In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 10 Non Members

Pike v Moreira-The race to 100 winners 3.0, The Thrillogy

West Australian Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    spinking said:

The Pontiff has gone 55 rides without a winner. Kramer what obvious agenda would that be that the stewards have against Pike when in this case he pleaded guilty

He's copped  three near consecutive suspensions when I doubt he's had three in almost as many seasons. He's only just returned from being suspended for holding his whip out-that was excessive even if he has been warned previously. How many times previously but how many times has Harvey been 'cautioned'  for dropping his hands and missing 4th place? They are looking for any excuse to put him on the sidelines.
  • spinkingspinking    3,758 posts
    Kramer he pleaded guilty. maybe he is looking for any excuses to put himself on the sidelines.Just becuase he is Wiily Pike doesnt exempt him from the findings of the stewards. Out of the last 3 suspensions you talk about how many has he appealed?
    @spinking Do you think the 19-day suspension for holding his whip out was excessive when the action was neither reckless or dangerous and had no impact on the outcome of the race? Keep in mind that Douglas Whyte got a month for his 'error' in a Group 1 race.
    Its irrelevant if i think its excessive or not and another issue which really has nothing to do with you suggesting the stewards have a agenda against him. even though he had been repeatadley  warned about it , The D.Wyte  affair has nothing to do with this apart from your comparasion in sentence. I also think i asked you a question in my previous post TRK  you dont as yet seem to have answered 
    My point is if he's got a recent suspension it affects the severity of any future penalty.They will keep suspending him until he gets whatever message they are trying to send.Was he suspended at any stage last season when he broke the record? There's no way he could have ridden that number of winners without treading a fine line between competitive and reckless.
    Did he deserve to be suspended for his ride yesterday if it was turner carbery whiting would have they not been suspended for the same thing you are trying to defend the undefencable
    edited February 2017
    Moreira 97 (24%)
    Lloyd 93 (25%)
    Pike 64(27%)
    Purton 52(16%)
    Nash 29 (14%)
    Clipperton 24(9%)
    edited February 2017
    @spinking Absolutely he deserved to be suspended but he's going to ride aggressively if he's been sitting on the sidelines not earning an income for an extended period of time. The whip thing was bogus-I'm not even going to debate that. Last season the stewards did less than nothing now all of a sudden they are alert to every borderline racing incident? It seems very convenient.
    Moreira 97 (24%)
    Lloyd 93 (25%)
    Pike 64(27%)
    Purton 51(16%)
    Nash 29 (14%)
    Clipperton 24(9%)
    Kramer between you and me I don't reckon the little fella would feel the pinch financially sitting on the boundary for a little while
    edited February 2017
    He's making more money than anyone else but maybe he's become accustomed to that. He's going to end up missing between 10-20% of the season and he'll be pushing it to even ride 100 metro winners.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

Did he deserve to be suspended for his ride yesterday if it was turner carbery whiting would have they not been suspended for the same thing you are trying to defend the undefencable

No chance as none of them take tight runs there just a number of riders in WA that don't like it in tight
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts

He's making more money than anyone else but maybe he's become accustomed to that. He's going to end up missing between 10-20% of the season and he'll be pushing it to even ride 100 metro winners.

He will ride a 100 metro no problems
    Moreira 97 (24%)
    Lloyd 94 (25%)
    Pike 64(27%)
    Purton 51(16%)
    Nash 29 (14%)
    Clipperton 24(9%)
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,271 posts
    Game set and match Moreira

jum, spinking likes this post.

Moreira 100 (24%)
    Lloyd 94 (25%)
    Pike 64(27%)
    Purton 54(16%)
    Nash 29 (14%)
    Clipperton 25(9%)
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited February 2017
    Joao Moreira lowers his own mark as the fastest jockey in HK to 100 wins in a season. This year - race 441. Last year was 462.

Continues to set new marks in the most competitive racing precinct in the world.

spinking likes this post.

On target to beat last seasons 168 wins.

39 meetings remaining.

Is 200 wins a possibilty?

Moreira continues to stink it up getting rolled on favs left right and centre

Just the one winner for Moreira as he continues to struggle and refuses to recognise bias. 

Joao is back to being voodoo again after failing to repel the Aussie rider 'bias'. He finished the day with a pathetic solitary victory from his full book of rides. Perhaps he should consider that possible vacancy at Godolphin? Clearly there is something in the water here.

The Brazilian labradoodle ironically demonstrated he has no mongrel  in him nor the appetite for the rough stuff as he and Neil Callan competed for a rails run in the home straight in race 6. Not since Will Ferrell practiced Capoeira in the film Get Hard, has Brazilian masculinity been dealt such a devastating blow.

'Tis the season to be jolly and nothing makes me happier than waking up to find Mr Voodoo himself beaten on six-that's right, SIX favs last night at Happy Valley. But in the spirit of Christmas I will only count the four that were of odds less than 2-1. See, I'm not such a bad guy...   >:)

Blokes a freak creditable mention must go to Lloyd 
    Joao show today in HK

3 from 3 and more to come.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    and again. Sits on them okay.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited March 2017
    The HK record at one meeting is 6 (Whyte, Prebble, Moreira twice - tied).

No ride in race 5, six rides to go.
    Freak show.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    That winner for Moreira drew 14 in a field of fourteen. Thought surely can't guide this one home.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,271 posts
    5 from 5 rides thus far haha. Not bad
    6 for the day, 3 races to go.