In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

AFL 2023

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
See the round 1 fixture is out.
Both W.A teams playing in Melbourne.
Is Optus Stadium unavailable for some reason ?
Or maybe the penny has dropped and acknowledged that Mid March is still hot as Phuck in Perth.:-?

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    766 posts
    Concert young Fella, some bloke called Ed Sheeran there the week before and the ground would not be ready. Seems they think they will get more people at concerts than Eagle games.

;)
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Who does Ed Sheehan play for ??

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    $1 billion on a footy stadium and it cant be used cos someone wants to sit around, hold hands and sing kumbaya!!!! WTF?????
    Entertainment Centre Rio its not all about footy. They have to pay the bloody thing off somehow.

Chariotsonfire, Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

West Coast rise to the top again will fill the stadium this season. Corporate boxes filled to capacity. Maximum packages sold. Plus all the home finals we will be in. The "cash cow" is back in town.
    Go boys !!! 
    <:-P

RIO likes this post.

Deto, let that be my Christmas wish for you. :x
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,855 posts
    detonator said:

West Coast rise to the top again will fill the stadium this season. Corporate boxes filled to capacity. Maximum packages sold. Plus all the home finals we will be in. The "cash cow" is back in town.

Go boys !!! 
    Perhaps a change of moniker is due - from Detonator to Delusional.

RIO, detonator, Chris likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,238 posts
    detonator said:

Go boys !!! 
    I will give you the number for my therapist.....she's very good..... 8-} 8-} 8-}

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    716 posts
    AFL to introduce De-Colonising classes , sounds like CRT to be
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    SPS to have a breakout year :))

jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I'm with Deto or is it Dillo???

Big year for the Eagles, looks like they'll play another 46 players with how the injuries are piling  up already!!! hahaha

detonator likes this post.

SPS to have a breakout year :))

Heard he is going to be the next captain….of the WAFL team.
    No more Carlton cast offs please.
    [-X
    See the Eagles have copped another “brutal” draw for the 2023 season.
    We are drawn to play……the other 17 teams. 
    =))

RIO, Manchild, Voodoo, Chris likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Just the AFL picking on us again Det.

They give north and Gold Coast about 20 first rounds picks. You think the least they could do is have us play half our games against the QAFL.. B@#!tards

detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    i see already natanui and fyfe are featuring almost exclusively in our daily rag.... X(
    Whats "brand Fyfe" in there for ?? No one cares about him. (:|

RIO, Manchild likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    I'm only going off social media posts and what is being reported in the media. But gee the Dockers new recruit Luke Jackson likes living it up.
    Could Jackson be a revisit of the Hogan debacle.

This post could age very badly for me 
    X_X  
    edited December 2022
    Dockers have a history of being the “go to” destination to get the big money and not having to perform.
    Hogan, Mcarthy, Bennell, Matera,Hill and I have probably missed about 20 more. 

Unlucky with Walsh missing the first month of football Jum. 
    Missing big chunks of pre season kills you. As everyone would know.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Certainly, does kill you. but I wouldn't say unlucky.  ~X( ~X(
    Remembering he missed the last two games of last year with a back complaint. And our medical staff work out a problem 3 weeks into pre-season. 
    Disgraceful on Carlton's medical department I feel
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,917 posts
    I had a bet on the footy yesterday - with TAB.Com because i dont think Tab Touch have got any markets up 

The top 4 betting was way unders i thought - ignoring Geel - the others which were Rich/Melb /Bris/Carl/Coll/Syd/Port/WB - the odds spread was $2 to $3.50 - i thought they were all unders 

So looking for value i had $150 on Essendon to make the 8 @ $5

I dont rate their list - they have had a shocking 20 years - but the vibes are Brad Scott has put a bit of discipline into the club - their 2nd half of last year was better - mind you their 1st half was atrocious - and they have got a softish draw - actually it has been rated the easiest draw on paper of any club

They have got Nth Mth and W/C twice - plus GWS and Coll twice - theyd fancy themselves against the Magpies . They have got Geel twice - thats the only hard bit

With a new coach - if Ess are ever going to do anything - then 23 might be the year - they might sneak into the bottom rungs of the 8 - 

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,745 posts
    Markovina said:

I had a bet on the footy yesterday - with TAB.Com because i dont think Tab Touch have got any markets up 

The top 4 betting was way unders i thought - ignoring Geel - the others which were Rich/Melb /Bris/Carl/Coll/Syd/Port/WB - the odds spread was $2 to $3.50 - i thought they were all unders 

So looking for value i had $150 on Essendon to make the 8 @ $5

I dont rate their list - they have had a shocking 20 years - but the vibes are Brad Scott has put a bit of discipline into the club - their 2nd half of last year was better - mind you their 1st half was atrocious - and they have got a softish draw - actually it has been rated the easiest draw on paper of any club

They have got Nth Mth and W/C twice - plus GWS and Coll twice - theyd fancy themselves against the Magpies . They have got Geel twice - thats the only hard bit

With a new coach - if Ess are ever going to do anything - then 23 might be the year - they might sneak into the bottom rungs of the 8 - 

You inspired me to have a look, tabtouch do have markets up but they were hard to find-had to click on Premiership market and then a "more markets" tab came up which there were heaps of but reckon they would be very similar in any case-your Ess bet is also $5 with tabtouch.

StK 3.75 for the 8 looks a bit of value to me with Ross the boss at the helm. I think there is a bit there to work with. But I'm not getting on, if it was a weekend bet it would be good but I wouldn't be willing to have enough on it for the money to be tied up for the next 35 weeks.

It's interesting Hawks are shorter odds to make the 8 than WCE, surely WCE with their 11 home games at Optus will scrounge together more wins than Hawthorn, Hawks will be lucky to have 35 inside 50s a game with the line up they have.

One bet I will have for the season is a few dollars Caleb Serong for the Brownlow at around 100/1. Think Freo continue the good form and he will take another jump.

Markovina likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited January 2023
    Young Bazzo now with no birth Mother or Father....

At 19 or 20, that is a massive mental demon to deal with....Wish  him all the best going forward, but it could be the end of his career, before it even gets going.

Sincerest condolences to anyone who knows, or knows of this young man,
    Great news, my old friend Deto will be over the moon, his favorite Collingwood player has been appointed captain, Darcy Moore.  :D
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    edited February 2023
    oldhendo said:

Great news, my old friend Deto will be over the moon, his favorite Collingwood player has been appointed captain, Darcy Moore.  :D

Boy can play. i think they have made the right call here. I enjoy his attacking style at the footy.
    Big call for the Pies though. As I reckon Darcy will be a trailblazer in the AFL in the near future. 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Thought he'd need to transfer to Geelong to be a captain of a AFL team.
    oldhendo said:

You may be surprised Old Hindrance that I reckon Darcy Moore is an excellent choice. My previous posts on DM have been predominantly tongue in cheek and just to stir up a bit of banter and discussion.
    I saw the episode of “On the Couch” when he was in the the studio talking with Lyon Brown and Riewoldt off memory. I was super impressed with how well he spoke and his insights. 
    Definitely got a media gig post football. 
    Proof will be in the pudding re leadership on the field in the trenches etc.
    =D>

oldhendo likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

Zack Williams of  Carlton does his ACL He was Carlton’s “weak link” last year so in terms of an on field loss I don’t reckon Carlton have lost anything.
    He is not in their best 22 on last years form and probably cost Carlton a shot at finals footy.
    The times I watched Carlton I focussed on him and he was ordinary at best. Made a lot of mistakes and his skills were abysmal.
    Has not delivered considering the big coin he is on.
    B-)
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Hey Deto with no Freo on here, who are you going to bounce crap off of?????

I agree with 90% of the crap your write, Hendo hardly ecer gets stirred up and at the end of he day we are both just Grumpy old bastards on a good day anyway!!!!!

Falcon is definitely a GOB, not sure abut Jum, Marko BAF and a few others that float on and off. But pretty sure none of them are passionate enough to get on here regularly!!!!

Could be a dull season with you and I on here, having a party every week as the Eagles cement themselves in the top 8 and the Dockers struggle to get in after a couple of good years. ;-)
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,855 posts
    Any evens on offer for the Dockers to finish in front of the Eagles Rio.

jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Any evens on offer for the Dockers to finish in front of the Eagles Rio.

That's the spirit i like to see...I'll have a think about it.

Could Multi it into who finishes more places up the ladder than they did last year!?!?!?!