Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    if he's not a millionaire now...he will be very soon... =D>
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    didn't see the race but what a get on today. 1 ride out at Bendigo on a favourite..And gets it home thank you very much!!!!
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    @RIO go check your boy's ride on Punt Club just then in the 3rd at the valley, first class stayed cool calm, even put the stick away to straighten it up and still lifted it over the line  ^:)^

RIO likes this post.

edited April 2017
    A big weekend and another Group 1, also breaks the $10m mark for the season.

16/17 Prizemoney $10.095.890

what dates are those figures from, fast$?

the young guy is doing extremely well.....I wonder why young Parnham is not over east, could be up there with Damien....well almost...

:-j
    Since Aug 16, as a comparison Willy Pike`s rides have earned $4.4m for the 16/17 season.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    And another Group 1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Thunderstruck, RIO, oldhendo likes this post.

i think he may have paid for his Melbourne home by now... ^:)^
  • The_Real_PetermanThe_Real_Peterman    192 posts
    Good jockey that Lane :D

RIO likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    24% STRIKE RATE @dungy  :x

RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    He certainly making a mark. Surely without Winx, Bowman would sit well below Lane and McEvoy.
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    hash said:

i think lane would probably be a better betting proposition than pike would, regardless of which one is the better rider.

can't check lane, but if you put a dollar on all pike's mounts in wa this season, you would have got back.....81.6 cents in the dollar at tab div.
    if you put it on according to % chance(proportional) you would have got back 88.2 cents in the dollar, which is not too bad because it's less than the rake, but you still end up bankrupt.
    pretty sure there would be more profitable(less loss) jockeys to back even with far lower strike rates

Lane return, 85 cents in the dollar

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Pike and Lane both working hard with the number of rides they have taken. And Laney is being paid double for the same effort!!!! AND winning a few real Group 1's along the way he is coming along very well IMO and cant wait to see where he is at in 4 or 5 years time.

hash likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    RIO said:

Pike and Lane both working hard with the number of rides they have taken. And Laney is being paid double for the same effort!!!! AND winning a few real Group 1's along the way he is coming along very well IMO and cant wait to see where he is at in 4 or 5 years time.

simple. Hong Kong.

RIO likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    carey said:

hash said:

i think lane would probably be a better betting proposition than pike would, regardless of which one is the better rider.

can't check lane, but if you put a dollar on all pike's mounts in wa this season, you would have got back.....81.6 cents in the dollar at tab div.
    if you put it on according to % chance(proportional) you would have got back 88.2 cents in the dollar, which is not too bad because it's less than the rake, but you still end up bankrupt.
    pretty sure there would be more profitable(less loss) jockeys to back even with far lower strike rates

If you back him on every ride he rides in the season ?? correct ?? So if you dont back him on every ride whats the breakdown then ?? lol 
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    so your sample would more than likely mimic the population, and thus you would still be behind.

i know you have a sweet spot for him dungy, but how good a rider may or may not be, and how good a betting proposition he/she is, are 2 completely different things.

you should only care about the latter.

hash likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited June 2017
    Both are good riders IMO and i feel privileged to have had both of them - and Mr Harvey - ride my horses.
    All of them can hold a good conversation, all of them are respectful and forthright. From my experience that sets them apart from a lot of other jocks.
    Neither of them are good betting prospects anymore as they are always on a lot of short priced ones. Not surprised with FM's stats about Lane being a slightly better return than Pike, but still not a winning return.
    Jell said:

He certainly making a mark. Surely without Winx, Bowman would sit well below Lane and McEvoy.

And McEvoy won the Melbourne Cup, $3.6m to the winner.

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Someone's got to ride them
    spinking said:

Someone's got to ride them

Agreed but significant that Lane is at $12m without riding a Champion or any of the 4 major Group 1`s.
    Don't know the figures Fastmoney but financially would it be better say winning 6-8 or nine group ones than one of the big 4
    edited June 2017
    Different prizemoney levels make it too hard to judge and not sure its relevant when assessing  Lane`s season.
    Group 1`s 16/17
    Bowman 16 (3 HK)
    McEvoy 8
    Lane 4
    When you look at the above stats and as you said Winks accounts for many of Bowmans you realise how hard it is to win one and you look at D.Oliver who has ridden over a hundred it just reminds you of how resilient he has been hopefully one day Laney will be the same. Two great riders out of the west ones been at the summit for a while now while the other is still climbing but headed there

RIO, detonator, dungy, jum, thefalcon likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    carey said:

so your sample would more than likely mimic the population, and thus you would still be behind.

i know you have a sweet spot for him dungy, but how good a rider may or may not be, and how good a betting proposition he/she is, are 2 completely different things.

you should only care about the latter.

Good point i will pay that  but again those stats only apply if you are backing either one of them on every ride , and i may have a soft spot for WP but i dont back him every ride far from it