In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

AFL 2020

Sport

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited May 2020
    V'landys & Greenberg had all of last season to get the trainers off the field and did nothing. We saw what happened in the grand final. And now V'landys uses a Murdoch tabloid fan survey filled out by lifetime whingers as justification to change the rules around officiating? I'm not sure he's the right person to take the game forward unless that includes taking it back to the future? 
  • tonytony    2,375 posts
    Not sure how V'landys could have done anything last season when he did not become chairman until after the end of last season.

RIO likes this post.

edited May 2020
    tony said:

Not sure how V'landys could have done anything last season when he did not become chairman until after the end of last season.

He was on the board was he not? You really think he's the type to keep his mouth shut? He got rid of Greenberg in the midst of a pandemic ffs. It was a textbook power move-eliminate any threat to your authority and install your puppet. 
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Thought this was the AFL thread.

VillageKid, RIO likes this post.

Fair point @detonator. Seems like on 50% of you want the season back anyway :-??

RIO likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts

NRL back first. Broncos v Eels Thursday week <:-P

First or not, the NRL’s the poor cousin Kramer, I actually love the game but most don’t give a Faaark about it. That’s why about 8 people go to their games

:D :D

The Origin series and the NRL grand final are the top rating programs year in, year out. More bums on seats implies that people aren’t watching NRL if they aren’t actually at the game.
    Maybe in Sydney & Brisbane it is but the rest of the country could not give a flying fig about that rugby game for neanderthals!

detonator, spinking, RIO likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts

NRL back first. Broncos v Eels Thursday week <:-P

First or not, the NRL’s the poor cousin Kramer, I actually love the game but most don’t give a Faaark about it. That’s why about 8 people go to their games

:D :D

The Origin series and the NRL grand final are the top rating programs year in, year out. More bums on seats implies that people aren’t watching NRL if they aren’t actually at the game.
    Maybe in Sydney & Brisbane it is but the rest of the country could not give a flying fig about that rugby game for neanderthals!
    Well you were the one who quite correctly posted - that the current AFL product isnt a patch on what it was in the mid 80s - so i dont think the AFL have got an bragging rights at all at present . You could argue that the current hotch potch of a game called  AFL  - that it is an embarrassment to the country 

How many times in say the last 3 years ( when i actually followed AFL ) it would be a beautiful Sunday day weather wise - youd sit down to watch a game of AFL - however after about 6-7 minutes after it started - youd say to yourself - im not watching one more second of this shiit - i will go outside and do something pleasurable - and have actually read that David Parkin and Paul Harding ( Eagles flag ruckman ) say exactly the same thing
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Markovina its obvious where you allegiances lie . After posting that utter bull..it about Robert Smerdon and now potting the AFL.on any given weekend in Australia which game is supported more AFL or NRL
    See the Crows and Power have asked to be accommodated in separate hotels in the Gold Coast hub.
    Reckon someone needs to tell the Power that Riccuito doesn’t play anymore so a repeat of the Ramsgate is unlikely. 
    b-(
    edited May 2020
    spinking said:

Markovina its obvious where you allegiances lie . After posting that utter bull..it about Robert Smerdon and now potting the AFL.on any given weekend in Australia which game is supported more AFL or NRL

Four of the top five programs in Australia last year were NRL matches.

spinking said:

Would have been the AFL except everyone was at the stadiums watching it live.
    See....that is the difference. 
    =))

jum likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    C’mon Kramer don’t interrupt the Eagles Pies wankfest,u should know better :>

"Cheer, cheer the Red and the White..." :-\" \:D/

Cheer cheer the red and the white ???? Isn’t that St George ??? Wrong thread mate. That’s NRL. ;)
    detonator said:

Cheer cheer the red and the white ???? Isn’t that St George ??? Wrong thread mate. That’s NRL. ;)
    I watched them beat the Eagles on Epsom day, 2005.. They had a big screen at Randwick. It's amazing how quickly you learn the team song lyrics :\"> <:-P
    I watched it from some sleazy whore bar in Phuket.
    When Leo Barry took that mark and the final siren went, I didn’t hear the club song because the Boom Boom music went on and that is all I remember. 
    <:-P :D

jum, spinking, therealkramer likes this post.

detonator said:

I watched it from some sleazy whore bar in Phuket.

When Leo Barry took that mark and the final siren went, I didn’t hear the club song because the Boom Boom music went on and that is all I remember. 
    <:-P :D </p>

I have so many questions. Where do I start? @-) :-O

jum, detonator, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    That's all you wanted to remember Det
    spinking said:

That's all you wanted to remember Det

Yes Spin. Got to find ways to soften the blow. If you know what I mean. Lol
    Need to find similar therapies on most Saturday afternoons after a long f**ked day on the punt.
    :D

spinking, jum, Thunderstruck, therealkramer likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited May 2020
    Revised Fixtures for Rounds 2-5
    (all times are WST)

Round Two (June 11-14)
    Collingwood v Richmond, MCG, Thu 5:40
    Geelong v Hawthorn, Kardinia Park, Fri 5:50
    Brisbane v Fremantle, 'Gabba, Sat 11:45
    Carlton v Melbourne, Docklands, Sat 2:35
    Port Adelaide v Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Sat 5:40
    Gold Coast v West Coast, Carrara, Sat 5:40
    GWS v North Melbourne, Showgrounds, Sun 11:05
    Sydney v Essendon, SCG, Sun 1:35
    St Kilda v Western Bulldogs, Docklands, Sun 4:05

Round Three (June 18-21)
    Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG, Thu 5:40
    Western Bulldogs v GWS, Docklands, Fri 5:50
    North Melbourne v Sydney, Docklands, Sat 11:45
    Collingwood v St Kilda, MCG, Sat 2:35
    Geelong v Carlton, Kardinia Park, Sat 5:40
    Brisbane v West Coast, 'Gabba, Sat 5:40
    Gold Coast v Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, Sun 11:05
    Essendon v Melbourne, MCG, Sun 1:35
    Fremantle v Port Adelaide, Carrara, Sun 4:05

Round Four (June 25-28)
    Sydney v Western Bulldogs, SCG, Thu 5:40
    GWS v Collingwood, Showgrounds, Fri 5:50
    Port Adelaide v West Coast, Carrara, Sat 11:45
    St Kilda v Richmond, Docklands, Sat 2:35
    Essendon v Carlton, MCG, Sat 5:40
    Gold Coast v Fremantle, Carrara, Sat 5:40
    Brisbane v Adelaide, 'Gabba, Sun 11:05
    Melbourne v Geelong, MCG, Sun 1:35
    Hawthorn v North Melbourne, Docklands, Sun 4:05

Round Five (July 2-5)
    West Coast v Richmond, Carrara, Thu 5:40
    Collingwood v Essendon, MCG, Fri 5:50
    Carlton v St Kilda, MCG, Sat 11:45
    Geelong v Gold Coast, Kardinia Park, Sat 2:35
    Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne, Docklands, Sat 5:40
    Brisbane v Port Adelaide, 'Gabba, Sat 5:40
    Adelaide v Fremantle, Carrara, Sun 11:05
    Sydney v Melbourne, SCG, Sun 1:35
    GWS v Hawthorn, Showgrounds, Sun 4:05

detonator likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts

spinking said:

Were SOO matches, not NRL matches.
    Well, one was - the GF in 5th.
  • ManchildManchild    706 posts
    Its a **** joke
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Just went an did a bit of reading about the AFL teams and what is happening, to try to gain some enthusiasm for the season...

NUP.. Nothing, not happening. Hope i pick up when the season starts, but at this stage dont seem to care whether it is on or not!!! May as well convert to a Dorkers supporter!!!! hahaha

oldhendo likes this post.

Yep, just going to be an extended pre-season.

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    NAB Cup.

RIO likes this post.

That's the one
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    WOW TRK, how much would that ad encourage families to sign their little johnnies up to that sport!!!!!

VillageKid likes this post.

RIO said:

WOW TRK, how much would that ad encourage families to sign their little johnnies up to that sport!!!!!

It weeds out the soft, wrapped in cotton wool types, that’s for sure. We got 19yos (allegedlly)needing to take steroids just to make it =;

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,258 posts
    Is that ad a positive advertisement for the sport or a p!sstake?

VillageKid, RIO, Nevershowsurprise likes this post.