G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts
    Do yourself a favour and look at Cameron Young's front nine score this morning

He missed the cut by 1 shot. He had an 8 on the par 4 3rd and then had a hole in 1 three holes later surrounded by 3 birdies and 2 bogeys for a 1 over par 36!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    edited June 2022
    Late start for the leading guys bloody hell, only decided to post because I just watched Scottie hole out from 100 yards for Eagle on 8 to go -3 today and leader by 1 at 6 under!
    Mcilroy is +3 today and sliding, Morikawa even but a tad shaky, scrambling well.Wise and Rodgers who jagged an eagle too are at -4.
    Jon Rahm is scrambling and +1 today so far(typically has missed a couple of solid bird chances so far)

Few others have shit the bed Schauffele i think is +5 or 6 on his round.

Very tough day conditions are rough, scores of even par would be pretty good anything under par climbs the leaderboard it seems.
    What a final round it promises to be, with Will Zalatoris and Matt Fitzpatrick out in front at -4 after Rahm doubled the last hole to slide back to -3. The course and the condtions must be the hardest these blokes have ever seen, the scoring suggests that. Of the first page of the leaderboard, McIlroy had the worst round of the day of +3, to finish at -1. If that's his customary bad round then then he still looks in good shape. 36 hole leaders Dahmen and Morikawa both slid back, Dahman at -1 while Collin slid right back with an 7 over day to finish +2.

Set the alarm it's going to be a cracker
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    I have a live hope in Sam Burns for $600

detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Good to see we all have “live” chances going into the final round.
    Good chance we could all miss the winner too. Haha.
    Shame Fitzpatrick didn’t show the same form in Canada last week when I backed him. Oh well.
    For some reason I am thinking Sam Burns may be there when the whips are cracking tomorrow. Maybe I am jumping at shadows and over thinking things. Which is not like me……MUCH. Haha.
    I will be cheering hard for the “Z” meister as he would be my best result. 
    If Rahm gets up then I probably need to give you a “sling” Bomber as I followed you in. He was not on my radar otherwise.
    Set the alarms boys !!![-O<
    F me Scottie lost the plot and it was with short irons not the driver.Shitshow started at the 140 yard 11th went double there after inexplicably flying the green then 3 more bogeys in a line wtf..was 3 clear of Willy and going as well as anyone atbthe time(albeit scored 1 extra shot with the eagle jag).

Still in it but very disappointed I had visions boys of him being a couple clear teeing off in the last round.
    idk what happened I would have snapped that sand wedge into 4 pieces that's for sure :P

Did my bit fellas and played Morikawa out of it :D , really don't know what his "issue" is and glad I only used a bonus bet lol.

Maybe you guys didn't see this but JT went on an f bomb laden rant after not getting relief where his tee shot 3nded up on the edge of a sprinkler box? Arguably should have got said relief anyway...
    Shanks the short iron and must have said "f this, fn that" AT LEAST a dozen times and the dumbarse cameraman just kept filming or left the sound on LOL.

Speaking of JT he doesn't look at all likely..but is 7 back and $251!
    If my 6 leg multi gets up today(have 4 legs correct two to go [-O< )I'll be backing some others, be warned more jinxing to come haha.

Didn’t see the JT rant TS. But can understand the frustration. Every weekend golfer does that just walking to the first tee. Haha

Scottie only 2 off the lead even after his bad few holes. Good sign he has got them out of his system and then steadied the ship. 

This course is unforgiving. So should make for some fun and games tomorrow. 

@-)
    Looked to my untrained eye like he should have got relief, there was a disadvantage.
    Yep Scottie only 2 behind, feel like I jinxed him too though haha
    edited June 2022
    No running commentary/jinx from me this time(and not sure I'll see the round out)but conditions seem a little more benign at least at the start of the round.
    Mcilroy has started well with a birdie looks good early.
    Rahm has just teed off.
    McCarthy making a mini charge with two early birds to get to 1 under.

Sorry in advance Det but I've backed Willy at the shorts as a back up lol

OK i'll make 1 comment only because it's early on, Scottie has birdied the first 2 holes to go equal leader before the now co leaders even tee off! C'mon baby.
    Willy feeling your weight on his back TS. Lol :-SS

I'm still up watchin..f me massive roller-coaster Scheff was flying early again got to 6 under then mini chokes again still in it though missed a fairly easy bird at 14, all doing their bit chokewise so it's still not over I suppose.
    Choke Fitzpatrick!!
    17th is easy for the other two, I reckon Scheffler has rogered himself(unless they both f up on 18)
    There is a chance as he moots the tee shot into the sand!
    edited June 2022
    Gun shot from the sand, he looks the winner now Fitzpatrick tho WZ is just inside his birdie putt L-) Scheffler at least is stuffed...BOOOOO
    Cruel finish for Will.
    2 gettable putts on 17 and 18.
    Sums up my weekend on the punt.
    Fitzpatrick rubs salt into the wound. Especially because I backed him the week before.
    Going to regroup during the week and go again.
    Interesting stat given on Will during the telecast. He ranks 200 + for missing the fairway to the right in the PGA. It was his Achilles heel on the back nine at vital moments.....Oh well. :-q
    edited June 2022
    What a final round from the US Open. I watched the last 10 holes and it was a ding dong battle between the big three in Fitzpatrick, Zalatoris and Scheffler. Even the blokes like Rory and Denny etc at -2 still had a chance down the stretch had they posted 5 under but in the end it was Matty Fitzpatty who got the chocolates from again Will Zalatoris, who continues to stand out in Majors and a gallant Scheffler, who just never goes away and is a real breath of fresh air for me as a quiet acheiving number 1 in the world. 

Looks like Fitz burned all of us in the end. Personally, my best was Rory, then Rahm. Spieth had the shits I think so can forgive him and JT was just out of contention from Friday. Cameron Young missed the cut by a stroke but i thought as a rookie player he showed some grit down the stretch after posting an 8. Always a watch on him in the lesser tournaments coming up.

Update on the punt

Season +200.81 units

This week -28.1 units

Overall +172.71 units

Now it would be remiss of me not to mention, this week is the Travellers Championship in the US and the BMW International on the DP World Tour. Absolute scenes last year when I nabbed the 330-1 double of Harris English and Viktor Hovland after an epic 8 hole play off between English and Hickok......

Alot of water under the bridge since then, I dont partake in the DP Tour anymore as it is just way too hard. BUT alas, have no fear, the ladies tee it up in the LPGA PGA Championship this week.

So will have a preview soon for the Travellers soon, which has an absolutely stacked field this week if it holds up, with the like of Scheffler, Schauffele, Spieth, Rory, JT, Brooks, Catlay, Burns, Dahmen, Sunjae IM and Finau all on the quick backup, with also my man Davis Riley and Rickie Fowler.....hopefully the field holds up as it will be sensational leading into the Scottish Open in a few weeks and then The Open!

Mouthwatering stretch coming up for the blokes.

The ladies also have a host of big names at the top of the betting, the Korda sisters have hit form again, along with staple old favs like JY Ko, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and Atthaya Thitikal. 

In honour of last years big double ill have to have a crack at the Travellers/LPGA Championship double this week. 

no odds for the boys yet, should be up shortly 
    =P~

edited June 2022
    Yeh I'm sure you have had the feeling more times than me H and maybe choke is harsh but Schefflers semi implosion has to be tension related, particularly in Rd 3 a bogey or two ok i get it but 5 over in 4 holes well out of character and wasn't the driver it was his short irons/approaches, rallied late but he went off the boil and some decent damage was done, is it worrying for him?
    Idk probably not as he still tied for 2nd in a major missing by a single shot but he should have won.

Stating the obvious but I found myself counting the money(also had another bet on him at $7 when I backed WZ before Rd 4 kickoff)in consecutive rounds he went two clear and almost cruising in Rd 4, then flatlined a little.Still love the bloke but doing that twice was not nice Scottie :P
    edited June 2022
    I should add its not all about the money, I want him to win and a second major would have been awesome for him in an outstanding year.

Honourable.mention in turnarounds and a suck people in move, Morikawa gets a mention too...shoots 66 after a 3rd round 77 @-)
    The Travellers Championship

TPC River Highlands, par 70, 6,852 yards. One of the TOUR’s shortest courses should ensure a low scoring week as opposed to last weeks US Open. This marks the 70th anniversary of the Travelers Championship, with TPC River Highlands being a TOUR venue for 39 years. The key holes are 15-17 which surround the famous lake. TPC River Highlands is where Jim Furyk fired the TOUR’s lowest round, a 58 in 2016.

Statistics wise, weighted Off the Tee, tee to green and approach all rank highly along with ball striking. These will be the key metrics in assessing who to launch into this week. Its a stacked field this week with plenty of favorites and choices on offer. After a marathon last week and no collect, need to get the train back on the tracks and will play 8! guys this week at a tick under $3 ($2.97 to be exact). A good mix of stars and sleepers for me.

Top 5 ranked players in each category

Off the tee
    B. Steele
    Rory
    Nieman
    Kokrak
    Spieth

Approach
    Xander
    Scheffler
    Riley
    B. Steele
    Rory

Ball striking
    B. Steele
    Rory
    Periera
    Scheffler
    Riley

Around the green
    Spieth
    Scheffler
    Rory
    Sunjae Im
    Denny Mcarthy

Tee to green
    Rory
    Scheffler
    Periera
    Spith
    B. Steele

So with these rankings, you can already see trends emerge. Brendan Steele ranks highly across the board. Rory, Scheffler, Spieth and Davis Riley also rank highly in most categories. 

Next looking at tournament history, Patrick Cantlay and Brian Harman stand out while recently, players like Scheffler, Rory, Riley, Finau, JT, burns etc etc all stand out.

You cant back them all but you can sure try...as long as there is a profit. Here are my plays

Enhanced Win Only: McIlroy, Rory (Winner) @ 11.00
    Travelers Championship 2022
    Enhanced Win Only: Scheffler, Scottie (Winner) @ 12.00
    Enhanced Win Only: Cantlay, Patrick (Winner) @ 15.00
    Enhanced Win Only: Spieth, Jordan (Winner) @ 29.00
    Enhanced Win Only: Riley, Davis (Winner) @ 46.00
    Enhanced Win Only: Steele, Brendan (Winner) @ 56.00
    Enhanced Win Only: McCarthy, Denny (Winner) @ 71.00
    Enhanced Win Only: Fowler, Rickie (Winner) @ 136.0

Playing all these blokes, 10.1 units to return 30.02 units. (this amount will become clearer later, playing 30 units total this week across tournaments)

McIlroy and Scheffler clear standouts and have to play them as this wont be an aftrethought for them, its the last hurrah before the Scottish and British Open for these guys. It could be a Cantlay week with his course history and recnet form stacking up. Forgiving Spieth as he had a stomach bug last week. Davis Riley is closely contending for rookie of the year and has been in great form this year. Denny Mcarthy had a breakout week at the US Open last week, similar to Harris English last year when he went T2 in the US Open to winning the travellers. Brendan Steele rates hagly across the board and at $56 is a must play. Lastly I am lobbing in Fowler, who im happy to play at the big prices to cover and his form isnt the worst. 

As mentioned, am playing these 8 guys outright and will couple them up with the Ladies for the LPGA Championship and try to relive last years double heriocs.......

Best of luck!

jum likes this post.

edited June 2022
    In the LPGA Championship, sticking with my favs and subbing out one of them for a newbie

Playing the following for an arb price of $4.86 for 6.2 units, returning 30.12 units

Finishing Position: Ko, Lydia (Winner) @ 13.00
    KPMG Women's PGA Championship 2022
    Finishing Position: Minjee Lee (Winner) @ 15.00
    Finishing Position: Thitikul, Atthaya (Winner) @ 29.00
    Finishing Position: Korda, Jessica (Winner) @ 36.00

Leaving out Jin Young KO and replacing her with the very in form Jessica Korda, who finished last weeks tournmant with 4 straight rounds in the 60s. Lydia KO and Minjee Lee continue to kill it on the tour finishing close up. The one Im most bullish about is Atthaya Thitikul, who really hit the line wll last week to only go don by a couple of strokes in the end and is destined to be a major winner. She just needs 4 good rounds together.

So playing 4 ladies for the PGA Championship. 
    edited June 2022
    This week, Im going heavy on the doubles play. This is probably a bad idea but no guts, no glory!

As you can tell, my individual tournament bets cover the 30 unit play this week...just in case I hit one out of 2 tournmant winners.....

Here are the double plays and payouts......playing 0.409 units per combo (32 combos * 4.09 = 13.088 units out). Apologies for the layout, but you get the drift....

Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: McIlroy, Rory (Winner) @ 11.00
    27 June 2022, 04:00 am
    Golf / PGA Tour / Travelers Championship
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Scheffler, Scottie (Winner) @ 12.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Cantlay, Patrick (Winner) @ 15.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Spieth, Jordan (Winner) @ 29.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Riley, Davis (Winner) @ 46.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Steele, Brendan (Winner) @ 56.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: McCarthy, Denny (Winner) @ 71.00
    Pending
    Enhanced Win Only: Fowler, Rickie (Winner) @ 136.0
    Pending
    Finishing Position: Ko, Lydia (Winner) @ 13.00
    Golf / LPGA Tour / KPMG Women's PGA Championship
    Pending
    Finishing Position: Minjee Lee (Winner) @ 15.00
    Pending
    Finishing Position: Thitikul, Atthaya (Winner) @ 29.00
    Pending
    Finishing Position: Korda, Jessica (Winner) @ 36.00
    DOUBLES
    $584.87
    $674.85
    $1304.71
    $1619.64
    $638.04
    $736.20
    $1423.32
    $1766.88
    $797.55
    $920.25
    $1779.15
    $2208.60
    $1541.93
    $1779.15
    $3439.69
    $4269.96
    $2445.82
    $2822.10
    $5456.06
    $6773.04
    $2977.52
    $3435.60
    $6642.16
    $8245.44
    $3775.07
    $4355.85
    $8421.31
    $10454.04
    $7231.12
    $8343.60
    $16130.96
    $20024.64

Brooks backflip. Reckon he thought I will get in early and get the cash. Watch some more follow suit. 
    If the argument about staying with the PGA is to want to play against the “best” then for every defection of the top players the best “pool” is diminishing.
    :-B
    Travelers

Bets are

Burns @ $19.00
    Finau @ $34.00
    Xander @ $19.00
    Leishman @ $51.00
    $20.00 on each.

Good luck fellow golfing tragics and “long LIV the PGA”
    :D

H-BOMBER likes this post.

detonator said:

Brooks backflip. Reckon he thought I will get in early and get the cash. Watch some more follow suit. 

If the argument about staying with the PGA is to want to play against the “best” then for every defection of the top players the best “pool” is diminishing.
    :-B

Do you think he will be missed Det?
    Is another guy I don't like and has become a non winner anyway so he can fookrightoff imho :D
    From his perspective though it makes good sense if you can't beat the top guys anymore so whatever.
    Plus the "wag" might be making noises about the cashola tree drying up a bit...

Yes. Not a fan of Brooks. Comes across as an arrogant phuck.
    Chews tobacco on course and spits it out which I find disgusting.
    Although I laughed at that interview he did when Bryson was in the background....gold !!!
    =))

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

Rory out in front with JT Postan with an opening round of 62 to be 1 shot better than the chasing pack, lead by Xander Schauffele and Martin Laird at -7, then a host of others in cluding Cantlay at -6.

As Rory put it, "its nice to be out here making birdies after last week, this is the anti US Open, or US Open rehab, its nice"

As mentioned, this course will be opened up for scoring on the weekend. I think you'll need to shoot -19 or better to have a shot at winning.
    In the ladies, In Gee Chun has blasted the field open at the LPGA Championship with a record setting 5 shot lead after the first round carding a sizzling 64. 

She must be hard to catch. Ignoting her, the real lead id -3 and my girls are falling back early with my best Lydia KO at even, with both Minjee and Thitikal at +1. Jessica Korda played well but had a triple bogey 8 on the par 5 16th to finish +2 for the day. Outside of thatshe would be sitting pretty.
    Good luck blokes I ummed and ahh'd yesty, liked about five including in market order the four favs(and Spieth who was woeful), in the end i decided not to bet or watch this week, the up ALL nite watching is no good and if i'm on some guys i'll watch it gets a bit crazy.

Schauffele is going well looks well due for a win, I wondered if Rory who was 9 or 10 bucks could win again so soon I doubted this, though he is obviously well placed early and Scottie i thought could run a tad flat(watch him launch now)

Smith is not playing I see? Probably taking delivery of that GT3...

edited June 2022
    I totally agree with the sleep deprivation TS. My body clock doesn’t allow me to sleep thru when there is money at stake.
    Golf betting is not like a 1200m race at Flemington ie over in 1.09 mins. It is a 5 hour soul destroying roller coaster ride. Which Is not good in the early hours of Monday morning. Haha
    But In the words of Bon Jovi…..”I’ll sleep when I’m dead” @-)