G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Well they make a comment on an item but dont say anything!!!! Anyone who generates/promotes a subject of interest, and doesn't close it out does the same..These guys do it all the time.

And No GaryH........It'd take a weird banana bender to make that assertion from my post ;-)
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
      What I meant, is that I'd rather wait for 'official' information from either party over making a conclusion from what has been presented here, and other social media.

I can sit back and see both sides of the situation.

RWWA cannot come out and make a media release if a) Danny has not submitted his resignation, and b) his medical records are not for all and sundry to see.

From what I can see;

a)  Danny went to his normal doctor and did his medical.  This was submitted to RWWA
    b)  The RWWA doctor reviewed the medical, and called him in on the Friday.
    c)  RWWA doctor said 'you are stood down'  (Read "NOT retired, just can't ride till this item is resolved")
    d)  'sh!t hits fan'
    e)  Brad Lewis makes call to Danny to come in and discuss his future
    f)  Danny is p!ssed at this stage, and says no.
    g)  SJW's bleat on internet.  Here we go.
    h)  Meeting held between parties where no one agrees on outcome.
    i)  Because no information is disseminated to the aggrieved keyboard warriors, bleat to the forum again.

As far as I 'know' at this point, Danny has NOT retired, or forced to retire.  If he can get his medical condition under control to the satisfaction of the RWWA doctor, he may be able to ride again.  If not, he and RWWA should work out the best way of celebrating his career.

But jumping on here compalianing that "I'm not being told how things are going" is narcissistic to an extreme.  Danny should be the one that controls the official release of information?

How about we just wait until both parties are ready to release a statement as to where it has to go from here?

I need to get back to the banana's, and watching my horse run third tomorrow.  :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hahaha.....my understanding is that several of those steps are no quite right.... And bleating on here is what here is for at times.

Having his license suspended is very similar to being forced to retire.

When you read the many comments on here - and/or other social media platforms - it is rather clear that the decision isn't the major problem. The way it was done by RWWA - different to how you have written it - is the problem. And only RWWA can resolve that. And after about 5 weeks they still haven't.

SKIDS likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Exactly right Rio.

The handling of the situation by RWWA reminds me of when I was 6, trying to come up with a **** excuse for burning the cowboys fort down and half the bush in East Kambalda.

Whoever thought what they were doing was a smart way about things, has **** for brains!
  • udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    No updates?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    been and gone the RWWA way. Keep quiet and all is forgotten

Desperado, detonator likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    good to see the great man at Pinjarra on Thursday. 

jpg
    jpg
    dasher at pinny.jpg

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,454 posts
    I Reckon they should name the new
    Grandstand refurbishment
    After him if it ever happens
    If not something like that in his honour
    True Old School Gentleman of the Turf.
    ????

jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    rename the van heemst to the dasher stakes. 

RIO, VillageKid, thefalcon, Chelsea, DamienWyer likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    ^^ not as far-fetched as it sounds.
    the fact is, the name van heemst must be obliterated from this time honoured race.
    I want to know who proposed it and who rubber stamped it...all within a nano second of his "retirement".
    don't tell me he did.....
    X(

Chelsea likes this post.

Disgraceful
    Disgraceful
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,681 posts
    I spent the afternoon with Danny & Wendy doing a photo shoot of Danny that will be published on his and my facebook/instagram pages in the next day or so, but here is just one of the many from today.

When it is finalised, I will post a link
    jpg
    jpg
    11 (1 of 1).jpg
    9M
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    unlike most professional photographers out there Damo, you do not utilize photoshop often if ever?
    hash said:

unlike most professional photographers out there Damo, you do not utilize photoshop often if ever?

I do own Photoshop, but I have used it only once as far as I can remember. That was to remove an object in a image that just didn't work once I got it on the large screen of the computer. That being said, Photoshop is a powerful tool for Photographers and I like what I have seen others do, but only to a point. My preferred software is Lightroom as you can use just a little to enhance an image without overpowering or you can completely change the look and feel if you want. Importantly, capturing the image in the first instance in the way you want to finally show it, is the most important rule to my mind about any software.
    A couple more from yesterday's shoot. I have to say that Danny was great fun to work with and very open to ideas. In some of the shots to come. a tremendous amount of emotion is laid bare to see. I still struggle to understand how this retirement could have been handled so poorly.

For now here are a couple of happy shots
    jpg
    jpg
    6a Danny (1 of 1).jpg
    3M
    jpg
    jpg
    10 Danny (1 of 1).jpg
    6M
    edited October 2018

Today we
    embark on another exciting season of thoroughbred racing at headquarters, Ascot.
    The day will have significance for many in Perth who contribute to the fabric
    of thoroughbred racing. One person who will have mixed emotions will be
    recently retired Jockey, Danny Miller.

This day
    comes for almost everyone. The day when we say to ourselves that it is time, time
    to retire. The difference for most people is that they get that opportunity to
    choose that moment.  Most people would
    think it regrettable that someone else got to make that decision, then informed
    you. When you’re a public profile person, these decisions are by their very
    nature not private, as they are in the public domain.

What I find
    distressing for Danny Miller, is that being a loyal servant to the Racing
    Industry for over five decades, having conducted himself with honor, passion
    and commitment, that it counted for little when these decisions were being
    made. The Industry that he had devoted his entire life to, cast him aside with
    little thanks or respect for his body of work and his faithful service to his
    vocation and to those who followed in his footsteps.  His career should have been a moment to pause
    and say thanks. Many would have welcomed that opportunity at Ascot.

Racing needs people of the calibre of Danny
    Miller. The Racing Industry needs to be better than this.
    jpg
    jpg
    2b.jpg
    3M
  • DesperadoDesperado    119 posts

“The concept of an official ‘race-riding farewell’ was initially declined by Danny and his family. That offer has remained open, however, is subject to agreement from the Miller family, which RWWA awaits advice on,” RWWA general manager of racing Charlotte Mills said.

Miller just wants to ride horses. Period. But lately his rides have been on tractors at Oakford. And every so often, he puts his foot down. Just to feel the power of the motor one more time.

Seriously if RWWA did make this statement the integrity department need to step in and investigate who is telling the lies within them selves.
    I'm quite sure if Danny had the opportunity to ride in a race again tomorrow he would jump at the chance.