G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    Nothing bar a couple bad choices in the run cost her third place. Universal Major  his whole career go back over it .one of the most dangerous horses racing in w.a with its in the run antics it can pull up in front, run to infield run out, its had 16 race starts where has run in runout pulled up-- overraced etc., Jesse has just brought it ---, had for three starts ..has some ability but the tricks that come with it good luck.----Its first trainer olivieri  couldn't cure it.----case dismissed
  • MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    The wife of the trainer made a complaint  i cant even  fathom why the stewards even entertained her views.
    I hope she apologises to Miss Brown when she has nothing to answer to.
  • BetonmeBetonme    210 posts
    I can see how M Brown may of thought Sammy Strikes drags back in a small field. 
    Agree a couple things went against that made it look an ordinary drive, but was just bad luck. As for Universal Major, it did the same thing the run prior, dropped the bit. 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,900 posts
    Im Batman hey $1.25 favourite - i dont know who was more nervous at the start the horse or the driver - made a complete hash of the start - the driver didnt look comfortable for most of the race 

Why he didnt put on a top professional driver he only knows - eg Jayson Finnis Mark Billinger and the horse wins easily 

Part time drivers uggh
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Not sure anybody could have got him away on that type of behaviour, looks like he was resenting the bit maybe.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,732 posts
    Great to see Team Bond with a 2yr old Westbred 1st starter tomorrow that looks like its from the local sales. Hope it goes well for them.

savethegame, curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited February 2020
    To be fair.....Team Bonds  best ever pound for pound return probably came in the form of Dodolicious....their homebred westbred champion juvenile filly. Shift the incentive here largely to focus on Westbreds...(approx  weighting of programming of 60% of aged and 95 % juvenile races) and the local industry will follow....to everyones long term benefit after transition.

cisco, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

To be fair.....Team Bonds  best ever pound for pound return probably came in the form of Dodolicious....their homebred westbred champion juvenile filly. Shift the incentive here largely to focus on Westbreds...(approx  weighting of programming of 60% of aged and 95 % juvenile races) and the local industry will follow....to everyones long term benefit after transition.

The next thing I’d love to see is them keep any good mates here for future breeding but obviously that would be a very hard decision to make as a business

VillageKid likes this post.

• I will stand corrected but I am sure they had 4 or 5 foals drop this last breeding season too.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    Good tip thrown out by young Hayden King on Tab Radio this morning with RJ Bopper duly saluting at nice odds in Race 3 at GP.
    Congratulations to Mary Kulcsar on training the quinella in Race 2 at GP as well with Dwayne getting up at very nice odds for Emily and Count Matai finishing 2nd to him.
    Theres one for the record books at Redcliffe Trots tonight

A horse running in  race 2 - by the name of Weasel - a 13 year old - its had 306 starts for 24 wins

And the name of the race its contesting tonight " Congratulations Weasel  on your 200 start at Redcliffe Pace "

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Rob Watson looks to have another exciting horse - Soho Lanikai - a 2 year old having its 1st start in a feature premiere race at Melton - out of an interesting named USA mare - Obahama Joy 

There was a 1.20 favourite - who was shockingly impressive winning at Shepparton - didnt break 2 minutes and plodded home 30.7 final qtr - so i bet accordingly 

Watsons horse sat in the breeze over 1700 metres - went 1.54 - and won by a staggering 65.2 metres- went like an absolute machine in the last lap 

Very impressive debut - he might have another Soho Tribecta
  • JayJayJayJay    7,664 posts
    Lanikai is an Hawaiian word.....appropriate as Obama born there....well, not according to the Donald.... but it means "Heavenly Beach".....sire is Somebeachsomewhere. Good naming.
    Just having a look I see Leftrightgoodnight has an NR of 48. Surely another good example of a horse that should make his way over to SA for 3 months and cash in
    Interesting what they are doing at Mt Gambier trots tonight ( and apparently several greyhound meetings they have done it - and i know the basketball they do it ) and that is have a caller - calling them from a Sydney studio - eg Mark Macnamara calling Mt Gambier 

It will probably be the way to go in future - and for country meetings for an on course caller - i suppose they would just put on the audio from Sydney - broadcast it over the track - 

That doesnt look too good for aspiring race callers - the world is allways a changing 

JimmyPop likes this post.

• aussiebattleraussiebattler    282 posts
    Markovina said:

Interesting what they are doing at Mt Gambier trots tonight ( and apparently several greyhound meetings they have done it - and i know the basketball they do it ) and that is have a caller - calling them from a Sydney studio - eg Mark Macnamara calling Mt Gambier 

It will probably be the way to go in future - and for country meetings for an on course caller - i suppose they would just put on the audio from Sydney - broadcast it over the track - 

That doesnt look too good for aspiring race callers - the world is allways a changing 
    what happens oncourse delayed broadcast ? what if vision goes down 
    edited February 2020
    changes coming to ratings system ,don't know why the 70-120 still need -2 points off why not make it uniform at -1 

JayJay likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,841 posts
    Australian race callers have been calling French racing and trotting in English from a studio in London for years.
  • PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

Markovina said:

what happens oncourse delayed broadcast ? what if vision goes down 
    Not sure what the delay time is, but Sky is way behind real time when at a live meet & watching as well.on a phone
    I see the much travelled IM Batman won the 2nd race at Redcliffe today  - outside of the 2nd line - odds on again  - but this time with a top local professional driver on board - won easily

Again got into a low grade event well  - with the handicapping system

curmudgeon likes this post.

Markovina said:

I see the much travelled IM Batman won the 2nd race at Redcliffe today  - outside of the 2nd line - odds on again  - but this time with a top local professional driver on board - won easily

Again got into a low grade event well  - with the handicapping system
    Only way to fix the errors of the past is to start again - re-transition under a matrix that works 
    But good on him for making the trip over and give it a go best option under the current conditions 

curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I remember Phil Duggan as an amateur jockey bringing unraced gallopers from Leonora where he was working to Kalgoorlie and riding them in trials pre season. 
    Then he traveled from Kal to Perth with his first pacer and lead all the way in a qualy at its first start for him in town.
    A nice drive around Australia winning races with a horse crucified by the WA handicapping system but ironically pitchforked into the NR system ...initially at least..seems like a natural extension
  • RexRex    397 posts

I remember Phil Duggan as an amateur jockey bringing unraced gallopers from Leonora where he was working to Kalgoorlie and riding them in trials pre season. 

Then he traveled from Kal to Perth with his first pacer and lead all the way in a qualy at its first start for him in town.
    A nice drive around Australia winning races with a horse crucified by the WA handicapping system but ironically pitchforked into the NR system ...initially at least..seems like a natural extension
    Phil was a more than handy professional jockey as well before weight caught up with him.

curmudgeon likes this post.

Made 2004 inters with old war horse nats nifty. Sure he had leased  it of les poyser.-won 26 races with Callan Suvaljko.as reinsman.

VillageKid, JayJay, curmudgeon likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Won’t be long till universal major hurts someone.

Nothing bar a couple bad choices in the run cost her third place. Universal Major  his whole career go back over it .one of the most dangerous horses racing in w.a with its in the run antics it can pull up in front, run to infield run out, its had 16 race starts where has run in runout pulled up-- overraced etc., Jesse has just brought it ---, had for three starts ..has some ability but the tricks that come with it good luck.----Its first trainer olivieri  couldn't cure it.----case dismissed

I think Bailey Major can run a race in the 4th @Williams today, will be having an EW play
    The correlation Gary Hall (jnr) experienced in a fortnight  in  'Harness Racing  allowed him to experience being the KING OF SWING ----Hunter Cup.-------To  KING OF EXCRETION. Universal 
    Major.

Jess, ---don't ring me next start jess, just put me name down, at least I wont get knocked down. in the run'  (joke)
    Just watched a replay of the 1st race at Wedderburn today - amazing finish 

Horse in the death looked to have the upperhand - from the leader in the home straight - death seat horse  veered out - to about 4 cards wide - then its veered in - done a dodgem car act and absolutely smashed Greg Sugars drive - Sugars horse nearly ended up in a shed - his horse was going to run 2nd at worsrt - and has officially run  last . 

The" winner"  after poleaxing the other horse - actually benefited from that because it bounced back into a pace - which i dont think it would have

I didnt have a bet in the race - but  surely  " the winner " gets disqualified for doing that - you cant do that and keep the race - but once again Trotting has got no rules so it did keep the race