In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

Guineas, Railway, Winterbottom and Kingston Town weights

West Australian Racing

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited November 2016

unsure but one thing I do know is that it's got the most under-rated jockey in the country riding it

I've used my powerplay today on ;) & a Nod - the 20's was to juicy to knock back 

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    hash, I have a feeling that the old mare is tired of racing and is maybe getting a bit clucky...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts

Can someone with more knowledge about NZ racing, tell me what how these NZ Grp1 races that Kawi has run in and won actually measure up to our Group 1 races

Given the total prizemoney is under 200k, it doesn't seem that great.
    Kawi has won $891,000

thefalcon likes this post.

looking at some of the UK/Irish horses here for carnival, their prize monies look a bit light on.

maybe we are just lucky we have such great prize money....every sat. race in Sydney is worth $100k.

\m/
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    edited November 2016
    H-BOMBER said:

Can someone with more knowledge about NZ racing, tell me what how these NZ Grp1 races that Kawi has run in and won actually measure up to our Group 1 races

Given the total prizemoney is under 200k, it doesn't seem that great.
    Kawi has won $891,000

Cheers H....what I was eluding to though is how would those G1 races be compared against Australian G1 races, given total stakes for the G1's that Kawi has recently won, were only worth 187k total stakes.

In Australia, not sure a G1 can have that lower a stake, correct?

H-BOMBER, frenc11 likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Joe Pride on twitter saying Terravista definitely going across for the Winterbottom.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    tried to have a 3 leg multi with Tabtouch - Wiinterbottom, Railway , KT
    Multi Bet Enquiry Failed. Multibet must contain no more than 2 Feature Racing legs.
    [-(

Bucks likes this post.

therealkramer, LuckyLongshots dislikes this post.

edited November 2016
    @legless What about sportsbet/crown bet? They took plenty of multis with the final leg being the melb cup...if you can believe them :-?
    edited November 2016

:-? will have a squizz TRK *-:)

Would think Tabtouch would allow Multi's on 3 x $1m races in their own back yard -

Might donate a sheckle or 2 on

Terravista
    Liten In My Veins
    Kawi

at around 650/1  [-O<

EDIT - pisspoor odds at Sportsbet :-w
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    Surely Michael Walker could have close to a full book of rides at Flemington tomorrow very interesting that he is flying over just for the one ride !!

hash likes this post.

edited November 2016
    @Jordan But if he wins he'll get slugged with even more weight than he was getting for the Railway. He's probably going to get a hefty impost anyway but if he comes out and blows them away it's not going to help. Conservatorium won this race three years ago and then the Scahill Stakes but both of those were at WFA-he didn't really threaten in the Railway.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Legless said:

tried to have a 3 leg multi with Tabtouch - Wiinterbottom, Railway , KT
    Multi Bet Enquiry Failed. Multibet must contain no more than 2 Feature Racing legs.
    [-(

I had $10 on sauls special in guineas into disposition in railway into hellbent in winterbottom for 11K
    Then find out hellbent not coming. :((

RIO, Legless likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Mine was with William hill
  • JustanLJustanL    356 posts
    Price just confirmed Lankin Rupee heads to Winterbottom after today's run.
    JustanL said:

Price just confirmed Lankin Rupee heads to Winterbottom after today's run.

Big chance, but if Speith came he'd have to be a chance as well on that closing sectional.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    dead Cert Beaten LLS...Rawiller looked like an Indian taxi driver in a traffic jam given a $100 tip to be somewhere in a hurry!!!
    edited November 2016
    tried to have Liten In My Veins today into itself in the Railway

[-X

Multi Bet Enquiry Failed. Feature race can only be combined with another feature race - (PR6 4).

Is that a good thing or not? - will know soon enough I suppose
    :-?
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,678 posts
    Legless said:

tried to have Liten In My Veins today into itself in the Railway

[-X

Multi Bet Enquiry Failed. Feature race can only be combined with another feature race - (PR6 4).

Is that a good thing or not? - will know soon enough I suppose
    :-?

maybe next year in The Railway

Legless likes this post.

bit inexperienced for the railway this year.......FRK will have him primed for 2017.

Legless likes this post.

edited November 2016
    PR had the weight advantage today - will have to see what the weights look like for the features, before writing off LIMV - these conditions today, could throw up some big results in the weeks to come if horses haven't handled the heat!

Legless likes this post.

Chocolate Holic will head towards the Peters Stakes next week?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2016
    Are bobs 3yos not as good as previous years? Usually has some live chances in the CF and Guineas but non of his really stick out, yet....

hash, RIO likes this post.

paraletic said:

Are bobs 3yos not as good as previous years? Usually has some live chances in the CF and Guineas but non of his really stick out, yet....

I'm told they aren't... so if you had one with a bit of ability that can run then you'd be quietly confident in the next coming months or so
    :-\" [-O<
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    hash said:

paraletic said:

I'm told they aren't... so if you had one with a bit of ability that can run then you'd be quietly confident in the next coming months or so
    :-\" [-O<
    His 3 yolds look better suited in the Autumn over further this year  doesnt seem to be any stars in his yards for 3 yolds his older horses look to have a strangle hold on the majors ,Heart Starter,Perfect Reflection ,Disposition ,Neverland ,Ideal Image ,State Solicitor ,Battle Hero ,Silverstream , and Grant and Alanas horse  Choclateholic  

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

what price Bob winning the big 3 and most of the other minor group/listed races?
  • sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    For You Falc , the big three, 25 beers to one...

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts
    id put a beer on that....

thefalcon likes this post.

Okay Bomber, We will make a day at the races and I'll pay up. or you will. .Good excuse to meet again.. Worth losing..

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

E/S horses will dominate the winterbottom (assuming that's not one of the big 3) 

KT, Perth Cup, Railway & Winterbottom, that's 4 according to my calculator

I thought the big 3 were the K/T R/W and the W/B

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.