G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

SURELY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

West Australian Racing

WAKAHA KID  55 starts for 0, wins   1, 2nd    3, 3rds and absolutely not  competitive in the city.

The horse looks fit and healthy and is probably extremely well looked after by Steve Ryan. But Stewards need too do there job here. This horse should not be running around on metropolitan tracks. It is just too slow

Slow horses running against superior horses cause accidents, Fact not opinion.

This horse has very patient owners that obviously love there horse and hats off to them. But he needs to be racing in the country ( Collie, Moora, Kojonup) or the provincials at the very least.  

If the trainer and owners can not see this. Surely the stewards can step in and sort this issue out.   

+1 -1

GaryH, LuckyLongshots, Chelsea, frenc11 likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    I'm surprised they scratched from today  ;))

paraletic, Chelsea likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited March 2016
    Not sure its a big deal.

Numerically it looks ordinary but only beaten 6, 7 & 4 lengths at its last 3 starts.

Only gets a start when there isn`t enough noms.

If it was leading and falling in a hole there would be a safety issue but the way its being ridden not sure there is much stewards could do.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,423 posts
    X_X
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Jum Collie, Moora, Kojonup give it 3 starts a year where else ? 
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited March 2016
    Wakaha Kid - 7g Bearcat x True Roman
    2010 MM Perth (309)     Taunton Vale     JOHN CHALMERS BLOODS     $120,000
  • SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    Surprised it's not trialling Monday just to sharpen the horse up

RIO likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

Jum Collie, Moora, Kojonup give it 3 starts a year where else ? 

Pingrup, Landor, Leinster, Leonora, Dongara, Yalgoo, Mount Magnet, Newman
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Roebourne Junction PT Headland Derby have not looked in the book but surely trainer is owner as well
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    spinking said:

Roebourne Junction PT Headland Derby have not looked in the book but surely trainer is owner as well

nope he is not owner/trainer
    as my dear old mum would say Jum must have the patience of a saint or a severe disregard for there money

jum likes this post.

• ColourfulRDColourfulRD    480 posts
    slow horses running against superior horses cause accidents, Fact not opinion.

opinion I thinks

motivated likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

slow horses running against superior horses cause accidents, Fact not opinion.

opinion I thinks
    No need for names, but I know of at least two heart broken families that will tell you slow horses destroyed there lives. That is fact. Its in the stewards report RD
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts

don't tell me they paid 120k for a bearcat foal??

must be mad!!

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    edited March 2016

Just noticed the MINGENEW races are on this weekend. Racing on a grass track.

There is a maiden 1200m race with 11 horses nominated with a combined 44 starts for 4 placings. This would have been an ideal race for Wakaha Kid. This is where this horse should be racing not midweek and Saturday Ascot races.

Last start Durrant winner has changed stables and will run favourite in the Cup.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tell that to the owners of KKK.....the kid may be the next KKK :-?

jum likes this post.

I will have to come home on myself here Falc I had the misfortune of buying one back in 2008 when they were pretty new on the scene waste of space even through the breeders hat away that came with it suppose I should have kept the hat

thefalcon likes this post.

• BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    I recall the stewards barring some horses from running in the metro area in the past, what is stopping them doing the same with this horse?

jum likes this post.

I recall the stewards barring some horses from running in the metro area in the past, what is stopping them doing the same with this horse?

Beaten 6, 7 & 4 lengths at its last 3 starts.

12 horses beaten further than 7 lengths last Saturday and more than 20 the week before.

And what happens to the horses that Wakaha Kid beat home, are they banned too?

• BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Beaten 6, 7 & 4 lengths at its last 3 starts.

12 horses beaten further than 7 lengths last Saturday and more than 20 the week before.

And what happens to the horses that Wakaha Kid beat home, are they banned too?

Whilst I was making a comment on this horse, i was also actually having a crack at the stewards inconsistencies, in that they have barred horses that seemingly didn't have putrid form but not others who did.

To be honest i didn't even bother looking at Wakaha Kid's form to see how far it had been beaten recently.

I'm not sure if you own any horses or bet on any @Fastmoney but if a horse like this gets in the way of one of yours some day, remember this conversation.

jum likes this post.

edited March 2016
    In a few BD and be more than happy to have WK racing against them and just as happy to bet in races he contests.

BobbyDavis likes this post.

• ThumperThumper    820 posts

Beaten 14L yesterday struggling to keep intact with the main body of runners. Thought this might be enough to at least restrict the horse to provincial and country racing. No nothing in the stewards report. Really is intriguing following the outcomes of this horse. It's pretty embarrassing for the trainer to be honest no matter how good he treats the horse at home and for the stewards to continue to let it run around at metro meetings.

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Thumper said:

Beaten 14L yesterday struggling to keep intact with the main body of runners. Thought this might be enough to at least restrict the horse to provincial and country racing. No nothing in the stewards report. Really is intriguing following the outcomes of this horse. It's pretty embarrassing for the trainer to be honest no matter how good he treats the horse at home and for the stewards to continue to let it run around at metro meetings.

Atleast anyone laying it on betfair can do so confidently everytime it runs round lol
  • SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    Surely the owners aren't paying up anymore?

paraletic likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    owned by the Jolly family.....certainly well named.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Plenty with opinions on this. Trainers prerogative to do what he wants unless Stewards put an embargo on the horse, and his choice to keep doing this, with the chance it is scaring away any possible new owners.

I did notice earlier in the day he looks as though he may have a handy one coming along, which is great
  • jumjum    3,516 posts

My Point Exactly, Goose.

Stewards need to do something. Agree with Don't let Thommo Go. Looks to have ability on Wednesdays run. And good luck to the trainer and Connections with this horse.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

:-??   Going around again tomorrow at Belmont

In its last 10 races has raced 125 horses and beaten 10 home. The 4th from 8 at Narrogin Really flatters those figures too. The other 9 races it has finished last or second last.

:-O 

Just can not fathom the logic of sending this horse around at Metro tracks. Truck loads have just gone north, it might have pinched a win up there.

Chelsea, frenc11 likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    jum said:

:-??   Going around again tomorrow at Belmont

In its last 10 races has raced 125 horses and beaten 10 home. The 4th from 8 at Narrogin Really flatters those figures too. The other 9 races it has finished last or second last.

:-O 

Just can not fathom the logic of sending this horse around at Metro tracks. Truck loads have just gone north, it might have pinched a win up there.

would be battling to win a race at Kojonup,Leinster or Pingrup Vonconi is another horse that looks suited to the outer country

frenc11 likes this post.

• FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    $301/1 
    mmmmmmmmm
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts

$301/1 

mmmmmmmmm

Should be Leicester City price

FreoHitman, jum likes this post.