G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members

AFL 2023

Sport

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    The build up and pressure from those PSA "fanboyz" dills that masquerade as football "experts" at The West around the likes of Chesser, Ginbey, Jamieson, Williams, Long  and co was relentless, and Ginbey aside, very deflating. They always hide behind the "close sources have made the comparison with [insert name of  previous super star of the game] as they interview his under 11's ex PSA coach and describe them by some over used cliche like "midfield bull", "running machine" or "super boot".  They did the same last year with some of the Freo kids, Erasmus and Amiss. Miles too much pressure, just let them play without all the extraneous hyperbole. Jamieson has been there 4 years and is doubtless a fine young fellow but buy a surfboard son and head to Margaret River. Ruck stocks look almost non existent, Big Nic possibly just an 8 game mascot ....for the next 2 years.... and Jamieson and Williams probably not there as yet, and whilst Homer may get the flick at some time down the track, Teflon Nisbett just keeps on avoiding any retribution. He could survive unscathed from a nuclear holocaust. It's not like you couldn't see the "rebuild" (whoops, not allowed to say that word) coming.

Manchild, oldhendo likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Geez. Gary Lyon didn’t miss the Eagles on the show “On the Couch” tonight.
    Tell you what is wrong with the Eagles. Too many kids…..and I am not talking about first year players. I am talking about babies. 
    We would have the most players with young kids in the AFL. And wives and girlfriends etc. The players have different priorities other than getting the hard ball. Every time I picked up the paper another one is having another kid or getting engaged. Phuck me.
    Gary was spot on re the Eagles. Rest Eagles he called them.
    Gone are the days of Mainy, Hart and Chris Lewis playing their best footy after getting out on the **** the night before. Now the players are singing lullabies to their kids to get them to sleep.

#-o

RIO likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    703 posts
    Homer has to go IMO, along with gaff & co 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    Whoever was the mastermind in what they paid for Tim Kelly has to go 

They paid massive overs - and with those beautiful high picks - Geel used them to get Jeremy Cameron ( joint best and fairest last year ) and that basically got the Cats that elusive flag 

I watched the Saints v Frem game - given the side StK had in - then if Frem were a genuine top 4 team then they should have won that by about 12 goals  . StK i thought were deplorable to 3 qtr time - but then completely overan the Dockers - that last qtr was just 1 way traffic 

Ifelt sorry for Nat Fyffe - he has been a tremendous player - but with the injuries hes had - he looked way short of general footbal lcapability in that game - hopefully continuity of games and he might rapidly improve 

Serong and Brayshaw their youngish midfielders - they are not big bodied - and they are not overly quick - i dont think they are as good as people make out 

With Coll - Melb - Rich - Geel to name just 4 -  Dockers have to overcome them to win a flag - for mine they havent got the A Grade talent to do it . I have allways been a value punter - even if they put up $51 about Frem for the Premiership - id have no interest in it

RIO likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Bradshaw was a couple of votes off Brownlow last year. Fair to call him an “A Grader”. In actual fact he looks very much like Trent Cotchin at the same age build, speed and playing wise.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts

Saints very good, RTB rubbing his hands together to get a fit side.
    Freo very rusty but I reckon coach was even worse, he got a lesson.
    Got belted in the middle and forward line was a mess.

Saints very good?? That’s hilarious, any decent team absolutely open them up. They conceded 65 inside 50’s to a team that fundamentally went sideways.

Considering they had half their side out and still won,,, they were very good.
    One has nothing to do with the other. They were horrendous. It just highlights how insipid Freo were.

The Jackson deal will kill that footy clubs chance of the ultimate success. T Kelly MKII

RIO, Markovina likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Bradshaw was a couple of votes off Brownlow last year. Fair to call him an “A Grader”. In actual fact he looks very much like Trent Cotchin at the same age build, speed and playing wise.

fair call but he had that massive body of Mundy in there with him. They need that big body to keep the opposition off their talented mids.

Shame they have got the players to have an impact, but without Mundy and/or Fyfe in there to put pressure on the opposition.....they'll get hammered game after game this season
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Great to see the Tribunal has got off to a flyer managing to confuse and alienate everyone with another mystery bag of confusing calls.....and all in the first round. If what Pickett tried to do to Smith ain't worth 5 weeks, then we are all delusional and need to book into a home for the partially bewildered. and now Adelaide are appealing McAdams penalty? Seriously? Smoke and mirrors, that's all the AFL is, even on a good day. Total nonsense.

TheDiva, jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    tribunal a disgrace... but nothing has changed there. 
    buddy does the same head high shoulder charge every year... and gets a week every year. 

detonator likes this post.

Saints very good?? That’s hilarious, any decent team absolutely open them up. They conceded 65 inside 50’s to a team that fundamentally went sideways.

Considering they had half their side out and still won,,, they were very good.
    One has nothing to do with the other. They were horrendous. It just highlights how insipid Freo were.

The Jackson deal will kill that footy clubs chance of the ultimate success. T Kelly MKII

Just so I understand your saying Luke Jackson is no good.
    So let me get this straight. You play AFL. Get the best treatment before and after the game. During the week free massages. Get paid $500,000 per year for 15 years and at the end of it sue the AFL for another mill because of concussion symptoms ?. :-?

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

So let me get this straight. You play AFL. Get the best treatment before and after the game. During the week free massages. Get paid $500,000 per year for 15 years and at the end of it sue the AFL for another mill because of concussion symptoms ?. :-?

Spot on Deto...Some players really need to wake up and understand risk and reward life decisions.....THEY make.

No drama with them getting the help and support they need after their playing career is over - due to injuries in the work place - but to sue for damages!?!?!?! If that's the case, then cap their wages at the national average wage!!!!

jum, detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Just watching Carlton Geelong game. First game that ive watched this season. Everything else has just been highlights.

Both of these teams look ordinary...but both look like they would run rings around the Weagles based on Highlights i've seen of them!!!!!

I got a feeling we'll be a lock in for the bottom 4!!!

Unless these new guys start to bring a bit of magic and the old guys are sent back to WAFL or retirement...we could be there for a few years....based on how we played that first game..

Nic nat and Yeo coming back into the side...will do nothing to the end result!!!!

• PCPC    2,203 posts
    Reigning Premiers Geelong are 0-2 after the first two rounds of the season. Since 2000, the last time the reigning Premiers were 0-2 was Hawthorn in 2009. Hawthorn won the Premiership in 2008, and started the 2009 season at 0-2. Hawthorn didn't end up making the finals and finished 9th.

#CarltonVsGeelong #Round2 #MCG

#ThursdayNightFooty
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    loved JayJay's comment calling nic nat "an 8 game mascot"...... :))

did anyone see justin longmuir on ch7 last night? looked like he was half p*ssed, unsure what he was saying and to top it off was unshaved. poor bugger he's in for a hell of a year... if he can keep himself from a funny farm.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    There's going to be another power outage, in about 6 hours, at the MCG.
    Don't worry, the Pies will light the place up pretty quick.

freodockers, oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

Doing comedy now Skidmark ?(:|

Manchild likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    SKIDS said:

There's going to be another power outage, in about 6 hours, at the MCG.
    Don't worry, the Pies will light the place up pretty quick.

Only watched the trash time at the end of Q4,but they looked very comfortble....even though Port had been beaten up well before then.
  • oldhendooldhendo    765 posts
    Traveling nicely.  =D>

RIO likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    703 posts
    Freo Way to go?

RIO likes this post.

What a fuxkwit like I said no idea.
    Saints hilarious what a clown.
    They just belted WB.
    But I suppose their no good as well
    And btw Ross not a good coach

thefalcon likes this post.

Dont mind Nth Melb ( simply because of all the West Australians who played for them ) so i normally like to see the Kangaroos do ok

However overriding that now - is i cant stand their now senior coach in Clarkson - he is an utter priick in my opinion - and there was multiple shots of him on the boundary line today - you know - wheres that steel bucket and mop 

And why i say that - is i can remember that game in London where he ( and he was a complete  scrubber as a player ) broke that Carlton CHB  Ian Aitkens jaw with a king hit - then cowardly ran away - an absolute dog act - 

Biggest problem Frem have got - i dont know who is in charge of their weights program - but they are the lightest framed side ive seen - in their upper body and arms 

Most AFL teams - Nth Melb included - they are big strong powerfull blokes - built like Rugby League Centres - Freo in coontrast are so thin and light 
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited March 2023

What a fuxkwit like I said no idea.
    Saints hilarious what a clown.
    They just belted WB.
    But I suppose their no good as well
    And btw Ross not a good coach
    Good try but no cigar at deflecting.

You just lost to North Melbourne. At home. Again, just confirms how insipid you were last week. How’d Luke go tonight?

RIO likes this post.

On tonight’s performance I reckon Freo will be fighting with the Eagles for the wooden spoon.
    Standard of the game was awful. 
    Any chance Freo tall forwards take an overhead mark ? Jackson, Taberner were insipid.
    Clarkson went the early crow with his umpire mimicking on the boundary. Wasn’t smiling 5 mins later haha. But good to see personality.
    Those 2 sling tackles today, both players should get 3 weeks. Obviously not getting the message.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    After the eagles lost last week i thought well we'll be bottom 4 again this year.

But after the Dockers got toweled up at home by the same team...And the Dockers are going to win the flag this year, i'm now confident we'll see our first all West Australian Grand Final!!!! hahahaha

Or am i looking at the form wrong????? hahahaha

Dorkers will still make the top 8, but will not be competitive enough against the top teams to make the top 4...another opportunity for serious finals lost.
    RIO said:

After the eagles lost last week i thought well we'll be bottom 4 again this year.

But after the Dockers got toweled up at home by the same team...And the Dockers are going to win the flag this year, i'm now confident we'll see our first all West Australian Grand Final!!!! hahahaha

Dorkers will still make the top 8, but will not be competitive enough against the top teams to make the top 4...another opportunity for serious finals lost.
    Watch your secret nd game for the year did you Rio.
    RIO said:

Rio. The only 8 Fremantle have a chance at this year is the bottom 8. Their forward line is deplorable. And method kicking into the forward line is even worse.They sub out Taberner and bring on 5 foot nothing Walters and use him as a “high” ball target ??
    Clarkson had the winning game plan against Freo. Chip it around and deprive Freo of the ball for long periods Freo didn’t have the smarts to handle it. And apply lots of pressure when Freo did have it.
    Collingwood did that to them last year when Freo was up and about. Pressure around the ball won them the game. As did the Kangaroos last night.
  • oldhendooldhendo    765 posts
    Gee, we have the derby next week how action packed and exciting will that be.

;))

Manchild likes this post.

Fremantle have had a tough existence in the AFL - they were dealt extremely harsh cards when they 1st joined - Ian Collins admitted - they were se up to fail 

I use to buy the Melb Truth Newspaper - for the excellent gallops form guide - but Jack Dyer had a weekly football column in it - and i will never forget when Freo were about a year into the comp - he said - whatever success that football club  achieves it will thoroughly deserve it because they have been set up a million miles behind West Coast - they were his precise words - Frem wernt gifted 2 flags - by way of being given a state team 

So they have done it tough Frem - but watching their last 2 weeks - i reckon they are at absolute rock bottom- Fyffe their superstar is basically finished - they havent got much on the sidelines to bring in - Josh Carr their midfield coach went back to Port Ade - Joel Corey has now got that position - maybe that hasnt clicked 

But on Monday - i will be looking up their wooden spoon odds - because it looks very bleak for them at the moment

detonator, RIO likes this post.

oldhendo said:

Traveling nicely.  =D>

You were travelling nicely last year too when you got beat by a collection of part time WAFL players thrown together to make up the numbers so an actual game could be played and in Melbourne.
    But…..you are travelling nicely. Your premiership to lose. How’s that kiss of death. Haha. 
    Hot Pies !!!
    :D