G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

The Last @ Ascot 16/12

West Australian Racing

Comments

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    How about that ride of Mcgruddys yesterday on Durendal in all honesty he should get time for the most pathetic riding performance ever seen at Ascot that was laughable in a 4 horse race
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    he was victim of the small field syndrome, dungy...he was simple stymied..not a thing he could have done about it....rash action would have resulted in a holiday.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    thefalcon said:

he was victim of the small field syndrome, dungy...he was simple stymied..not a thing he could have done about it....rash action would have resulted in a holiday.

Could have eased and come around them Falc with have been the logical answer shouldn’t get lost in a 4 horse field mate that’s something young kids do having there first ride
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Riders rememember the horse well Cranky ticket trained by Sarah Searle .Ah for the days of old as you said would be looking forward to boxing day and the Australian derby.The east would send there best great days racing, what about JJ Millers record in the race outstanding.Para when do you start your grievance scroll should be interesting

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts

Just on yesterday's racing..look don't want to sound a negative nelly but was with a mate yesterday, he's what you would call the quintessential 'average punter' .. now even he said in his own words...'this is a terrible Ascot meeting' . Caught me by surprise.

Then talking of nostalgia thought of all the wonderful Christmas Carnivals Perth had with the influx of Eastern States horses and the strength of the Perth locals...a Derby , Karrakata Plate and Perth Cup to look forward to.

Those races and support races all around 14-16 horse fields.

Yesterday's meeting was a great example as to why admission to Perth Racing should be free.

I'll join in on the negativity. It was a horrible meeting but probably because I found nothing of value. I literally browsed the fields and I was so bored by them, that I forgot to even do my tips (:|

In all honesty though happens a couple of times a year in between some of our big race days. Just a bit of a hangover after the carnival. Like you said, still have the Perth Cup, Karrakata and Derby to look forward too
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    dungy said:

How about that ride of Mcgruddys yesterday on Durendal in all honesty he should get time for the most pathetic riding performance ever seen at Ascot that was laughable in a 4 horse race

And Volkoff plunged just before the off, welcome to the wild west!
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited December 2017
    paraletic said:

Can we make this the insult thread? Can you check with the lawyers @thediva @chris?

timing is perfect for this to be the festivus thread where we can air our grievances. Ive got alot of problems with you PTT'ers, and now u are going to hear about it........
    Ok. I'll kick off by having a go at he big kahuna, Bob Peters. I know he puts a lot of cash into the industry and I'm not knocking that but he's no Lloyd Williams, that's for sure. In the interview after the Scahill Stakes, he said Silverstream had 'tightened up' after the Railway yet she was supposed to run in the KT until a hoof abscess meant they had to wait a week. I don't think she gets a mile-even though she did place twice over 1600-1800m last summer. How else do you explain her return to form after winning the Northerly, Lee Steere before failing miserably in the Railway? Now there is talk about stepping up to the La Trice(1800m)? 
      As for State Solicitor going to the paddock-well he should have been there after the Winterbottom. Even the start before that was below par. It took the Scahill to know he was cooked? Bob must like his steak well done.

paraletic likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Yankee said:

dungy said:

And Volkoff plunged just before the off, welcome to the wild west!
    How did 'they' know that Pinball Wizard(r6) would be ridden so aggressively in front with no one to bother it? Ragazzo D'Oro's($4.5-$3.4) task was made a lot easier :)]
  • TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts

I’ll put my hand up and apologise for my comment, a few things have happened over the last few days and I vented my anger and frustration at something that happened years ago, no excuse.

Loved that horse Doctor Golly! 
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,677 posts
    How did everyone see the “Francesca” promotion? I’m told war has erupted in its wake
  • chocchoc    788 posts

How did everyone see the “Francesca” promotion? I’m told war has erupted in its wake

What was the “war”?
    Other than many feeling that for the most part, she seemed content to just stay put in the marquee only.