In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 41 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    edited July 2022
    Yes TS…NRL. I usually only bet on State of Origin and the GF.
    My mate at work is a long suffering Balmain/West Tigers supporter who shares some opinions etc.
    I have tuned into a couple of their matches and know that they are crap.
    Watch the Matty Johns show occasionally which is really good. 
    Also every Thursday I listen to James Sully Sullivan on the Sports Daily on my way to work. (He is awesome IMHO) He alerted me to the fact that the Warriors were returning home for the first time in 1000 days and were playing the Tigers. That was the extent of my form analysis. Lol. :-B

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Herbert +4 through 9 holes and playing like a crab. Game over for him
    Nice work with JT Bomber. Great selection. Woke up and saw it was a comfortable win. 
    Checked his scorecard and noticed he birdied the first 3 holes which is what you dream about when you have a 54 hole lead. 
    When I checked the leaderboard this morning I saw the South African flag in equal 2nd. Instantly knew it was Bez.
    I had my only head to head round bet of the tourney on him at $1.90 against Cam Davies of Oz.
    Little bit of cream on the cake for the John Deere.:D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    Yep well done.
    I copped the early action Denny was plodding +1 early doors and JT as mentioned off to a flying -3 after 3, thought then she's all over redrover.

Update +166.4

Winner +64.7

Season +227.1

:-B
    Double treat this week with the Barbasol in the US and the Scottish Open in Scotland. Each tournament has reciprocal rights with the winners going through to the Open next week. Maybe even the top 3 unqualified.

The Scottish Open is absolutely heaving with talent. Will have a strength of filed rating similar to a major, if not more.

And if that's not enough, a pretty stacked field goes off shortly in the JPMcManus ProAm which features Tiger, Rory, Spieth, Scheffler etc etc. A weird event every 5 or so years and raises money for charity. Stroke play over 36 holes.
    So are these guys then off to the Scottish Open surely not?

H-BOMBER said:

Herbert +4 through 9 holes and playing like a crab. Game over for him

Proceeded to go -6 through the next 8 holes on the back 9!! Of only he started that way might've won the tournament, all spoils to the winner though who was too solid on the end. Special mention Ryan Fox who again gets pipped at the post after shooting an -8 under 64 with a bogey on the last to miss by 2 shots. Definitely the euro version of Scheffler before he started winning everything
    Here we go. A big week in golf before arguably the biggest golf week of the year.

After last weeks success, opening the shoulders here and putting the foot on the throat to try and capitalise my position for the golfing season. +227.1 units this year and I going to launch this week with 50 units. Going to play 25 units in the Scottish Open, 10 units in the Barbasol Championship and 15.75 units across the tournament doubles. Lets get into it

2022 Genesis Scottish Open at the Rennaisance Club. Was won last year by Min Woo Lee at 350-1 however this year, the strength of field rating has never been higher at around 650, making it the 5th best strength of field for the year with 14 of the top 15 players in the world here competing (No Rory). Shortish at ~7200 yards, the model seems to point to blokes who have elite approach and tee to green stats. Im playing 5 guys outright for this tournament and am leaving out Rahm and Justin Thomas from outright betting. Unfortunately at their prices it makes it hard to eek out a decent arbitrage result, so will be playing those guys in doubles only, to cover. For the record, they both rate very highly and are favorites for a reson.

My guys in odds order

Scottie Scheffler $13 - Has won 2 out of the 5 highest rated tournaments for the year and contiues to excel in every statistical metric. Even in his last 6 tournaments, his worst attribute has been hi putting, losing a stroke to the field. But in saying that, he has a win and a few seconds in there, plus some strong showings at the majors. His elite game is perfect for links golf and last year finished in the top 10 when he was literally a nobody. 

Xander Schauffele $19 - Ive come around to the X man. He is in wonderful form, winning his last start and twice for the season. He opened with a 64 in the JP MacManus Pro AM, which mightnt mean much but still you have to go out and shoot it. Tells me his game is in a good spot.

Matthew Fitzpatrick $23 - Won the US Open last start and lost in a playoff last year and is still $23. Its a prime opportuinty to get in on a player who is still underrated in a field like this. In my opinion, he should be low teens in the betting and we are getting a price here, for one of the most grinding, in tune players on the tour. Back in the UK as a major champion, he'll be primed to the minute for the next two weeks.

Will Zalatoris $29 - Old mate "Majors" Zalatoris will perform here, garaunteed. While this isnt technically a major, the strength of field gravitates Big Willy to elite ball strking and tee to green metrics. He is a big game hunter and a win in the next two weeks would not suprise one bit. The putter continues to be shaky within 5 feet, but outside of this he has become one of the best.

Cameron Young $56 - One of my favorites and will contiue to pile into this guy. He is ranked #2 behind Rahm off the tee and if he keeps in out of the bunkers on those wide and flatish fairways he will go along way to winning this tournament at a good price again.

Play these 5 blokes at an arbitrage price of $4.44. Playing 15 units for 66.5 returned.

Having a crack at the first round leaders again and have included John Rahm ($23) and Justin Thomas ($26) as well. The 5 guys mentioned above in order are $26, $34, $34, $41 and $67. So playing these 7 blokes at the prices on Tabtouch will get you and arbitrage price of $4.58. 10 units out here for a healthy 45.77 returned.

As mentioned, will play these 7 guys in a doubles bet with the Barbasol championship. 

detonator likes this post.

At the Barbasol, its a much lower key event like last weeks John Deere. While we say that though, there are some nuggets in the rough Ive found from the John Deere.

Chris Gotterup $17 - Excellent week last week to finish in the top 5. A future star of the PGA andwhile he is now $17 instead of $126 this week, he can consolidate that top 5 with a win here.

Chesson Hadley $41 - 4 rounds in the 60s last week and he was my black booker form the week before. He performed admirably finishing in the top 10 at $151 and there is no reason he cant replicate the same play and get a W after a long period of time. This is a great set up for him and at this time of year can perfomr when the cream is in the UK.

Michael Gligic $51 - Fast finisher last week and is my black booker this week. Also finsihed Top 10 next to Chesson and the canadian can figure again this week in a week field. 

Just the 3 plays will get you an arbitrage of a healthy $9.78 for any result. 10 units out here for 97.8 back

No FRL here this week and have gone the more risk, more reward play of the doubles between the two tournaments. 
    The doubles are as follows

Rahm 10 Gotterup 17
    Scheffler 12 Chesson 41
    JT 12 Gligic 51
    Xander 17
    Fitzpatrick 26
    Zalatoris 21
    Cam Young 51

0.75 units per combo (21 combos) makes a 15.75 unit play on this. The lowest collect is 140 units (Rahm/Gotterup) and the best collect is Cam Young/Gligic at 2142 units returned $-)

LFG
    As mentioned, year is at +227.1 units

This week -50.75 units

Overall at +176.35 with over 50 in play!

Good luck and lets step on some necks!
    H-BOMBER said:

2022 Genesis Scottish Open at the Rennaisance Club. Was won last year by Min Woo Lee at 350-1 however this year, the strength of field rating has never been higher at around 650, making it the 5th best strength of field for the year with 14 of the top 15 players in the world here competing (No Rory). 
    Fact: Will Zalatoris has played in 7 events with a strength of field at 550 or better this season. He has a top 6 or better finish in 5 of them and has finished outright second on the two hardest tests this year, The PGA and the US Open. The Scottish Open SOF is 649.

#biggamehunter
    Fresh from making a profit on golf the last two weeks I am going for a 3 peat.
    Rahm @ $13.00
    Xander @ $21.00
    Speith @ $34.00
    Herbert @ $56.00
    $20.00 on each.
    Be nice to watch the golf in normal time instead of American time. 
    Plus Wimbledon as well. I will have square eyes from watching the box by Monday.
    Good luck “Golf Heads”.
    :-B

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Good luck fellas I was in the gunna camp(but too indecisive)also was going to have a spec on Min Lee but nah I'll watch this week.

Will be watching Morikawa for next week think he's one I'll back in the big show.
    Watched a chunk of golf last night. Saw Fitzpatrick’s ball buried in the bunker at about an angle of about 2.00 o’clock to the front lip. Casually just steps up blasts it to get it away from the lip for his next shot. Makes bogey but could have been worse. Struck me how little prep time he took to unbury it.

Had a decent bet pre tourney for Lucas Herbert to make the cut at $1.50. Would be feeling a little more comfortable if he hadn’t bogeyed the last hole. Arrrrgh.
    Teeing off in the afternoon session so not feeling super confident. 
    Hoping his left ear that sticks out at right angle gives him an advantage with analysing the wind speed and direction.. Haha.[-O<
    edited July 2022
    Haha det re Herbert ear

I don't want to be a negative prick, but it seems all my investments are destined for le toilet

In Scotland, disappointed by Scheffler. He struggled on the greens with was his chink in the armory I eluded to. And now he is off in the arvo groups I think he is dead. Most of my other blokes battled the afternoon conditions, which in hind sight it was sloppy of me not to take more consideration of this. In saying that, the leaderboard suggests I wouldn't have found a Tringale or Woodland anyway.

Not much better at Barbasol. Gligic fought back gamely to finish at -3 after stumbling early. Favorite Gotterup shat the bed Bradley and looks to miss the cut at +4 while Hadley was looking good with a birdie on the first only to give plenty back and then rally late to be -1. The leader is at -10!!
    edited July 2022
    detonator said:

Watched a chunk of golf last night. Saw Fitzpatrick’s ball buried in the bunker at about an angle of about 2.00 o’clock to the front lip. Casually just steps up blasts it to get it away from the lip for his next shot. Makes bogey but could have been worse. Struck me how little prep time he took to unbury it.

Had a decent bet pre tourney for Lucas Herbert to make the cut at $1.50. Would be feeling a little more comfortable if he hadn’t bogeyed the last hole. Arrrrgh.
    Teeing off in the afternoon session so not feeling super confident. 
    Hoping his left ear that sticks out at right angle gives him an advantage with analysing the wind speed and direction.. Haha.[-O<

If successful go all up the Blues..and some of it @13+ margin.Always beware the wounded maroon but they will get done maybe even pumped again.
    I'm guessing with this covid bullshit Nsw's odds have shortened(or will).

Didn't know that about Herbies ears haha.

As for some performances a few have been pretty average i think Morikawa was well behind the cut line..Lee pisspoor ditto Young in fact he wins the shiteffortoftheweek award.
    Did notice at the end of round 1 six of the ten Saffers were in decent shape and under par, haven't really revisited where their at today so far though I did notice Harding had progressed to -6.
    MAY have an in the run bet on one of those guys tomoz.
    Old “wing nut” 4 putts the par 5 16th from 25ft for his 2nd bogey in a row. Getting nervous. :-SS
    Wing nut the ***t finishes bogey bogey par double bogey bogey to miss the cut by one shot the phuckin a***hole. :-&

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER dislikes this post.

The first two rounds in the Scottish Open for me is why I love this game. The best in the world fighting tooth and nail to score on a course, that looks benign on TV but is an absolute monster in the conditions on the highlands coast.

Rounds of the day go to two of my guys thankfully. Matty Fitz killed it in round 2 and if it weren't for 2 late bogies would be running outright 2nd after starting the day in 52nd. Similarly Xman Schauffele played 1 stroke better than Fitz and they both now sit T4 at -3. Very happy to have these guys going into the weekend. As for the others on my card, they struggled big time and have all missed the cut. Most notable was Shceffler who just couldnt get it going. JT gave up at the the turn while Cam Young was never in it. I have Rahm on my doubles but not outright, so am semi cheering him on of the others faulter.

Barbasol a diffenrt story. Fog delayed the start of play and both Gligic and Gotterup both will have to finish tomorrow after only getting through 5 holes. Encouraging is the fact that they are both -3 and -2 already on their days and hopefully it continues for them to make the cut. Chesson sits at -7 after going off early and sits 7 back. This is around where the cutline will be so do gets crossed
    Both Gotterup and Gligic have short birdie putts on their respective greens as well ....
    Well 3 rounds down in Scotland and the X man is now 2 ahead at -7 ahead of Spaniard Rafa Cabrero Bello. An even day by Fitzpatrick with an even round to stay at -3.

Bigtime X sweat overnight, c'mon!

Over in the Barbasol, Gligic shot a flawless 63 in round 2 and only got 5 holes in for the third round before play was suspended again. He is only 4 behind now at -13 against leader McGreavy at -17.

Oh the X man/Gligic double would make my golf betting year [-O<
    edited July 2022
    Good luck with your double Bomber. I will be cheering hard for one of them at least.
    Put my regular $40.00 “bonus bet” on Xander after the 2nd round and got $5.50.
    Speith is still about a 10% better result for me overall, but as I am a team player I am with Xander.
    No laying off this week either.[-O<

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Rahm has lost the plot. It'll be hard not to bet him though next week....
    H-BOMBER said:

Rahm has lost the plot. It'll be hard not to bet him though next week....

Yes.Dropped the “F” bomb twice on Friday nights coverage. Doesn’t appear to be in a good head space.
    I wish you blokes the best of luck X man looks in a good place may that continue for y'all.

detonator likes this post.

Bloody Gligic, misses a 4 footer for birdie to go to -14 then proceeds to go triple bogey to fall back to -10 and looks dead. Still it's only the third round
    X marks the spot  =D>
    Bang, X gets it's done in Scotland.

I went to bed after the bogies on 6 and 7, I'd given up hope. I see he went to bogey 9 and was (1 through nine holes and then had the two birds and a bogey on the last to win by 1 shot....it looks as though conditions got a little more hairy on the back nine for most as at the time of going to bed blokes like Cantlay, Fleetwood, Kitayama we're all on -5 with holes remaining. Schauffele continues a run of blokes getting multiple wins of the year and has to be a massive show this week in the Open.

Unfortunately Gligic killed his chances with a triple on hole 10 in round 3 followed by a double on the last to finish round 3 at -11, 11 behind leader. -25 ended up being the winning score by Trey Mullinax in a birdie fest. Gligic was definitely in contention till the triple buy faulted killing my outright and doubles hopes!

Still, 66.5 units jump in thanks to the X factor and that makes him an autobet again this week.