In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 46 Non Members

MORE WA JOCKEYS AND TRAINERS DURING 1950S-1970S

West Australian Racing

Comments

• DesperadoDesperado    119 posts
    Voodoo said:

A bit later than the 70's , but there was a rush of female apprentice, think 2 of the more prominent were Lisa Harris & Lind Martin, what ever happened to them. Paula Wagg, Marilyn Fagan & Irene Pateman jumped from Powder Puff derby's to fully fledged Jockeys back in that era, would have been a massive jump

I think Lisa Harris is a successful trainer in South Africa....remember seeing an interview and although older I believe it was the same person who was riding here.Used to be apprenticed to Paul Jordan I think.....

cheers
    Bruce Hyde Lisa was indentured to  
  • DesperadoDesperado    119 posts

I  remember a good horse called Kilcarnup  by Unidentified Sire from Unidentified Dam

Danny Duggan trained, His uncle Fred owned the horse.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    januaryjoe, i think widows boy was the 60's. i think it won 2 races at belmont on a cold, wet day.

januaryjoe likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    thefalcon said:

januaryjoe, i think widows boy was the 60's. i think it won 2 races at belmont on a cold, wet day.

Camelhair won 2 on a day, Bunny had backed it for plenty, it dropped the jock before the `1st and got away, Bunny said it's  got to run, so it ran and won, won the last that day too. Very very good judge was Bunny Hyde, John Wilson was the jock