G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2017
    Was just one solitary point after six races...finished with a second and a winner to nail it with six points. Came down to the final race and a tight photo...goes the other way and the $1.65 was confetti. Great ride in the lucky last .

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    And there you have the enigma of young Mr Lane.. Missed on 3 favourites and got an 8/1 shot home in the last.

Provided me with a great result again today. Back his favourites in the quinnies with the next best and back him to win in the first and last races...And he got the last home!!! Best result for a while to be honest.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Was just one solitary point after six races...finished with a second and a winner to nail it with six points. Came down to the final race and a tight photo...goes the other way and the $1.65 was confetti. Great ride in the lucky last .

$11 into $4 mind you they didn't miss.. and considering how the track was suiting leaders and this horse literally should have been the last one of the field tailed off in the run according to my speedmap, for it to sot handy behind the leader tells me they rode it accordingly and it paid off handsomely
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited January 2017
    Rating jockeys because of their success (or lack of) on favorites is one of the worst ways to rate a jockey and its one of the key reasons the successful pro punters win on the punt.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2017
    True. But when you're riding for Weir and Waller and you don't win you get replaced really quickly. 

RIO likes this post.

edited January 2017

True. But when you're riding for Weir and Waller and you don't win you get replaced really quickly.

Are you suggesting Lane won`t be riding for Weir?

Fastmoney said:

Waller makes a point of booking the best riders available and Weir and his owners are accustomed to success. There's only so many favs you can butcher without being relegated to riding the second stringers. He rides better on the longer priced runners anyway so it's probably a win-win. Craig Williams rode Hellbent last prep so he may try to get back on unless there's some reason why he wasn't riding it last Saturday
    edited January 2017
    Weirs runners in 2 and 3 today were ordinary, nothing to do with the ride.

Your ongoing assertion that because you get beat on a favorite, they have been butchered, is ludicrous.

Damien`s ongoing improvement is nothing short of remarkable (on target for his rides to earn $10m this season).

Then again you think Moreira`s success is based on his ability to ride at the minimum weight.
    @Fastmoney Hypothetical: You own Hellbent. You were happy with that ride?  
    edited January 2017
    Already explained what happened and what cost the horse the race.

Losing owners and punters are the worst people to decide whether a rider should retain a ride.

tony, Rex likes this post.

He put himself in that pocket behind a tiring horse before the whip was drawn. It was a low percentage move on a horse whose chances were better than the ride it was given. El Divino raced without cover the whole trip and still beat Hellbent. As I said earlier in this thread, the gap could just as easily have closed considering Lane was following a tiring horse. 

He can win the premiership but it doesn't change the fact that he appears to shrink under the pressure of better mounts.

edited January 2017
    Better mounts based on tote price?

Like Moreira?
    You're playing the man and not the ball again. You know very well Moreira gets a huge advantage by riding at weights that others can't. Purton knows that and he is at peace with it. 
    Just asking questions you don`t want to answer.
    Fastmoney said:

Fastmoney said:

Better mounts based on tote price?

Like Moreira?

I answered it quite clearly. Lane won't be on the better chances if he keeps getting beaten on them. If Weir has multiple runners, Lane wouldn't ride the fav. That was obvious, I'd have thought.

The Hellbent ride was a chop up job before the whip incident. If you can't see that stop wasting my time.

hash likes this post.

edited January 2017
    Had a recent discussion with a trainer who had his owners bag his jockeys ride.

He asked for my assessment on the ride which wasn`t typical of the horses race pattern.

I suggested that the jockey knew he couldn`t win riding to the usual pattern and chose to ride for luck which didn`t come off. Trainer agreed.

The owners wanted the jock sacked because they don`t understand racing. They may have good intentions but their ability to judge a good or bad ride is basically zero.

End result, trainer kept the jock on and horse won next start.

hash, Rex likes this post.

@fastmoney I don't know what that has to do with the Hellbent ride? A lot of punters would be very unhappy with the decisions Lane made. That doesn't make them wrong and your story about an unidentified horse in an unidentified race is irrelevant.

hash likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    trk..i was unhappy...He put that horse in the wrong spot and then rode it forward into the wrong spot. 2 errors in the one race on a red hot woudl have ahd me as an owner a bit cranky....But i wouldn't sack him, as I'd want him to ride it to win again next time, and i'd be really confident he wouldn't do that a second time

cisco likes this post.

edited February 2017
    You love him @RIO. No point denying it!  :x

RIO likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
    edited February 2017
    Riding at least four favs today at the provincials... $1.20 in the jockey challenge im going to have a specky quin on lane with melissa julius to upstage her senior and more favoured jocks and @ $16 i like the price.May have a saver on lane/meech @3.60 an ok price too..

*edit..prices must have been wrong?? went to place bets and lane/meech 1.60 and with julius under $5.. !! Amazeballs this mob...

RIO likes this post.

As per edit prices "plundered" so....aint playing Tab.. :-q

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yep i have Julius getting a few home as well

$4 quaddie 1/1.4/4/1.15

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    603 posts

Linda meech looks a massive chance to upset lane today. $8 is juicy indeed.

The $1.60 quinella for the two of them is short but it looks a monty. 

^^ early bonus 2 points on the 80/1 pop there @ Offthebit ;)

That was an unexpected bonus. She is in this contest up to her eyeballs now.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

If she happens get top 3 in the next and beat Lane home it's game on. Quinella looks good...but it's a journey!
    True @Riders ..also on a $1.65 pop in the next race, she is right in it for sure..

Geez its on like donkey kong now after the 2nd race. Long way to go.

Spot on about it being a journey riders. A lot of people reckon playing the quaddie is a journey. They obviously haven't played a jockey challenge...........

jum likes this post.

edited February 2017
    If they both run top three in the next will call the quinella home and hosed :-S
    Linda Meech no rides in final three races..needs to continue to make hay while the sun shines.