2017
    I guess they all have bad days,still think W Pike is best around,and as for Winterbottom some got horrible runs,and never got a crack at them but the winner deserved it.has been knocking on the door.

therealkramer, hash likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Thumper said:

A very ordinary day from Pike. Those that think he is a super hero should go and watch all of his rides today.

A bad day we all have them I’m tipping you have a few
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Interesting betting drift with State Solicitor.
    Bob(man of few words) Peters didn't give too much away in his interview pre race.
    Can he win Bob ? I hope so.
    Is he a group horse Bob ? We'll know after the race.
    Deep down I think he knew the answers to both questions.

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    “State Solicitor could back up from Winterbottom flop - Leviathan owner Bob Peters says State Solicitor is a chance of running at Ascot on Saturday despite an inexplicably poor performance in last weekend’s Group I Winterbottom Stakes”
  • NgawyniNgawyni    740 posts
    Saturday week. 1400 wfa.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @detonator Bob also thought Neverland was better than Delicacy @-)
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Is Neverland still alive??? 
    'Retired' according to Racing Australia

RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts

Had the potential to be one of the best WA horses in recent times, in my opinion.

If not for her unforeseen retirement I honestly think she had the potential to go on to a CC and even MC, but alas we will never know.
    Jell said:

Had the potential to be one of the best WA horses in recent times, in my opinion.

If not for her unforeseen retirement I honestly think she had the potential to go on to a CC and even MC, but alas we will never know.

Delicacy? I think she still is one of the better WA horses in recent times, particularly considering middle distance borses from WA don't win over East anywhere near the level of sprinters. Werther winning in HK only underlines Delicacy's potential.

jum likes this post.

Jell said:

Delicacy? I think she still is one of the better WA horses in recent times, particularly considering middle distance borses from WA don't win over East anywhere near the level of sprinters. Werther winning in HK only underlines Delicacy's potential.

Yep, I was referring to Delicacy. Remember I got about 8’s or 9’s for her in the SA Derby, ridiculous odds.
    Whoops meant the Oaks not Derby